Notifications

dick dasterdly

57 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Might help if you were a little more specific ?

My 'notifications' show a number of responses - but whilst previously the new responses were in bold (and the old in ordinary type) - nowadays there's no differentiation, so I have to count the number of 'new responses' to discover the new responses.

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

My 'notifications' show a number of responses - but whilst previously the new responses were in bold (and the old in ordinary type) - nowadays there's no differentiation, so I have to count the number of 'new responses' to discover the new responses.

Yes, a bit all over the place at the mo...

On 6/24/2019 at 1:21 PM, lopburi3 said:

Actually today it seems notifications are staying bold until you actually click on them (much better as when had many before you had to remember as any click returned all to normal font).

Same here, but it only started working this way today in my case.

Thank you technicians.

My notifications have stopped.  I haven't received any in a couple of days and can't believe that noone is responding on the Brexit or Boris Johnson thread, let alone the DT BS.

On 6/23/2019 at 4:39 PM, Puchaiyank said:

After reading notifications...clear notifications so that you do not have this problem...

I've tried doing this, and it doesn't work.

A couple of old notifications are still shown - or perhaps they are new notifications in un-embolded script?  I'm not sure as the 'notification icon' shows x number of notifications, whereas when I look - there are more....

The mixture (after clearing notifications) of un-emboldened and emboldened quotes is a bit annoying.  Not to mention the difference between the number shown on the 'icon' and the actual number.

22 hours ago, wayned said:

My notifications have stopped.  I haven't received any in a couple of days and can't believe that noone is responding on the Brexit or Boris Johnson thread, let alone the DT BS.

Actually that's another point!

Some notifications on some threads are shown, whereas others never appear.  Where is the 'confused emoticon' when you need it!

22 hours ago, wayned said:

Have you tried going into your profile and switching them on ?

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

The mixture (after clearing notifications) of un-emboldened and emboldened quotes is a bit annoying. 

The bold means you have not clicked on the thread - once you do it reverts to normal font (all for that thread will revert).  If you just do not want to click on suspect clearing notices will remove but admit have not tried and always read threads with new content (or at least make the click).

my notifications seem to be back to abnormal".  Sometimes they appear in the box at the top, other times they appear expanded in the normal window below.  Both work as explained above.

• 5 weeks later...

Today notifications are back to being normal font on any access instead of having to click on or actually read.  This after a week of having some remain bold long after clicking on them or coming back bold with no new posts.  Was this a one month test? 

Archived