Going in & out on a non-imm O-A multiple

Thanks in advance if someone can clarify these points.

Just coming up to my first three months stay here of a one-year "Non-imm O-A  multiple entry" visa (issued in Sydney), I've booked a one week break in Saigon - for both a change of scenery and to save me having to do a 90 day report (flying Thai, out and in at BKK).

On returning here, i understand I will NOT need to have:

1. 20,000 baht equivalent cash (I will probably have this, just wondering if it's necessary),

2. Evidence of accommodation (all I could produce is the current month's room rent receipt - I don't have a lease),

3. Re-entry permit (I believe this is not required as my one-year visa of April this year will be still current),

4.  Onward flight (I don't have this and really dont want to get one as I don't really know when I might next travel. But if it's going to be demanded by:
 -  BKK immigration OR
 -  Thai airlines,
I suppose I could get something disposable - but I do get irritated by such waste.)

Many thanks in advance.

52 minutes ago, law ling said:

I've booked a one week break in Saigon - for both a change of scenery and to save me having to do a 90 day report (flying Thai, out and in at BKK).

Tempted to do the same to avoid 90 day immigration dealings while they sort out the TM30 issue.

You won't have a problem with any of the things you mention. 

OP excellent plan. Small tip. If your going to district 1 jump on the yellow 109 bus just to the right of airport exit 20k dong. Get your "letter of invitation" for visa on arrival online. You most likely know all this. PM if you need any info.

In practice, you will need none of the items you list. Purely theoretically, you are supposed to have the 20,000 baht equivalent in cash or travellers' cheques, but you are never going to be asked to show that when entering with a Non O-A.

23 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Tempted to do the same to avoid 90 day immigration dealings while they sort out the TM30 issue.

You won't have a problem with any of the things you mention. 

Not sure what you are expecting concerning the TM30. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SpokaneAl said:

Not sure what you are expecting concerning the TM30. 

I usually file a 90 day report by post and get a receipt mailed back a week or so later, so not sure what might happen if I mail one to them currently, and whether there's a chance of it being rejected due to a TM30 irregularity. I've yet to read of any rejections of mailed reports though so far - only those made online or in person. 

Sounds like a great idea.

However, why the problem with 90 day report.

I am on an O-A from OZ and have done 2 90 day reports. In and out in 10 mins.

That is at Jomtien.

Edited by ianezy0