[VIDEO] Another quality tourist: Crazed foreigner arrested after Jomtien beach rampage

rooster59

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nonsense.

Topic is crazed foreigner, not about thais.

Nonsense.

Laws has changed dramatically last years, we who visited in the 90's and lived in Thailand over a decade have seen that.

Last 3 years restrictions of many visa categories also demonstrate that even further. Numerous crackdown on back to back visa, ed-visa, long stayers, much because foreigners didn't follow the rules, involved in crime, involved in morders of Thai women.

Now it's well behaving expats on retirement extension of stay, who feel the latest restrictions.

'No consequences' is utter nonsense.

Those who also understand and listen into natives conversation, know how often foreigners bad behavior, are Thai peoples topic.

2 incidents last days where a foreigner demonstrate superior attitude toward a native, don't help the image of us foreigners.

Thais would never dare to spit & kick a police officer!

Ever seen arrest of Thai men? They lay on the street, humble as humble can possibly be.  Then a visitor, a tourist, a foreigner dare to spit & kick a police officer. Unbelivable.

''crazed foreigner'  stories in the news, makes the situation worse for the rest.

9 minutes ago, ExpatPH said:

Nonsense.

Topic is crazed foreigner, not about thais.

Nonsense.

Laws has changed dramatically last years, we who visited in the 90's and lived in Thailand over a decade have seen that.

Last 3 years restrictions of many visa categories also demonstrate that even further. Numerous crackdown on back to back visa, ed-visa, long stayers, much because foreigners didn't follow the rules, involved in crime, involved in morders of Thai women.

Now it's well behaving expats on retirement extension of stay, who feel the latest restrictions.

'No consequences' is utter nonsense.

Those who also understand and listen into natives conversation, know how often foreigners bad behavior, are Thai peoples topic.

2 incidents last days where a foreigner demonstrate superior attitude toward a native, don't help the image of us foreigners.

Thais would never dare to spit & kick a police officer!

Ever seen arrest of Thai men? They lay on the street, humble as humble can possibly be.  Then a visitor, a tourist, a foreigner dare to spit & kick a police officer. Unbelivable.

''crazed foreigner'  stories in the news, makes the situation worse for the rest.

1) He is not crazed...he is drunk - two very different things - the headline it is not the truth. 

2) You are the one who made it about Thais, by bring their PoV into it. 

3) Murders of Thai women - Even Donald Trump would be proud of the that statement mate! I think you'll find far more Thai men have murdered Thai women / Thai wives (and vice verse).

4) Superior attitude - Again your opinion which is clearly jaded. There is nothing in either video to show a 'superior attitude'Just two drunk idiots who should and were treated as such.

5) Thais would never spit and kick an officer - Of course not !! 

Thais chuck hand grenades at em. I think I know which the police prefer!

As for your visa gibberish - well as 99.5% of the people who come here and get smashed and have problems, well most of them are single entry, two weeks of a year tourist - There are after 30 million of them a year - who then go back home and get on with their normal 9-5 and forget about Thailand.

And BTW there were probably far far more incidents in Pattaya involving foreigners and the police over the weekend than the 2 which we have seen here. I bet the police would love to have 2 incidents only!

He's not crazy, he's just drunk. Same kind of things happen in the western tourist spots. The only difference is how gently and professional the Thai police are: They tackled him to the sand and not concrete and also tried to get him to calm down. In the west, tazed and beaten without even blinking, on the concrete. In the west the police shut them up with force by just knocking them out. This is far from dramatic and a pretty tame video.

Nice face full of sand.......police were pretty patient in my book. If it was the USA he would have been down on the ground within ten seconds, or tasered immediately. Sad commentary on the rest of us in Thai eyes. When I was in Mongolia if a drunk came up to us and tried to hassle my team members, my Mongol team members dealt with the drunk very roughly.....they had no time for drunks at all, and I always appreciated their concern.

4 hours ago, jonclark said:

What is all this "blacklist" nonsense. It was a small problem that the police dealt with well. Fine him and send him on his way. Just as the law states. End of.

I am sure the embarrassment of seeing his behavior all over the local internet is punishment enough. 

It´s not a small problem, as many tried to make you understand. This person is not worth getting away with a fine. And no there is not the end because you want it.

In my opinion there is not any known amount of embarrassment or punishment that is enough for this sorry arse of a man.

4 hours ago, madmen said:

Going to be a very expensive hangover

You bet!

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder how often he will run against some walls in the police station once the cameras are gone...

Hopefully until brain hemorrhage emerges.

4 hours ago, jonclark said:

Is that fact or assumption? 

If 500 baht is the standard fine. So be it. It is not up to us to decide the law. Deportation is not the punishment. End of story. 

No, the story does not end, just because you want that, but you are free to stop posting in the thread. ????

However, it doesn´t matter what is the standard fine for Thai people. He is to stupid to have a granted permission to stay. Cancel it!

3 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

The police pushed him long enough untill he raised his arms and try to stop them. 

This was the the time for them to twist his arms and force him to the ground. 

Anyway an avoidable Situation. 

Yes, totally avoidable. The drunk stupid excuse for a man should have known his limits. That´s the only way to avoid it. The police did their duty.

2 hours ago, jonclark said:

And most people here on a two week holiday really couldn't care less what Thai people think of them. Your opinion is not that important. 

That seems like a good way of thinking when you visit another country.

