330 years of cannabis in Thai medicine

rooster59

330 years of cannabis in Thai medicine

Tanakorn Sangiam

3969cbb9ebdd2a782ec13e680c69807b_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 22 June 2019(NNT) - To support and prepare for the use of medical cannabis, with safe access by patients, the Sirindhorn College of Public Health in Phitsanulok has held the 330 Years of Cannabis in Thai Medicine - Phitsanulok City of Herbs event, promoting traditional Thai medicine, especially the use of cannabis as a medicinal drug ingredient.

The Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine (DTAM) Director General, Marut Jirasrattasiri presided over the opening ceremony of "330 Years of Cannabis in Thai Medicine - Phitsanulok City of Herbs" event held by the Sirindhorn College of Public Health in Phitsanulok.

The event is being held to promote villagers’ occupations and provide assistance to Thai traditional medical practitioners training people in Phitsanulok, Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Phetchabun, and Tak. It features seminars on medical cannabis usage in Thai traditional medicine by a panel of experts, along with exchanges of experience in patient care, the demonstration of traditional medicine making using 16 recipes containing cannabis, and training on the proper use of cannabis in patients and the general public.

An exhibition on cannabis cultivation and manufacturing, and a simulation of a cannabis clinic and Thai medicine diagnosis and treatment are also featured in this event. Interested persons can attend the event from today until 23 June at Sirindhorn College of Public Health, Wang Thong district, Phitsanulok.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-23

8 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

and training on the proper use of cannabis in patients and the general public.

There's no training needed. Just plant the seed, harvest and roll a joint and smoke it. :thumbsup:   

It was a sad day here in Pattaya when they stopped the selling of Thai Beef Noodle Soup (Gwaytio Nuea Nam) complete with a heavy sprinkling of cannabis - It tasted great and set you up for a nice relaxing day...

Actually my sister in law gave me a bottle of these drops that feel a lot like Cannabis. I have serious serious back problems I actually have a lot of metal disks and plates holding my back together and I get serious flare up sometimes sever enough to require morphine shots once in a while.

Well anyway I’m not sure if my sister in law acquires these drops legally or not probably not I’m guessing but THEY WORK! Whoever she gets the drops from removes the label probably because it’s not legal I’m guessing so unfortunately I can’t see the ingredients. But I can tell it’s not just regular CBD oil although I’ve never tried CBD oil before but I’ve heard that it doesn’t get you high at all and this stuff does seriously make you high and happy. These drops make you extremely high! JUST ONE LITTLE TINY LITTLE DROP OF IT IS MORE THAN ENOUGH! They’re actually right the stuff does work for everything including sleep problems which I also have. Just one little tiny drop under the tongue and it kicks in in less than an hour stronger than morphine but safer. I’m guessing it contains CBD and THC probably some sort of highly concentrated dose because just one little tiny drop of it under the tongue is plenty. It’s so strong that I try to take as little as possible and only when I need it because I doubt I’ll be able to keep getting this stuff from her forever when it runs out. I have a little bit of a tolerance to morphine and other opioids so this stuff is a God send because it’s also safer and does not cause stomach problems and constipation like opioids do.

When my back flares up now I no longer have any need for morphine shots or any narcotics. Just one little tiny drop of this stuff whatever it is under my tongue and it temporarily and even possibly permanently fixes a lot of problems.

So this stuff is literally going to save me trips to the hospital except for regular stuff. It’ll definitely keep me out of the Emergency Room for sure because I can just take one little tiny drop of it at home and then I am miraculously feeling a lot better! I was never a strong advocate for medical marijuana before until after I tried these drops. I’m still really curious where she’s getting these drops from but I don’t know if I want to know. I know her friend that she gets them from but I have no idea where she acquires them. I don’t know if she orders them online or if she’s getting them from a person or a hospital, but it’s definitely very professionally made stuff that comes in a squeeze drop bottle like I’ve seen advertised online and it’s definitely not some street drug. I still would not want to take more than one drop in a 24 hour period because if you take too much of it the stuff will probably have you hallucinating. The first time I tried a drop of it I remembered what it felt like the first time I tried smoking the stuff, it’s different than morphine but still works great for pain and if you take just one drop of it you better be prepared to stay home on this stuff because it’s like your brain can’t focus so you definitely would not want to be out of the house on this stuff. This stuff seriously takes over your concentration and situational awareness so it’s something you only want to use when you need it and when you are not going out anywhere, preferably just take a drop of it before bed. As long as I have these drops I have no need for any other medications the stuff works really well but you have to be just as careful with it as alcohol, definitely no driving when using it really when you use these drops you don’t want to be anywhere else except at home in bed or on the sofa. Once the stuff kicks in people around you will know when it kicks in because it’s like you are just switched half way off so never use it outside the house. Never use it recreationally or for medical usage unless you are at home. Because in public I’m guessing this stuff could probably get you in a lot of trouble. I seriously doubt that my sister in laws friend acquired it legally.

