[VIDEO] Another quality tourist: Crazed foreigner arrested after Jomtien beach rampage

rooster59

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Always very sad to see foreigners behaving so badly, as every story adds a little to the discontentment locals have with farang in general. The more of these morons the cops get and throw out though, the better things will become for the rest of us who do care about where we live and do abide by the law.

Because of idiots like him, the visa rules get each time stricter...

Hopefully he will be banned for lifetime, and deported, so he can do that in his own country!

19 minutes ago, jonclark said:

What is all this "blacklist" nonsense. It was a small problem that the police dealt with well. Fine him and send him on his way. Just as the law states. End of.

I am sure the embarrassment of seeing his behavior all over the local internet is punishment enough. 

Fine him, how much 500 bath?!

This scumbag will do the same again when he his drunk, so better he go home and stay there!

3 minutes ago, kralledr said:

Fine him, how much 500 bath?!

This scumbag will do the same again when he his drunk, so better he go home and stay there

Is that fact or assumption? 

If 500 baht is the standard fine. So be it. It is not up to us to decide the law. Deportation is not the punishment. End of story. 

39 minutes ago, jonclark said:

What is all this "blacklist" nonsense. It was a small problem that the police dealt with well. Fine him and send him on his way. Just as the law states. End of.

I am sure the embarrassment of seeing his behavior all over the local internet is punishment enough. 

If you understand Thai language, hi hit the native man in dark clothes. Then he spit on & kick a police officer.

Thai people filmed this, and im sure its already on many facebook accounts, and shared in high numbers. This incident lead to that more natives dislike foreigners.

Foreigners don't need more bad publicity, or more dislike / hate from the locals. This video only give the locals, and authorities, the reason to dislike foreigners, even more.

What started as a small problem became much bigger when he as a tourist, spit and kick a public servant.

Its no longer a small problem, thanks to the idiot behavior, by a foreigner.

Nonsense is those who excuse this kind of behavior done by foreigners in Thailand. This was the second incident in few days.

Hope he get what he deserves.

30 minutes ago, kralledr said:

Because of idiots like him, the visa rules get each time stricter...

Hopefully he will be banned for lifetime, and deported, so he can do that in his own country!

Really???? 

Many foreigners seem to be paranoid about immigration and what Thais think of us.

Maybe they don't think about us at all. Maybe Thais have more important things on their mind, than to think about farangs?

Lived almost 20 years now in south east Asia, and asked my native friends: do you notice foreigners behavior out and around? 

Reply: we notice EVERYTHING you do in public, and we talk about it online and in private.

We appreciate foreigners who behave polite, and we look down on those foreigners who behave badly, and rude to us who are born here.

Imagine you are in your country of birth. Then you observe a tourist of other skin color first hit another local, then spit and kick one police officers. Imagine your reaction.

A small case? Absolutely not.

This is obvious disrespect to the country one visit, and disrespect to people who are born there.

Even worse to attack a public servant in uniform.

We wouldnt accept it in our country of birth. Why shall we accept it when it happen in Thailand.

Nothing to do about paranoid.

Many of us know the difference between right and wrong. 

Many of us do actually care about fellow foreigners behavior, and reputation when we're abroad.

And yes, if enough negative incidents reach the public, news,  police, and lawmakers, even more restrictions are absolutely likely.

59 minutes ago, ExpatPH said:

If you understand Thai language, hi hit the native man in dark clothes. Then he spit on & kick a police officer.

Thai people filmed this, and im sure its already on many facebook accounts, and shared in high numbers. This incident lead to that more natives dislike foreigners.

Foreigners don't need more bad publicity, or more dislike / hate from the locals. This video only give the locals, and authorities, the reason to dislike foreigners, even more.

What started as a small problem became much bigger when he as a tourist, spit and kick a public servant.

Its no longer a small problem, thanks to the idiot behavior, by a foreigner.

Nonsense is those who excuse this kind of behavior done by foreigners in Thailand. This was the second incident in few days.

Hope he get what he deserves.

I am sure that as a Thai u know full well that Thais do far worse and the vast majority of the crimes that Thai police deal with are committed by Thai and are far far more nasty than this minor incident. It is minor. 

If Thai people dislike foreigners so much then Stop promoting yourself as a destination they should visit. Or perhaps you should educate yourself a bit more about what tourism actually means. 

Luckily most Thai people do not share your view. 

And most people here on a two week holiday really couldn't care less what Thai people think of them. Your opinion is not that important. 

24 minutes ago, ExpatPH said:

Lived almost 20 years now in south east Asia, and asked my native friends: do you notice foreigners behavior out and around? 

Reply: we notice EVERYTHING you do in public, and we talk about it online and in private.

We appreciate foreigners who behave polite, and we look down on those foreigners who behave badly, and rude to us who are born here.

