Liquids, gels, sprays and food banned from Thai airports and airplanes from yesterday

webfact

11 minutes ago, The Stranger said:

Sanook is not a reliable source, I took a look to the official aot website https://www.airportthai.co.th/en/%e0%b8%a1%e0%b8%b2%e0%b8%95%e0%b8%a3%e0%b8%81%e0%b8%b2%e0%b8%a3%e0%b8%ab%e0%b9%89%e0%b8%b2%e0%b8%a1%e0%b8%99%e0%b8%b3%e0%b8%82%e0%b8%ad%e0%b8%87%e0%b9%80%e0%b8%ab%e0%b8%a5%e0%b8%a7%e0%b8%82%e0%b8%b6/ and everything is more or less like before: one can board liquids, but they must not exceed the limit of 100ml, and anyway not exceeding the total allowance of 1000ml

From the link you posted, I wonder if this below the actual change/revision to the already existing regulations???

Additional conditions started using this June 23, 2019.

Curry sauce, dipping sauce, local food In volume that exceeds the limit That has been relaxed for domestic flights will not be excluded Passengers must bring with the luggage carried under the plane. 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

This is just hand luggage right, I thought this was the case for years?

I thought so too. I think most of us are conditioned to fly with less than 100ml of liquids that it's second nature.

Can see big delays though as the Thais will typically ignore all the signs/posters...

1 hour ago, missoura said:

The authorities may have overlooked a few things...

sniper.JPG

you mean the one with the striped pants? yeah, she looks suspicious to me as well 555

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Water, drinks, soup, syrup, jam, stew, sauce, nam prik, foods in sauce, creams, lotions, cosmetics, oil, perfume, toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel, spray, foam, mascara, lipstick and lip balm. 

Other than "cosmetics" I see only liquids and gels, nothing new here.

2 hours ago, missoura said:

The authorities may have overlooked a few things...

sniper.JPG

Yep, passengers - they are currently still allowed in airports but it is currently under review. 

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

And we all have to thank the Islamic terrorist for that, who made traveling a pain in the ass with all the security scrutinise time consuming and the billions that it costs the airlines which we the travelers ultimately pay for... 

Not one of the listed products have been used or killed in terrorists attacks.   It's the collective paranoia.  There are people innocent people dying from bombing by criminal rogue terrorist states and nobody is even daring to condemn.  

41 minutes ago, Youlike said:

Few weeks ago i departed from Swampy...in the plane i checked my bag again and found a full bottle of water that i had forgotten.

I had passed all the checkpoints with it (accidently) and made it into the plane.

AFAIK, apart from when United used to service BKK-NRT with their own aircraft, along with flights to Australia, these were the only ones that had a 'top-of-the-stairs' hand-carry bag check where water bottles had to be dumped. Buying bottled water on departures to take on the plane is generally permitted, no? I usually grab one from the fridge in the lounge before heading to the gate.

If you mean that it has slipped by the initial per-immigration security checks, then yes, someone wasn't paying attention.

I dislike AMS where they restrict the water that can be taken onboard; even if it has been purchased air-side. Since KLM like many others, hand out those pathetic, tear-off top plastic cups of drinking water, I always liked to bring my own. Last time they allowed me a maximum of 3 x 300 ml water bottles bought in departures.

49 minutes ago, Youlike said:

Few weeks ago i departed from Swampy...in the plane i checked my bag again and found a full bottle of water that i had forgotten.

I had passed all the checkpoints with it (accidently) and made it into the plane.

It happens. I travelled from Thailand and around Europe in three countries before upon return trip in Helsinki they took away the scissors I had been hauling (apparently 1cm too long).

If somebody really wants to get items on board I doubt any of these measures help at all. They do however cause a lot of inconvenience, especially the strange taking off the shoes ritual at swampy. Don't know how many times I've mooned the line behind me when my belt was still on the conveyor and I was bending to get my shoes on. Blame the authoritaaaaahhhh.

56 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Poor translation is absolutely no excuse for ambiguity in aviation. The language of aviation world wide is English, both written and spoken.  if they can't get someone to do it correctly, then they should be black marked as a risk country.  Pathetic really.  

This is the press though. I think the failure in accuracy falls on the reporter rather than the AA. Rules and regs make poor news, so they jazz it up a bit and throw accuracy to the wind.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm not sure about that... The above "ban" -- which isn't really a "ban" because the article appears to say items under 100 ml are still allowed -- appears to target liquid and semi-liquid items. And I don't see any mention of SOLID food items there like cheese.  But who knows!

Wife just phoned to ask and yes, solid foods like my cheese & bread I carry and NOT allowed  ????

15 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

Wife just phoned to ask and yes, solid foods like my cheese & bread I carry and NOT allowed  ????

Now you know how us "Stew eaters" feel - banned! all the years I have been carrying a flask of hearty stew with me are now just memories ???? 

Many on here are saying this is just a minor extension of existing rules, but if the headline is correct containers over 100ml are banned from the airport not just hand luggage. If the headline is accurate carrying stuff like sunscreen in your suitcase will no longer be allowed.

Some clarification needed here, as usual nothing is clear, more detail required.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

And we all have to thank the Islamic terrorist for that, who made traveling a pain in the ass with all the security scrutinise time consuming and the billions that it costs the airlines which we the travelers ultimately pay for... 

And more than a bit of an over-reaction considering that 3,000 people died on 9/11, nobody has ever died in an terrorism-related air incident in Thailand (as far as I know), but about 23,000 people die on Thai roads each year. Makes you wonder where attention and resources should really be directed...

From the attached article.

"Compliance with the rules for the search for liquid gels, spray that will be brought on an aircraft cabin or taken into a restricted area of a public airport."

The restricted area of an airport is after check in of hold baggage. Therefore I would say that hold baggage is exempt.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

All items must be under 100 milliliters or they cannot come into passenger areas or be carried on planes.

This was in place at all British airports 15 years ago... I guess Thailand had to catch up some time.

Anything over 100ml in liquid or paste form was banned going through passenger search areas.

However anything bought from "airside in duty free or restaurants ect were allowed on-board as they were delivered via bonded sources!

Ripstanley, thanks for that . So maybe the headline is a bit misleading and the new rule is not much different to the rules already in place.

To be honest I have always wondered why you are allowed to put larger quantities of liquid or gel in checked in baggage ,it's still on the plane.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Islamic Terrorist ? Wouldn’t be if they had no oil. Governments need an enemy to mobilise fools. 

3 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

I have carried frozen food e.g. cheese, curries etc on domestic flights many times - now seems even that is stopped  ????

I have never had a problem traveling with food, even in my carry on. I sometimes bring back 20 lbs of goat cheese, 10 lbs of chocolate, etc, in my carry one, to keep it cool. 

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Gotta be a fake pic.

Never seen departure immigration so empty.

Ever.

i think you are just making a joke but if you/anyone is interested, this looks like DMK domestic departures (terminal 2) - the line before you hit security check.  domestic travel is excellent !!!

Archived