Paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair but Thaivisa's top poster is "still standing" in Thailand

rooster59

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, petermik said:

They breed them tough in Preston......keep smiling Colin and give the missus a kiss from me (hansum prince) as she is a diamond :thumbsup:

question is does he support Preston North end....or one of the red or blues of Manchester....!!

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Quite speechless / wordless after that.... A humbling read.

To still see the positive side of life shows a special type of character, and what a special lady Colin's Wife seems to be.

well said....

with all the hardships of life you've had and you're having, you're a Great Colin, never giving up on life and beautiful and beautiful living it, yes I know a lot of times you fall into great despair, but we have to think that there are people who are very much much worse than us,
you are a Great Colin, good life to you, I have been living in Thailand for over 13 years, I hope to meet one day, I went there twice before Ban Phai, my wife has a great friend who lives just before arriving at Khon Kaen, God bless you Colin.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Well folks i have had a quite interesting, in fact crazy life since 1996.

When Rooster contacted me about visiting and doing an article, i thought what the hell, go for it.

There are a few members here who think i am a fake paraplegic, so i agreed to the interview just to prove them wrong.

As can be seen i held nothing back, it is a very accurate description of my life in Thailand.

c'mon, level with us !  do you ever use that winch to help some of the overweight ladies up onto that bed ?

just kiddin' ........  I would be seriously feeling sorry for myself if badly injured.   keep going strong !  

Well deserved Colin. 

A special mention of admiration goes to your lovely wife for standing by your side through all the ups and downs.

I too feel like I am very lucky with my wife, but hope we'll never have to test our relationship like you had to.

All the best to the both of you

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

c'mon, level with us !  do you ever use that winch to help some of the overweight ladies up onto that bed ?

just kiddin' ........  I would be seriously feeling sorry for myself if badly injured.   keep going strong !  

What would be the point in using the winch to get any size lady on my bed?

My tackle dont work any more, and being catheterized it would be impossible any way.

Also what would be the point in feeling sorry for myself?

After being told i would never walk again, yes i did feel sorry for myself, went into a very deep depression, only got passed that with the help of my wife.

I have always been a positive person and always will be, i try to overcome every hurdle placed in front of me.

Sometimes i get very angry, when i cant do something, and have to ask for help.

2 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Well deserved Colin. 

A special mention of admiration goes to your lovely wife for standing by your side through all the ups and downs.

I too feel like I am very lucky with my wife, but hope we'll never have to test our relationship like you had to.

All the best to the both of you

A mention for my wife, yes mate it is her who deserves the admiration, not me.

She is the strongest person i know, without her i would have given up a long time ago.

She is my rock, my life, my everything.

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What would be the point in using the winch to get any size lady on my bed?

My tackle dont work any more, and being catheterized it would be impossible any way.

Also what would be the point in feeling sorry for myself?

After being told i would never walk again, yes i did feel sorry for myself, went into a very deep depression, only got passed that with the help of my wife.

I have always been a positive person and always will be, i try to overcome every hurdle placed in front of me.

Sometimes i get very angry, when i cant do something, and have to ask for help.

first part was a joke...since laughter is the best medicine.

I have had hurdles in life as well.... and of course got down at first.  Like all the others here, I applaud you

overcoming the tough parts.

Very happy to have known Colin both before and after his accident, and to have been able to assist during some of his other previous "events".

With my own advancing years I am not able to visit Colin as often as I would like, but hope to make a trip to Khon Kaen area later this year.

Collin when I asked for help to help some poor school girl you were the first one to respond . The others who responded were just ...my hand is in my pocket ... well they never took it out . You were a genuine person .God Bless you Collin , you are a real human being .

Cheers mate

Well what a pleasant thread.......5170.gif.f10378adcc4cedbd8c880b2012a59c1a.gif

Colin and I have been cyber friends for years, perhaps the same attitude to stuff took us that way. Colin should be an inspiration to us all, when life gets tough just crack on looking for that rainbow...

Think this thread and it's comments have shown Colin his input on TVF has made a difference to peoples lives, whether a laugh, agreed fact, whatever, knowing folk admire will bring a smile to the chap (and me)....When I read it a song (as usual) came into my head...

I fully appreciate that Colin is happy but oh man, I feel sorry for this guy. What a terrible life.

A terrible marriage followed by death threats and then an accident that left him a paraplegic. Then living in fear from attack in his village. (Why do people think being the "only Farang in the village" is some sort of badge of honor?). 

I guess a lot of Thailand tragics exhibit this Stockholm syndrome. But best luck to you Colin, you're one of the good guys!

I have just been showing my wife some of the very good wishes for me and her.

Myself i am humbled, my wifes comment was,!! why people think i do good, i am your wife it is my duty take care my husband !! My wifes words not mine.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Myself i am humbled, my wifes comment was,!! why people think i do good, i am your wife it is my duty take care my husband !! My wifes words not mine.

When u curl up your toes can u give her my number?

????

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well folks i have had a quite interesting, in fact crazy life since 1996.

When Rooster contacted me about visiting and doing an article, i thought what the hell, go for it.

There are a few members here who think i am a fake paraplegic, so i agreed to the interview just to prove them wrong.

As can be seen i held nothing back, it is a very accurate description of my life in Thailand.

Hi Colin , you had me worried till i started reading through it all , (i also from Preston ) i thought it maybe my old friend big "C" who i've lost track of since i came here permanently 2006, , straight talking also sometimes gets me into trouble , i don't live with permanently tattooed rose tinted glasses , tell it as is , all the best to you and the misses , 

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Not many of her sort about today Colin...I have similar GF and feel lucky to have met her...as she does me...as I said in an early comment give her a kiss and big hug a she is worth her weight in gold and get her to listen to this......

Hey Colin, sorry to hear you had to endure all this, but I do believe you have a pearl of a wife, many of us will never get that connection!
But besides your wife, you now know that many people on TV are ready to know you better and if ever help needed, I am sure many will act upon your first sign!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

Really fascinating article.

You're a great guy, Colin. You're one of the best on Thaivisa.

Well done! Good luck to you always.

Still standing, and standing tall.  Sorry I never got up to see you the way we discussed a few months back but I am returning to live in my home country with my Thai wife who has dual citizenship and likes living there. Best wishes and sorry for not keeping my word as catching up with you. Leaving within the fortnight.

54 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Bluesofa must be p+++ed again, no sarci quips from him yet, come on mate dont let us down, we are waiting.

He's about somewhere Col' but in the meantime 'ere's one for you .. 

I had one of those catheter things in hospital a few yrs ago .. The Doc' on his rounds one morning said " How's you're micturition today Mr Grazing ? " " My what " I said .. " Can you pass water ? " he replied ..  thinking he wanted a drink I said " well at a stretch I can but it might be easier if you get it yourself " .. 

When the time came to remove it the nurse said " do you want to do it yourself but I wouldn't advise it " and she weren't kidding about that but in forra penny .. she pulled the screens around and waited outside .. I grabbed my Hampton with one hand the pipe with t'other shut my eyes and just pulled .. I yelped like a dog with urine spraying everywhere as it came out and the nurse says " Are you OK Mr Grazing ? " " yea no worries I'm just p*ssing about " was all I could reply .. 

Excellent write about about you're life Col' keep it going brother there's plenty of mileage in you .. 

Archived