Imagine you are in your country of birth. Then you observe a tourist of other skin color first hit another local, then spit and kick one police officers. Imagine your reaction.

This is obvious disrespect to the country one visit, and disrespect to people who are born there.

We wouldnt accept it in our country of birth. Why shall we accept it when it happen in Thailand.

Many of us do actually care about fellow foreigners behavior, and reputation when we're abroad.

And yes, if enough negative incidents reach the public, news,  police, and lawmakers, even more restrictions are absolutely likely.

My reaction.. 

Let the police and law deal with it in the same way that a local would be dealt with if they had done the same thing. That is the purpose of the law.  

The rest is just people presenting opinion as fact. 

my 2 cents; those of us who have lived with family or had close friends that are alcoholic know such behavior very well though not all alcoholics become violent and abusive a very fair % do. 

police commonly deal with it amongst thais. these people are sick and not necessarily idiots, or crappy people. just the effect of alcohol frying their normal thought processes. police routinely come to the building next to mine to deal with a very nasty drunk that screams, curses, yells, abusive to family.

i have had great friends that are recovering alcoholics. some of the stories they told me about crazy behavior was astonishing and horrifying.

1 hour ago, ExpatPH said:

Complete and utter nonsense from the first word to the last. There are many examples of well known and well publicized anti-social behavior among Thais -- ladyboy pickpocketing almost nightly; routine jet ski scams; police corruption, and so on -- but most Thais, like most foreign tourists and ex-pats are good, honest and pleasant people. And the Thais know very well, as do the foreign tourists, that a few bad apples do not spoil the whole bunch, not actually and not in the minds of the on-lookers, be they Thai or foreign. Thailand, and perhaps in particular Pattaya, attracts a very low level of life. And Pattaya appears to attract a low level of both foreigners and Thais. Accept it and deal with it -- the Thais do, and generally in a reasonable way, extracting minimal pain and significant financial discomfort to those who behave outrageously, but who do not cause significant harm or personal injury during their rampage. 

Life in Thailand, with all of the tourists arriving in huge numbers daily, will go on. These 2 idiots will pay (perhaps dearly) for their misbehavior and, when they are again sober, will regret greatly what they have done. And, while neither of them possesses much/any self restraint or good judgment, I seriously doubt that they will do the same things again -- lesson learned (even vegetables will adjust their position to face the sun). Neither of these events is really "news worthy", and neither (individually, together or in a group with the other similar events involving foreigners in Thailand) will create any "problem" for well-behaving tourists or ex-pats or encourage any changes in the rules or regulations affecting either -- existing laws affecting both Thais and foreigners are more than adequate if enforced properly. Unlike the back-to-back border runs and ED visa scams that were perpetrated by foreigners for years and for which the Thai government was seriously concerned and sought to close these "loop holes", getting drunk and making a public disturbance is a punishable offense for which there are adequate remedies, probably short of deportation and blacklisting, but if that remedy exists in extreme cases, so be it. From any reasonable perspective, this really is much to do about nothing -- so please put your Sunday to better uses than to fret about these two anti-social fools. Next......

45 minutes ago, atyclb said:

my 2 cents; those of us who have lived with family or had close friends that are alcoholic know such behavior very well though not all alcoholics become violent and abusive a very fair % do. 

police commonly deal with it amongst thais. these people are sick and not necessarily idiots, or crappy people. just the effect of alcohol frying their normal thought processes. police routinely come to the building next to mine to deal with a very nasty drunk that screams, curses, yells, abusive to family.

i have had great friends that are recovering alcoholics. some of the stories they told me about crazy behavior was astonishing and horrifying.

imo the worst drug that we have to deal with in society..

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:
2 hours ago, atyclb said:

imo the worst drug that we have to deal with in society..

alcohol does 400% more damage than all illegal drugs combined..  i am not against social drinking

Neuropharmacologist David Nutt, MD, of Imperial College London, and colleagues rated 20 different drugs on a scale that takes into account the various harms caused by a drug. Drugs are rated on nine harms a drug causes an individual and seven harms a drug causes society.

The scale, developed by a panel of experts called the Independent Scientific Committee on Drugs (ICSD), ranges from 0 (no harm) to 100 (greatest possible harm). It is weighted so that a drug that scores 50 is half as harmful as a drug that scores 100.

"The highest and lowest overall harm scores … are 72 for alcohol and 5 for mushrooms," Nutt and colleagues calculate. "The ICSD scores lend support to the widely accepted view that alcohol is an extremely harmful drug both to users and to society."

Alcohol was found to be the most harmful drug to society and the fourth most harmful drug to users.

The findings should come as no surprise: Alcohol has been linked to more than 60 diseases.

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/news/20101101/alcohol-more-harmful-than-crack-or-heroin#1

Archived