London to Bangkok, British Airways, Coach - bad?

toast1

I use BA economy. The main reason is I like to fly direct and because I stay 7 months or so. BA has been cheaper than Eva and Thai because they normally raise the price of their tickets for stays longer than 90 days, whereas BA is a constant price structure. I have a feeling that may be changing though because recently I have seen good deals on EVA and Thai for long stays over 90 days. 

If that is the case the only reason to fly BA will be the luggage allowence. If you buy a standard return not basic that only allows hand luggage, you can technically get 69 kg luggage allowence. Thats 23kg in your case in the hold and 2 bags in the cabin each can contain 23kg in weight the only restrictions are bag sizes one must be 56x45x25 and a smaller one 40x30x15. Ideal if you want to bring to Thailand something small but heavy.

I do it all the time.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, naboo said:

???

Emirates have endless A380 flights BKK-LHR

And I prefer the Dreamliner to the A380. I really notice the higher cabin pressure, always arrive feeling fresh after a flight on the Dreamliner.

Yes they do but not on the dates i had selected, so it didn't show up...

https://booking.iflya380.com/?class=2&departuredate=2019-07-14&destination=LHR&origin=BKK&returndate=2019-08-17

Qatar also seems to have a380 operating here. I don't like the seat arrangements in Business on Dreamliners, most force you to be next to another person, horrible. But i think BA has single seats on the window sides: https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/British_Airways/British_Airways_Boeing_787-8.php

I don't notice the pressure thing, as the a380 skybar distracts me.

Recently travelled to UK direct on BA in business class. (Used loyalty points so cost wasn't that great). Must say since I last flew BA I think the service has deteriorated. Planes are older models and the in flight services such as movies has deteriorated. Cabin crew friendly enough , but I think the global changes BA have made are impacting the experience. There is no dedicated lounge in Suvanibhumi now, it is shared with Cathay Pacific, and the lounge(s) in T5 London are like a zoo.

i think for long haul there are better options, albeit possibly with a stop over.

Would have to think twice about flying BA if I was flying on a full fare ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

Eva have been grounded for more than 10 days due to a cabin crew strike world wide . Flights out of London cancelled since the 24th June , however I have just arrived arrived in Thailand from London on their br068 flight on the 1st of July  albeit a later take off time of 23 30 hrs . Spoke to some of the crew who said the strike may well continue . I was unaware of the dispute until Eva sent me an email to monitor the strike status .

I travelled in May back from Saudi  with Oman (didn't know they had a airline?) quick hop from Riyadh on a cramped 737. But the night flight from Muscat to BKK, was very good' given a overnight kit. and the plane was less than 50 per cent full. so everybody ended up with several seats each, and was able to sleep. missed breakfast, but the first meal was nice with two G &T's. I would expect their flight to London would be just as comfortable. I think they would be worth a punt! and the price is very competitive.

Archived