Did not know that the medical achievements of Siam went back THAT long at the Sirindhorn College of Public Health in Phitsanulok. 

Meanwhile the rest of the planet, 
330 Years ago in 1689:

• the last Roman Catholic King James II of England officially vacated the throne with his escape to France
  • Pope Innocent the Eleventh died
  • Peter the Great decreed the Great Siberian Route to China
  • The "East India Company" extended its rule and influence in India
  • the wheelchair was invented
  • 100 years later on, the:
    • United States celebrated its 13th Independence Day 
    • The French rocked with their "Bastille Day"
    • William Bligh was dethroned during the Bounty Mutiny
  • 300 years later, the Berlin Wall fell, the Soviets left Afghanistan after ten years of war and Bush senior got sworn into office 

3 hours ago, Mel52 said:

Actually my sister in law gave me a bottle of these drops that feel a lot like Cannabis. I have serious serious back problems I actually have a lot of metal disks and plates holding my back together and I get serious flare up sometimes sever enough to require morphine shots once in a while.

Well anyway I’m not sure if my sister in law acquires these drops legally or not probably not I’m guessing but THEY WORK! Whoever she gets the drops from removes the label probably because it’s not legal I’m guessing so unfortunately I can’t see the ingredients. But I can tell it’s not just regular CBD oil although I’ve never tried CBD oil before but I’ve heard that it doesn’t get you high at all and this stuff does seriously make you high and happy. These drops make you extremely high! JUST ONE LITTLE TINY LITTLE DROP OF IT IS MORE THAN ENOUGH! They’re actually right the stuff does work for everything including sleep problems which I also have. Just one little tiny drop under the tongue and it kicks in in less than an hour stronger than morphine but safer. I’m guessing it contains CBD and THC probably some sort of highly concentrated dose because just one little tiny drop of it under the tongue is plenty. It’s so strong that I try to take as little as possible and only when I need it because I doubt I’ll be able to keep getting this stuff from her forever when it runs out. I have a little bit of a tolerance to morphine and other opioids so this stuff is a God send because it’s also safer and does not cause stomach problems and constipation like opioids do.

When my back flares up now I no longer have any need for morphine shots or any narcotics. Just one little tiny drop of this stuff whatever it is under my tongue and it temporarily and even possibly permanently fixes a lot of problems.

So this stuff is literally going to save me trips to the hospital except for regular stuff. It’ll definitely keep me out of the Emergency Room for sure because I can just take one little tiny drop of it at home and then I am miraculously feeling a lot better! I was never a strong advocate for medical marijuana before until after I tried these drops. I’m still really curious where she’s getting these drops from but I don’t know if I want to know. I know her friend that she gets them from but I have no idea where she acquires them. I don’t know if she orders them online or if she’s getting them from a person or a hospital, but it’s definitely very professionally made stuff that comes in a squeeze drop bottle like I’ve seen advertised online and it’s definitely not some street drug. I still would not want to take more than one drop in a 24 hour period because if you take too much of it the stuff will probably have you hallucinating. The first time I tried a drop of it I remembered what it felt like the first time I tried smoking the stuff, it’s different than morphine but still works great for pain and if you take just one drop of it you better be prepared to stay home on this stuff because it’s like your brain can’t focus so you definitely would not want to be out of the house on this stuff. This stuff seriously takes over your concentration and situational awareness so it’s something you only want to use when you need it and when you are not going out anywhere, preferably just take a drop of it before bed. As long as I have these drops I have no need for any other medications the stuff works really well but you have to be just as careful with it as alcohol, definitely no driving when using it really when you use these drops you don’t want to be anywhere else except at home in bed or on the sofa. Once the stuff kicks in people around you will know when it kicks in because it’s like you are just switched half way off so never use it outside the house. Never use it recreationally or for medical usage unless you are at home. Because in public I’m guessing this stuff could probably get you in a lot of trouble. I seriously doubt that my sister in laws friend acquired it legally.

