BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair but Thaivisa's top poster is "still standing" in Thailand

Colin, you are an inspiring man, who with so many adversities life has thrown your way, still remain calm and collected. And its great that you like Thai people, and have experienced the very best and the most deplorable of them. Best wishes too you.

A remarkable show of courage and stamina by both Colin and his wife.It is stories like this that I refer myself back to when I think things are getting difficult.Thank you Colin and your wife for being.Before I read Colin's story I would often refer to Sir Douglas Mawson's story of survival in the Antarctic,but Colin does better by over coming the greatest hurdle in life,for when death came for him Colin says not now I'm busy!

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Now some people will think why is it difficult putting a shirt on, well as i have no balance i fall over  very easily.

So do we call you Humpty Dumpty now?

Can you post a photo of his wife? I can't imagine anyone's wife not telling them to put a shirt on when being photographed for a news story. 

3 minutes ago, PiBret said:

Can you post a photo of his wife? I can't imagine anyone's wife not telling them to put a shirt on when being photographed for a news story. 

No photos of my wife, if you look at the article there are no names mentioned, only mine.

When i told my wife about Roosters visit, she clearly said, do not mention my name, do not ask for any photos.

As my wife was not home during Roosters visit, i did not get nagged at to put a shirt on.

As i have previously mentioned, my upper body is extremely sensitive now since my accident, and wearing a shirt is damned uncomfortable, also as i have already said, i have no balance what so ever, i cannot sit on a dining chair, because i would fall off, notice in the bedroom photo, my bed has safety rails.

Colin you are an inspiration for your never quit attitude. If we ever meet, drinks on me. Cheers mate and have a great life ahead. 

28 minutes ago, colinneil said:

No photos of my wife, if you look at the article there are no names mentioned, only mine.

When i told my wife about Roosters visit, she clearly said, do not mention my name, do not ask for any photos.

As my wife was not home during Roosters visit, i did not get nagged at to put a shirt on.

As i have previously mentioned, my upper body is extremely sensitive now since my accident, and wearing a shirt is damned uncomfortable, also as i have already said, i have no balance what so ever, i cannot sit on a dining chair, because i would fall off, notice in the bedroom photo, my bed has safety rails.

Fairy nuff.

Do you have to go to immigration once a year?

Must be hard to occupy the days, unless you have lots of visitors, good luck.

Do you speak Isarn?

You continue to be an inspiration Colin.

10 minutes ago, PiBret said:

Fairy nuff.

Do you have to go to immigration once a year?

Must be hard to occupy the days, unless you have lots of visitors, good luck.

Do you speak Isarn?

Yes mate i go to immigration once a year.

Occupy my days, easy Thai visa, and reading, now books can be a problem, buying new can prove expensive.

My mate Bobby brings me books sometimes.

Only yesterday Fractured  rabbit posted on here that he had some books he wanted to part with. 

Well i cheekily messaged him, and he had just seen the article about me, so he has very kindly said he will send them to me with Kerry, i offered to cover costs and he said..... My gift to you.

A very BIG thank you to him.

Do i speak Issan, no i dont, but i try and it can be quite funny sometimes.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes mate i go to immigration once a year.

Occupy my days, easy Thai visa, and reading, now books can be a problem, buying new can prove expensive.

My mate Bobby brings me books sometimes.

Colin, you should give eBooks a try. I have a Kindle; however, I have downloaded the Kindle app to my smartphone because it's more convenient to read them there.

There are truckloads of free books on the web, and on the Amazon Kindle website. Some are dreck, but some are quite engaging. Most of the classical authors - Dickens, Thackeray, the Brontes etc. are free, as is Jack London and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

I didnt exactly get a free house, when i came back the house was 70% complete, up to that point my wife paid, after that point i paid, so i in effect paid about 30.%

Sound like the good deal.

17 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Sound like the good deal.

Yes a very good deal, i am a very lucky man, my wife is a fantastic lady.

All power to you Colin! Enjoy every day as much as you can. Your mind is lively, intact and doesn't suffer the illnesses of many so feel blessed.

Excellent article, and a truly inspirational story.  Keep it up Colin.  Looking at the pictures, I just have one concern though.  What have you done with the pink POTY tights, man?  They appear to have been turned into some sort of blanket.