How to buy houses in isaan

Ok. Falang cannot buy freehold or ??         Is there such a thing as eatate agents . How is it done.  

Also Someone told me to become acquainted with bank staff  and see if you can find some bargain repos. 

Most major Thai-Banks have "Repo-Lists" somewhere on their "Homepages". Bargains available.

- It's just that once you plow thru all the Legalities of "Foreighn-Ownership" of R/E Estate, it may serve to stifle your appetite for Thai R/E Estate greatly.

I knew the concept of falang getting into property ownership is like staring into a minefield where fiscal suicide seems entirely possible. In my situation I am handing over a modest amount of dosh to a partner of over 10 years

47 minutes ago, Benroon said:

It is 'fiscal suicide' to the not so bright! Why are you handing over anything ? You can buy it (and you don't need to say it is all your partners money - old wives tale No 525)

Land in her name - you own the house - usufruct on the back of the chanote - simples !

DD

ok.   I just cannot remember seeing what looks like an agent in your average town in isaan.    Maybe I need new specs.   

24 minutes ago, surreybloke said:

DD

ok.   I just cannot remember seeing what looks like an agent in your average town in isaan.    Maybe I need new specs.   

There are always the "Phoo Yai Baan's" (village chiefs). Among everything else, they know if a property is for sale. Best to have a Thai-National as a "Scout". You entering the scene as an interested Farang will increase the price of the property immediately.

- As I mentioned above, Banks have "Repo-Lists". Especially in Rural-Aereas, bargains available. Banks will assist in legal-matters, involving the Land-Office as well. You will get clean Title. (As opposed to (some) "Real-Estate-Agencies" that are not accountable to no one).

In short: By aquiring property off a "Repo-Situation" of a Bank can cut down on "red-tape" massively. (You will still have to bring your purchase into accordance with Thai-Law.) But that is another can of worms.

- AND: You should know where (geographically) you would want to aquire property in Thailand. Rumor has it, that without a pre-determined geographical fixation, most Farangs end up buying a Condo in Pattaya. For better or for worse.

Archived