Chiang Mai set to be brought to a standstill: Rot Daeng vs Grab war hots up

webfact

23 hours ago, Vacuum said:

You're right of course, but you're talking about tourists. 90% of the rot daeng users are local Thai, are you suggesting that they should use "an airconditioned modern car with a pre-arranged price"?  That would mean they must introduce thousands of these grab taxis in the city.

People who want to use rot daeng can still use it, all legalising Grab will do is give people a viable, safe and legal alternative to being ripped off for being non-Thai. They wouldn't need to introduce thousands of them because ultimately Thais can and would still use the red trucks. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blocking my choice of travel will only get you confrontation of get out of my face, I breathe my own tainted CM air. The problem is there are way too many red trucks around and too little of tourists and people who want to use them. Reduce the red trucks by firing the drivers and then they can probably make their 100 baht per day. In actuality it is the Rot Daeng public Service company who is shooting themselves in the foot by their greed of putting too many trucks out there. Shame on them! 

Archived