Rival in UK PM race calls on frontrunner Johnson to answer 'difficult questions'

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

Certainly is obscene but there appears to be other very serious skulduggery that should be investigated.  First the Met Police denied that they had attended, even though there were witnesses  almost as if someone had "leaned" on them from a high position to deny a visit ever took place.  Then after the revelation of a recording they had to do a u-turn and admit that they did attend the property.  More to that than meets the eye perhaps ?

I would suggest that the Police responded initially because, given Boris's current position as the most likely successor to Mrs May, they were paying particular attention to that address. Any call reporting anything at that address would produce an immediate response.

I would further suggest that as soon as the true intentions of "the concerned neighbours" became apparent (about twenty seconds after they met them?) a decision was taken from high up in the Met command structure to keep out of it - this is likely to have led to the contradictory reports of Police involvement.

29 minutes ago, JAG said:

I would suggest that the Police responded initially because, given Boris's current position as the most likely successor to Mrs May, they were paying particular attention to that address. Any call reporting anything at that address would produce an immediate response.

I would further suggest that as soon as the true intentions of "the concerned neighbours" became apparent (about twenty seconds after they met them?) a decision was taken from high up in the Met command structure to keep out of it - this is likely to have led to the contradictory reports of Police involvement.

So why do you "suggest" that they actually denied being there ?  Hardly contradictory because it was a downright lie. As I said skullduggery.

26 minutes ago, JAG said:

A lot of ‘I would suggest’ and not much to back up your suggestions.

If the police believe the report was malicious or not made in good faith they can press charges. 

3 hours ago, newatthis said:
12 hours ago, webfact said:

Neighbour Tom Penn, 29, said in a statement he had called the police because he was "frightened and concerned for the welfare of those involved".

"Once clear that no one was harmed, I contacted the Guardian, as I felt it was of important public interest," he said. "I believe it is reasonable for someone who is likely to become our next prime minister to be held accountable for all of their words, actions and behaviours."

Penn said voted to remain the European Union three years ago, but that was the extent of his involvement in politics.

BS. Instead of minding your own business after it was all cleared up, you had to have your 15minutes of fame. You're just a nosey busybody and a gossip.

You could try reading their side of the story...

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/22/neighbour-who-called-police-over-boris-johnson-row-goes-public#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24

You think A$$ hole who has a noisy row with his GF in the early hours of the morning with no consideration for his neighbors who may be sleeping is fit to be PM???

That aside his record in cabinet was appalling, not once but on a few occasions after not getting his way he openly criticized decisions taken by the cabinet, a sin that has cost many other cabinet ministers their job, yet TM was not want to upset the ERG members by calling him to account, in the end she had to sack him.

If he is not fit to be a cabinet minister the he certainly is not fit to be our next PM.

Grammar police post removed

Also removed a giant copyright picture from the usual poster of giant oversized stuff.

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

32 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

So why do you "suggest" that they actually denied being there ?  Hardly contradictory because it was a downright lie. As I said skullduggery.

32 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A lot of ‘I would suggest’ and not much to back up your suggestions.

If the police believe the report was malicious or not made in good faith they can press charges. 

Dear oh dear, hardly any more speculative than suggestions of "skullduggery" or high level influence being brought to bear, and based on  some experience of how the command structure of the constabulary functions at times.

If I can further "suggest" (?) pressing charges, unless insisted on by those who were the subject of the complaint,  would involve the Metropolitan Police in an imbroglio infinitely more complex than any "domestic dispute". I should imagine they are standing by with the longest bargepole in the QM's bargepole store!

27 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Well don't save up all your trust to waste on Jezza and his looney left, cos he may not be around long either.

I wouldn't trust jezza because he's an idiot, not because he a lying tory 

12 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Sorry you are completely wrong.  When in public life you are open to having all aspects of your life scrutinised.  You may not like it but that is life. An immoral person in their private lives is no doubt going to undertake their public lives with a similar level of morality.  I am not saying BJ is leading an immoral private life, but just using an example. If he disregards fixed notices for parking his vehicle in his private life what confidence does that give his party and the general public that he will not attempt to disregard the laws in his public life ? Sorry but poor old BJ was given enough rope and he has just hung himself. He is now a loser as far as the PMs job goes.

Oh come on! I doubt few if any of the current crop of MP's would be paragons of moral virtue. There was a time when scandal - be that moral behavior, lying, cheating, etc meant the end of public life. Sadly, it now only seems to enhance it.

He blusters, lies, ignores questions, is rude, and lacks real substance - but for some reason many of the people in the street love him! 

Imagine, a person like that, who seemingly has no plans and just laughs when caught lying, is seriously being considered as our next PM!

Shows how low morals, behavior, character, respect for law, and honesty have sunk in the wonderful multicultural utopia UK that's fast heading to be the sort of shit-heap many of it's ethnic foreign citizens families originate from. 

4 hours ago, JAG said:

Dear oh dear, hardly any more speculative than suggestions of "skullduggery" or high level influence being brought to bear, and based on  some experience of how the command structure of the constabulary functions at times.

If I can further "suggest" (?) pressing charges, unless insisted on by those who were the subject of the complaint,  would involve the Metropolitan Police in an imbroglio infinitely more complex than any "domestic dispute". I should imagine they are standing by with the longest bargepole in the QM's bargepole store!

Indeed. Most police forces and officers don't like getting involved in domestics. It really is a quagmire.

The police will only act if someone makes a complaint in this case, Boris or his partner. There was no suggestion of an assault or any criminal act or offense requiring arrest.

Whilst police in the UK are always responsive to reports from the public, someone who reports something to the police and then gives or sells the story to a known political newspaper may raise a few eyebrows about their motives being more than "a good neighbor". 