Good that you found something that works for you.

So basically, you don’t know what it is, what is in it, or where it comes from but you are sure it’s not a “street drug” because it comes in a squeeze drop bottle.  Packaging means nothing.  Liquid LSD came in squeeze drop bottles.

If it works for you, great.  Myself, on the other hand, wouldn’t even think of taking something where I have no idea what it is.

Good that you found something that works for you.

So basically, you don’t know what it is, what is in it, or where it comes from but you are sure it’s not a “street drug” because it comes in a squeeze drop bottle.  Packaging means nothing.  Liquid LSD came in squeeze drop bottles.

If it works for you, great.  Myself, on the other hand, wouldn’t even think of taking something where I have no idea what it is.

You’re right but I just know what it is because I know the people it’s coming from very well and I know what it feels like because I’ve tested it a few nights so I have a pretty good idea what it is. And if you are saying “you are on it right now aren’t you” I’d say yes. No I’m kidding but I just know what it is and it’s a long story how I know. But you are very right about that it still could be God knows what kind of substance because I’ve never in my life been a frequent user of any drug so my experience might not be what I think it is. God I actually never thought about that for all I know it might have MDMA or LSD in it which can mimic other drug side effects. So actually good point that’s why you shouldn’t trust every little thing that you consume from people no matter how well you think you know them. You are absolutely right. I just wasn’t thinking about that when I posted it. But based on my current internet research it is apparently a new thing for Cannabis now that so many places have legalized it. Although you never know when it comes to substances that you did not receive from a doctor that’s why I’ve never been in the habit of buying street drugs but I know some things no ones perfect.

LoL was the name of that Movie Get Him to the Greek when that guy was at the party and everyone was smoking marijuana and someone slipped him a “Jefferey” and then he started freaking out lol. Seriously though you are absolutely right.

Well you just have to love Thailand. Rolling spliffs for 330 years and now they're (the gov't) saying that rubbing CBD oil on your knee (previous article) could send you to hospital and all the other rubbish they've come out with while these guys want to set up shop. They've never had a toke in their life. What a bunch of absolute imbeciles. Legalise it for personal use. Simple.:stoner:

Mel 52, you should reread your post. You remind me of the guy at the bar who keeps repeating himself when he's drunk. Maybe you had too many drops

I only took them 3 nights in a row as a test. And I actually was having back flare ups again recently that’s why my wife’s sister gave it to me in the first place because they saw the kind of pain I was in. I was also in the hospital for my back again just a week or two ago. I’m pretty sure these drops are just some really powerful strain of Cannabis but it’s possible it could be something else or something else mixed with it. I only took just one drop nothing more but yes they really do a number on your brain and your concentration if I ever take them again I definitely would not want to be in public on that stuff. That’s the kind of stuff you take only when you really need it and be at home in bed before you take a drop. I wouldn’t want it all the time because it shuts down your brain for like 12 hours at least more like 24 hours and it wares off after you wake up the next morning. I like to be able to think and actually know what’s going on around me. But it’s really good if you’re just at home relaxing all night or in serious pain. I remember it was so powerful I couldn’t even focus on what was on TV at one point. My wife was laughing saying I’m gonna ask my sister where she gets that stuff. It’s actually really good for sleeping as well it didn’t knock me out like a real drug or sleeping pill would do but I didn’t have any problems falling asleep when I wanted to and I usually have very serious sleep problems. This stuff might be a good substitute for other medications as well.

330 Years of Cannabis in Thai Medicine and proud to still know nothing...

I don’t know if these drops were invented in Thailand then WoW they know what they’re doing man, this stuff is pretty groovy.

On 6/23/2019 at 10:30 PM, dinsdale said:

Well you just have to love Thailand. Rolling spliffs for 330 years and now they're (the gov't) saying that rubbing CBD oil on your knee (previous article) could send you to hospital and all the other rubbish they've come out with while these guys want to set up shop. They've never had a toke in their life. What a bunch of absolute imbeciles. Legalise it for personal use. Simple.:stoner:

you can thank BIG PHARMA for that, too much competition, where you COULD grow it in your garden , but they would lose TRILLIONS of profit per year without all the nasty side effects for you or your wallet

Archived