BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thais rip into "5,000 baht for a tourist's life" check presentation

40 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

The answer is to ban large bikes and to ban all rentals to people without licences and full insurance. Will that happen? Probably not as nothing is ever done that might prevent "poor Thais" from earning money.

These big rental bikes in Pattaya are mostly owned by cops so nothing to do with any "poor Thais."

The cynic in me just regards this a poorly thought out easy path to putting the episode behind them with no further investigation or follow up........

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I would have told them in plain terms to shove the cheque where the sun doesn't shine, and there is no way I would give them the satisfaction of a photo op, unless it was a view of the said cheque disappearing up an orifice. 

Disgusting lack of empathy for the Families concerned.

Better to do nothing than stage this macabre attempt and cheap shot at some publicity.

Don't they realize this paltry amount and all the happy grinning faces will backfire on them.

The smile on a Thai,s face is to cover up the fact they do not know properly how to react to any given situation........:whistling:

Who is the clown second from the left??? It looks like the cops found him sleeping in the soi and dumped him in the pic simply to fill in space.

Geeeezuz.

Whilst there is a lot of angst about this one, I can think that a small gesture from the TAT is a nice thought, but what is the point in giving a cheque to the family of a tourist. Can they cash it without a bank account?

1 hour ago, petermik said:

The smile on a Thai,s face is to cover up the fact they do not know properly how to react to any given situation........:whistling:

A grin on a face can sometimes signify embarrassment. Its not unusual to see these large bikes tearing along Thepprasit and Thappraya road. Thankfully they are not allowed on motorways.

• 2 hours ago, Bipolar said:

The key thing is that why would anybody with any self-respect wanna accept Bt 5,000 baht after a relative has died and worst even pose for such pictures??????

Agreed. You prompted me to go back and look at the picture again. Pathetic ! In extremely poor taste !

2 hours ago, smedly said:

and the Arab rider ?

what happened to him ?

why is he not paying up ?

Like meny other tourists 

No insurance 

No money 

But Thailand show how much they care for tourists in this case 

5000 baht that is a joke 

44 minutes ago, potless said:

A grin on a face can sometimes signify embarrassment. Its not unusual to see these large bikes tearing along Thepprasit and Thappraya road. Thankfully they are not allowed on motorways.

They are apparently if ridden by police or motorway personnel. So don't stop looking in your mirrors, if you thought there were none.

54 minutes ago, potless said:

Not SUPPOSED to go on motorways! 

3 hours ago, Bipolar said:

The key thing is that why would anybody with any self-respect wanna accept Bt 5,000 baht after a relative has died and worst even pose for such pictures??????

I would suspect they had no idea what was actually happening.