BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Liquids, gels, sprays and food banned from Thai airports and airplanes from yesterday

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1. You don't think it's odd that the airlines' websites re baggage restrictions -- which do talk about ammunition and various other things -- make no mention of the LAG restrictions.

2. If they've been enforcing LAGs all along, then what the heck is the OP article talking about some change now???

Whats a LAG?  I know what a lag is an old context.....whats  yours?

7 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Buy everything after control make King Power more rich, maybe a causality this new law ? I have serious doubts....about milliards baths pay for exclusivity.

No is not true. 🤣

You have never flown to Australia….they will get you again.

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Little did they care he'd checked in two more cans in his hold baggage.

Corrected that for ya - hold baggage doesn't matter 😊

It was a joke.

Are you one of out Transatlantic cousins?

7 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Liquids were always in the suitcase only 100 MLS was ever allowed.i never carry anything like that.but u can buy all u want once u clear security at any airport for dbl the price.just try not to buy anything at LHR it is expensive.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And don't buy anything duty free into Oz

1 minute ago, Traubert said:

It was a joke.

Are you one of out Transatlantic cousins?

So was my reply....and....... don't be daft....I used more than 2 syllables 🤣

What I don't get is they remove any water from you at the security check area, then you proceed to the aircraft buying some water at the food court and take it on the plane, not to mention everything you can buy at the food court. ???????????🤨

4 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

What I don't get is they remove any water from you at the security check area, then you proceed to the aircraft buying some water at the food court and take it on the plane, not to mention everything you can buy at the food court. ???????????🤨

Oh come on....that's obvious.  What you purchase after security is deemed by the authorities as "checked" - what you may bring in from outside is unknown.

3 minutes ago, VBF said:

Oh come on....that's obvious.  What you purchase after security is deemed by the authorities as "checked" - what you may bring in from outside is unknown.

So all the water you can buy after the security check is scanned and tested to be safe????? I very much doubt that looking at the way thais work.

Surprised that there is no insistence that phones and computers must have charged batteries so they can be turned on and checked.

Everything else seems to be same same.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, VBF said:

So was my reply....and....... don't be daft....I used more than 2 syllables 🤣

Oh yeah. Please accept my most abject apologies, our kid. 😄

Your next bottle of Wor-che-chester-ter-shire Sauce is on me.

1 minute ago, DUNROAMIN said:

So all the water you can buy after the security check is scanned and tested to be safe????? I very much doubt that looking at the way thais work.

Note I said "deemed" to be checked. It's been an international rule for several years - it's all over the web - here's just one example https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions

When I leave a London airport I carry a couple of empty bottles and fill them at the drinking fountain after security check. Same at BKK but this article is implying that only now are the Thais enforcing it.

This thread is only good for its comedy value - I like a good laugh!