BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair but Thaivisa's top poster is "still standing" in Thailand

What an uplifting honest and interesting read. Makes a refreshing change from the usual political dross filling the newspapers at the mo. 

Thanks for sharing. If reading your story doesn’t make people have a second thought about their life and take stock then nothing will. Very humbling. 

All the very best to you both. 

13 hours ago, Justgrazing said:
19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

On another occasion he sauntered home arm in arm with EIGHT ladies

Sounds like Octopussy that night ..

One of Roger's worst performances as Bond, but one of Colin's best. Pretty sure if the movie's out there somewhere it'd get a fresher rating on Rotten Tomatoes than 007 did...

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

The shirtless look suits ya Col!!

emoji108.pngemoji108.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The are 2 reasons for no shirt, first 1, it is damned hard work getting a shirt on/off/

Second reason the upper part of my body where i have feelings is so very sensitive now, wearing a shirt is so uncomfortable. only wear a shirt when i go out the gate.

Now some people will think why is it difficult putting a shirt on, well as i have no balance i fall over  very easily.

25 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The are 2 reasons for no shirt, first 1, it is damned hard work getting a shirt on/off/

Second reason the upper part of my body where i have feelings is so very sensitive now, wearing a shirt is so uncomfortable. only wear a shirt when i go out the gate.

Now some people will think why is it difficult putting a shirt on, well as i have no balance i fall over  very easily.

It's impossible for many of us to even comprehend the daily challenges you, Colin, and others like you have to endure with even the most simple of tasks...  thank you for the explanation. 

Again, a humbling read...  There are so many decent posters on this forum which is often tarnished by some bitter, twisted and aggressive comments, I am sometimes guilty of intolerance to some objectionable comments, added to which my comments themselves may sometimes be objectionable for others. This thread is a great reminder that we are all human and all for the most part very decent human beings who would more than likely get along well in each others company... (give or take a handful of 'stinkers').

I have a sneaky suspicion Colin may well find himself facing requests for visitation after this article, if not because he is a genuine decent fellow, then for further elaboration on his 'ménage à trois huit'....

Be buggered bacon butties, 

crazy farang on a scooter,

stabbed, robbed and ripped off,

a constitution of stone!

Be around for the Mars landing colinneil,

I look forward to your post.

54 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion Colin may well find himself facing requests for visitation after this article, if not because he is a genuine decent fellow, then for further elaboration on his 'ménage à trois huit'....

Let's hope he doesn't set up an online booking system like the Vientiane embassy...

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

Let's hope he doesn't set up an online booking system like the Vientiane embassy...

Priceless mate, priceless.

You have given me an idea..... Entrance fee 20 baht for Thais, 100 baht for farangs.

Free entrance for over 65s, but must be with both parents.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

20 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Free entrance for over 65s, but must be with both parents.

I seem to remember a similar offer was mentioned in the Two Ronnies regarding a cinema in Peebles 555 

15 pages and I didn't see a troll comment - that says a lot, and is more than I can put in words.

Best wishes Colin - when I grow up I want to be like you (I am 60+).

Well done Colin, my complete respect for you. I admire your attitude. I love reading your posts.

Cheers Duck

31 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

15 pages and I didn't see a troll comment - that says a lot, and is more than I can put in words.

Best wishes Colin - when I grow up I want to be like you (I am 60+).

That didn't happen by accident. It won't be tolerated and will be removed.

Thank you for your fearless piece. May all things good come to you.

A post containing an over sized animated emoji has been removed.