Rival in UK PM race calls on frontrunner Johnson to answer 'difficult questions'

webfact

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree, The Trump haters overlook that he only won because the voters had had enough of business as usual and elected a rank outsider in the hope that he could effect a change in Washington. Sadly, Washington is too big for any one man to change, and the rest of them are in it all the way up to their necks, so he's just scratching at the edges of the swamp. When he goes, it will be like he was never there, as the swamp reverts to business as usual, IMO.

If it was down to the voters, Hilary would be in the White House. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh come on! I doubt few if any of the current crop of MP's would be paragons of moral virtue. There was a time when scandal - be that moral behavior, lying, cheating, etc meant the end of public life. Sadly, it now only seems to enhance it.

He blusters, lies, ignores questions, is rude, and lacks real substance - but for some reason many of the people in the street love him! 

Imagine, a person like that, who seemingly has no plans and just laughs when caught lying, is seriously being considered as our next PM!

Shows how low morals, behavior, character, respect for law, and honesty have sunk in the wonderful multicultural utopia UK that's fast heading to be the sort of shit-heap many of it's ethnic foreign citizens families originate from. 
Just go back the last 50 years or so..check out " the blair miranda ".
Also do not forget john major and his bit on the side.
Also the disgraceful episodes exposed by the msm re " expenses " claimed by many mp's approx 10 years ago..jackie smith..moathouse man etc.
The house of sociopaths has harboured many scummers in the last 50 years imo.
Boris..a mere drop in the ocean imo

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Just go back the last 50 years or so..check out " the blair miranda ".
Also do not forget john major and his bit on the side.
Also the disgraceful episodes exposed by the msm re " expenses " claimed by many mp's approx 10 years ago..jackie smith..moathouse man etc.
The house of sociopaths has harboured many scummers in the last 50 years imo.
Boris..a mere drop in the ocean imo

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think the difference is that both the Major and Blair things never became public knowledge when either were relevant. The reactions and responses to such stories as that of Cecil Parkinson, Harvey Proctor or the bloke in the Chelsea Strip who's name escapes me - these were all revealed in real time and they all resigned as a result. 

Whereas in the past, contemporary public indiscretions invariably led to resignations, we seem to be moving towards a more libertine period where we are expected to ignore our leaders' foibles. 

Personally, I cannot decide where the balance should lie.

Archived