12 hours ago, connda said:

Going for the jugular!  Hope Hunt's skeletons are all locked about neatly in the closet.

Hunt, Not have .

Bonkers skeletons are banging on the doors, old etonian ,, revenge is sweet. 

He will not last six mounths as PM .

I'm a long-standing member of the Conservative Party and have a vote in the leadership contest. I also took early retirement last year from a job in a government department (DIT).

I won't be voting for Boris. Twice in the last five years I found myself in small-group meetings with him. I have also spoken to people who have worked with him.  I think its fair to say he is not well liked.

Away from the cameras he is foul tempered and very abrupt with his staff. He's also not interested in detail and has a reputation for being lazy.

Hunt has less entertainment value than Boris, but I suspect is more grounded, more realistic about Brexit and more likely to get the job done.

In the final analysis it may not matter. There's a good chance we'll be pushed into a GE. If Farage splits the right-of-centre vote then there is a good chance Corbyn will get in - and Brexit will be the least of our worries....

17 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

An immoral person in their private lives is no doubt going to undertake their public lives with a similar level of morality.

Who is responsible for setting the direction of the moral compass?

I dread self-righteousness!

I wouldn't trust jezza because he's an idiot, not because he a lying tory 
Corbyn doesn't quite fit an idiot savant description, but if he is the other side of the coin to a lunatic Hard Brexiteer, then this is a negative message for the UK economy and signals increased volatility ahead. Both are downside risks for Sterling. Not good.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Oh come on! I doubt few if any of the current crop of MP's would be paragons of moral virtue. There was a time when scandal - be that moral behavior, lying, cheating, etc meant the end of public life. Sadly, it now only seems to enhance it.

He blusters, lies, ignores questions, is rude, and lacks real substance - but for some reason many of the people in the street love him! 

Imagine, a person like that, who seemingly has no plans and just laughs when caught lying, is seriously being considered as our next PM!

Maybe this is the Trump disease that has spread to the UK???  Do you not recognize it??

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, webfact said:

Johnson declined to answer questions about the incident at a hustings for party members on Saturday, saying to applause that the audience wanted instead to hear about his plans for Britain three years after the country voted to leave the European Union.

Quite right too. It's only a matter for him and his partner, given the cops didn't arrest him.

The media has, IMO, abandoned any pretence of reporting facts and are more interested in scandal and trash articles. Used to be only certain newspapers were involved in gutter reporting, but seems that it's becoming the new norm.

I presume they are making her life a misery now in their pursuit of a headline- I pity her.

22 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Sorry you are completely wrong.  When in public life you are open to having all aspects of your life scrutinised.  You may not like it but that is life. An immoral person in their private lives is no doubt going to undertake their public lives with a similar level of morality.  I am not saying BJ is leading an immoral private life, but just using an example. If he disregards fixed notices for parking his vehicle in his private life what confidence does that give his party and the general public that he will not attempt to disregard the laws in his public life ? Sorry but poor old BJ was given enough rope and he has just hung himself. He is now a loser as far as the PMs job goes.

Sorry you are completely wrong.  When in public life you are open to having all aspects of your life scrutinised. 

The scourge of modern political life. Which is why, IMO, only the most desperate seek political life, and the sane, intelligent people will have nothing to do with politics.

It may be a fact of modern life, but we are worse off for it, as no clever people will touch politics with a very long barge pole.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry you are completely wrong.  When in public life you are open to having all aspects of your life scrutinised. 

The scourge of modern political life. Which is why, IMO, only the most desperate seek political life, and the sane, intelligent people will have nothing to do with politics.

It may be a fact of modern life, but we are worse off for it, as no clever people will touch politics with a very long barge pole.

100% agree with you. But most people entering politics i think do it for their own ego satisfaction, not primarily for the benefit of the country.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The scourge of modern political life is rooted in supporting any political figure regardless of their lies, criminality, lack of experience or record of failure on the basis of meaningless promises they make, or worse still the fears they pedal and the scapegoats they hand out in exchange for votes.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The scourge of modern political life is rooted in supporting any political figure regardless of their lies, criminality, lack of experience or record of failure on the basis of meaningless promises they make, or worse still the fears they pedal and the scapegoats they hand out in exchange for votes.

"The fears they pedal"........Blimey, that's rich coming from you....55555555555555

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Maybe this is the Trump disease that has spread to the UK???  Do you not recognize it??

Can see some similarities. Not sure that it originated with Trump - he's more a symptom of something larger.

1 minute ago, Misty said:

Can see some similarities. Not sure that it originated with Trump - he's more a symptom of something larger.

Agree, The Trump haters overlook that he only won because the voters had had enough of business as usual and elected a rank outsider in the hope that he could effect a change in Washington. Sadly, Washington is too big for any one man to change, and the rest of them are in it all the way up to their necks, so he's just scratching at the edges of the swamp. When he goes, it will be like he was never there, as the swamp reverts to business as usual, IMO.

11 hours ago, elliss said:

Hunt, Not have .

Bonkers skeletons are banging on the doors, old etonian ,, revenge is sweet. 

He will not last six mounths as PM .

He has only got to make it to November the 1st!

19 hours ago, CapraIbex said:

Who is responsible for setting the direction of the moral compass?

I dread self-righteousness!

Future leaders of our country , must be judged by their past .

Exit Boris , asap. He is made for pantos , Mother Grouse , exscuse typo.

5 hours ago, elliss said:

Future leaders of our country , must be judged by their past .

And who will be the 'judge(s)'?

• The mindless ignorant masses quashing the knowledgeable minority
  • The editors of The Sun and Daily Mail
  • A group of people representing the of the church of whatever religion
  • The Queen
  • Piers Morgan
  • The Jewish community
  • The Chinese, Germans or Russians
  • The Pythons
  • [...]

Archived