BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair but Thaivisa's top poster is "still standing" in Thailand

This must be fake news, I've never seen any posts from him before and I've been on here since it started in 1968. 

Always enjoy your posts Colin. Many of them resonate with how I feel. Keep it up and have a long and happy future!

18 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

It's a shame you are only allowed to win POTY once Colin. Your input is always right up there and if you could win more than once, I think you would be a top contender every year. Awesome to have such a great poster, with such a wicked sense of humour overcoming such adversity. Inspirational. Truly inspirational to us all.

Great human story. The best type of Englishman: honest, tough, yet kind with a good sense of humour.

Despite your many daily physical challenges, your love life has had the type of ‘happy ending’ that most farang men are hoping for when they ‘shut up shop’ back home, and venture into Thailand.

I am sad you can win POTY only once in your lifetime. Surely the rules can be changed? The winner for instance ‘takes a rest’ from nomination for one, or perhaps, two years only and then becomes eligible again.

You’re an inspiration. Very admirable. Well done, sir. 

Glad to read your story Colin , over the past few years and your comments I realised you had been through the wars now we can see how you came through.  Cheers Colin , I won't grumble about the 39B - quid today ......... tomorrow yes but not today.

19 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Finally seen my boat race...... You need glasses mate, my boat race has  been on my avatar for over 3 years.

Yeh, but in your avatar, yer handsome. Currently .................... mehhhhh!  🙂

Legend. One of the few posters on here whose comments I will always read when flicking through. A shining example of going through a tough time but coming out the other side still positive.

The mayority of people have problems, difficulties and contrarieties, living as expat in Th. and I am a example.

As Darksidedog said, you (Colin) , also makes my own problems into insignificance. I emphasize your sharpness when use the sense of humor as a weapon with a great emotional intelligence.

“Well, nobody is perfect”...

All my respect to you, Colin.

Great story! Always good to see your posts Colin, thank you for your contributions.

Definitely the type of guy us Brits can be proud of. Wish you all the best for the future.

Bluesofa must be p+++ed again, no sarci quips from him yet, come on mate dont let us down, we are waiting.

you are a lot stronger than me Colin.

Hang in there buddy.

Heart wrenching experience Colin and one everyone should remember and take very seriously when treading a path through Thailand living 

You seem to have fallen on the extremes of life here from the very worst to the wonderful and compassionate side of this country and its people - I have seen both but nothing to the extent you have seen.

May the good fortune and happiness you have found continue - all the best 

smeds

My thanks to Rooster and TVF for "exposing" my digital pal Colin. I knew much of this but not all. It was a great read, very well composed.

Colin is on my bucket list for a visit. I look forward to shaking the hand and personally exchanging with a man who possesses the cajones to push on and enjoy life in the face of such adversity.

I doubt that I could have endured what he has.

And thanks to xxxxxxx for being such a great woman and always being there for him.

Great story, Colin, I admire your tenacity, hang in there and stay safe.

this story makes me realize how weak I am and how lucky I have been so far.