My reaction.. 

Let the police and law deal with it in the same way that a local would be dealt with if they had done the same thing. That is the purpose of the law.  

The rest is just people presenting opinion as fact. 

This person is too thick to get something he don´t deserve. Deportation and Blacklist is the best choice. At least he will take his sorry arse to another country.

1 hour ago, Fat Prophet said:

Complete and utter nonsense from the first word to the last. There are many examples of well known and well publicized anti-social behavior among Thais.

What has this to do with Thais?

1 hour ago, ExpatPH said:

Well then, I suggest they get a life and mind their own business. 

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

3 hours ago, jonclark said:

And most people here on a two week holiday really couldn't care less what Thai people think of them. Your opinion is not that important. 

Rubbish. Some of the unhappiest people in the world are those who worry about what other people think of them. They're in an imaginary prison of other people's opinions.

Two weeks holiday is too short to have to live it by other people's thoughts.

51 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Rubbish. Some of the unhappiest people in the world are those who worry about what other people think of them. They're in an imaginary prison of other people's opinions.

Two weeks holiday is too short to have to live it by other people's thoughts.

And for you that´s an excuse to behave badly? Alternatively you didn´t understand the meaning with my post.

1 hour ago, newatthis said:

Well then, I suggest they get a life and mind their own business. 

Mostly "they" have a better life, than people that don´t care. They also do mind their own business, in accordance to a good behaviour in a foreign country. You know why? Because they understand it and know how to act like a normal human beeing and not like an animalistic version of  Pee Wee Herman on crack.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

It´s not a small problem, as many tried to make you understand. This person is not worth getting away with a fine. And no there is not the end because you want it.

In my opinion there is not any known amount of embarrassment or punishment that is enough for this sorry arse of a man.

You bet!

No, the story does not end, just because you want that, but you are free to stop posting in the thread. ????

However, it doesn´t matter what is the standard fine for Thai people. He is to stupid to have a granted permission to stay. Cancel it!

Yes, totally avoidable. The drunk stupid excuse for a man should have known his limits. That´s the only way to avoid it. The police did their duty.

This person is too thick to get something he don´t deserve. Deportation and Blacklist is the best choice. At least he will take his sorry arse to another country.

Maybe Thailand should only offer visas based on intelligence then. As the assumed level of intelligence or the lack of it seems to be your defining argument and this man weakness.

PhDs need only aply perhaps? 

3 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Whatever is said about the RTP,their patience amazes me me,if this had been Usa the guy would be on a morturary slab.

Exactly.  Act up like this in San Diego or LA you'd wake up in the ER with your head split open.  Never had a run in with the cops here.  Never will.  From the ones I've seen I thought they used extreme restraint.  Especially considering the scum Pattaya is filled with...

1 hour ago, jonclark said:
3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You bet!

Maybe Thailand should only offer visas based on intelligence then. As the assumed level of intelligence or the lack of it seems to be your defining argument and this man weakness.

theres no lack of phd's and other advanced degree alcoholics that act in a similarly bad way when intoxicated

could even argue the high educated drunks are worse in that their education leads them to think they are above others and can piss on anyone.

police all over the world commonly deal with them.

immigration does not consider education level for granting visas/etc. 

this is one area where i must give credit to the police here and that is the ability to show restraint.... how tempting it must be to kick the crap out of this guy after spitting and kicking one cop... idiots like this should be immediately deported and banned...

26 minutes ago, atyclb said:

theres no lack of phd's and other advanced degree alcoholics that act in a similarly bad way when intoxicated

could even argue the high educated drunks are worse in that their education leads them to think they are above others and can piss on anyone.

police all over the world commonly deal with them.

immigration does not consider education level for granting visas/etc. 

Regarding visa, I wrote should and not does. Everywhere else I totally fail understanding what you tried to deliver.

1 hour ago, jonclark said:

A PhD does not mean your intelligent. Everybody can study to one, but all remember different. Yes, If this behaviour from tourists and expats and all other foreigner are to be continues, then I will welcome a behaviour analysis on arrival.

These police love to pounce on anyone not looking like a Thai. Just the slightest misdemeanor, or a look even, and they will releave you of your dosh.

It's a payday for them. In the original pic a BibB seems to be waving an envelope. And in that other recent incident, with the Aussie, he was assaulted and can be heard saying something about money.

Fair doos. About time some farang got a decent break.

In Non Han the best houses are all BinB gaffs

42 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

A PhD does not mean your intelligent. Everybody can study to one, but all remember different. Yes, If this behaviour from tourists and expats and all other foreigner are to be continues, then I will welcome a behaviour analysis on arrival.

though the iq of the average phd tends to higher due to bias and filters in the selection process.  lots about this online. technically anyone can study for a phd or an md/mbbs but the selection criteria normally filters out the lesser iq applicants.

49 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Regarding visa, I wrote should and not does. Everywhere else I totally fail understanding what you tried to deliver.

"Everywhere else I totally fail understanding what you tried to deliver."

you're joking right?

9 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

The police pushed him long enough untill he raised his arms and try to stop them. 

This was the the time for them to twist his arms and force him to the ground. 

Anyway an avoidable Situation. 

In the Thai news article accompanying the story it says he had been threatening people on the beach and had already attacked 2 members of the public.

The police had no option but to take him into custody to prevent further attacks. Hardly avoidable.

Archived