BANGKOK 18 August 2019 22:07

Hi all just after a bit of advice, since all this visa thing seems to be a real jumbled affair. Came in on a tourist visa a couple months ago and have since got an extension for 30 days.  Now wondering which is the best way to stay longer?  Have a wife  which is great  but the thing is I can't get marriage extention  due to being in hospital for the past 6months with Taburculosis and that cost me all our spare cash till we sell some land  any advice welcome thanks 

Posted (edited)

You can get a 60 day extension from Immigration presuming your Wife is Thai.

EDIT:  maybe not as you have already got 30 days. You should have asked for 60 days.

Edited by fishtank

Just now, fishtank said:

You can get a 60 day extension from Immigration presuming your Wife is Thai.

Thanks  so your saying that after the 30day extention I can apply for another extension  ?

You can get a Non Imm O Visa from Savanakhet Laos.

Presuming your Wife is Thai.

A Multi entry will get you around 15 months,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joromei said:

Thanks  so your saying that after the 30day extention I can apply for another extension  ?

Probably not.

You should have asked for 60 days last time.

2 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Probably not.

You should have asked for 60 days last time.

They didn't want to give it. So suppose I will have to go out and back again. 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Joromei said:

Did you really ask for it???? One is based on an extension of the Tourist-VISA and the other is based on an extension of stay based on being mariied to a thai national, 2 completely different things. So by just showing immigration a yourist-VISA and say that you want 60 days doesn´t do it....

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

3 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Did you really ask for it???? One is based on an extension of the Tourist-VISA and the other is based on an extension of stay based on being mariied to a thai national, 2 completely different things. So by just showing immigration a yourist-VISA and say that you want 60 days doesn´t do it....

glegolo

Yes did all that wife there with all the paper work  still a no  and that took nearly 4hrs . Seems my only option is fly out come back next day  

3 minutes ago, Joromei said:

Seems my only option is fly out come back next day  

Why not make a trip to Savannakhet Laos and apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage. No financial proof is needed to get it. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

If you would prefer to get a 30 day visa exempt entry you do not have to fly out and back. You could do a border run to get one.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why not make a trip to Savannakhet Laos and apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage. No financial proof is needed to get it. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

If you would prefer to get a 30 day visa exempt entry you do not have to fly out and back. You could do a border run to get one.

Thanks for that info ubonjoe I was hoping you would see this, and will take your advise  regards!! 

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If I did the Laos trip I would need my wife there wouldn't I ?

3 minutes ago, Joromei said:

No..

5 minutes ago, Joromei said:

Your wife does not need to be with you to apply for the visa.

You would only need copies of her house book registry and ID card signed by her. Also your original marriage certificate and a copy.

1 hour ago, Joromei said:

Did you actually obtain a tourist visa from a Consulate and enter with that or just go out and back again for a visa exempt entry?

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

You can get a Non Imm O Visa from Savanakhet Laos.

Presuming your Wife is Thai.

A Multi entry will get you around 15 months,

A Multiple Entry will give almost up to 17 month together with a 60 day extension.