Liquids, gels, sprays and food banned from Thai airports and airplanes from yesterday

webfact

3 hours ago, Youlike said:

Few weeks ago i departed from Swampy...in the plane i checked my bag again and found a full bottle of water that i had forgotten.

I had passed all the checkpoints with it (accidently) and made it into the plane.

Same thing happened to me in Dubai 2 years ago - transiting, put my rucksack with a full bottle of water in the outside, visible pocket through the scanner -  no-one said a word but I was quite shocked when I realised as I'd forgotten about the water being there. So this year I did the same thing "accidentally on purpose" - still went through without a murmur. Make what you like of that!

By the way, this whole 100ml per bottle thing is such terribly bad science that if it wasn't so damn inconvenient, I'd laugh every time it was mentioned!!!  Just think it over and anyone with a brain cell can see why its totally ineffective - especially if the "bad guys" travel with friends!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Well if you have to thank somebody ? make it the USA !!! they are the ones that destabilized the Middle east by unnecessary and illegal wars based upon lies !!!

Absolutely, as an American, Pat is 100% correct. Unfortunately, my countrymen seem ready to start a whole new chapter with Iran at the first chance they get. I think I will move to Thailand and not tell anyone I am American.

5 minutes ago, Time to grow said:

Absolutely, as an American, Pat is 100% correct. Unfortunately, my countrymen seem ready to start a whole new chapter with Iran at the first chance they get. I think I will move to Thailand and not tell anyone I am American.

With all Due respect, I saw Lot's of Americans traveling in SE Asia having a Canadian flag on there backpacks during the Gulf Wars !!!

6 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Until you open your mouth - the accent will be a dead give away

Probably only to other Americans - a very good American friend of mine used to tell people he was Canadian (this was at the time of one of the Gulf wars). I'm a Brit who lived in the USA for a while,  and I could hear the difference but many people accepted him at face value.

Oops - cross-posted there with @off road pat

Hmm. I always fly basic. Had to go back to Europe (Dusseldorf) last Thursday. Need to check at hospital in Antwerp this Tuesday.

As I always fly basic (no luggage) I always take my "own" trip food. 2 sandwiches at least, 4 bottled drinks (soft and beer), a take out warm meal and snacks.

I always buy at the king his own store. Same this last Thurday. No issue. Many people do. Maybe they check at security after check-in. After passport check the passengers are under responsibility of the airline company. They not bother. r not even have time to check what you bring in.

OhI go back July 3.

Interesting and, no doubt, confusing. A few days ago, whilst waiting to collect my baggage in the International Arrivals Hall at Khon Kaen Airport, I noticed a large new poster board displaying photos of all the different types of food products that could not be brought into Thailand via "Fly-Thru" from a FOREIGN airport. There was no such poster board in Domestic Arrivals. Many of the banned products were foreign processed meat. 

5 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Interesting and, no doubt, confusing. A few days ago, whilst waiting to collect my baggage in the International Arrivals Hall at Khon Kaen Airport, I noticed a large new poster board displaying photos of all the different types of food products that could not be brought into Thailand via "Fly-Thru" from a FOREIGN airport. There was no such poster board in Domestic Arrivals. Many of the banned products were foreign processed meat. 

With respect I think that's :offtopic2: though. I know that Australia in particular has very strict rules about importing foodstuffs (meat or plant based) so maybe what you're reporting is the Thai version of THAT.

However, this thread appears to simply discuss a new take on the liquid in hand-carry ban that most of the world is already enforcing to a greater or lesser degree.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

And we all have to thank the Islamic terrorist for that, who made traveling a pain in the ass with all the security scrutinise time consuming and the billions that it costs the airlines which we the travelers ultimately pay for... 

I have NEVER heard/read about any terrorist who had "Water, drinks, soup, syrup, jam, stew, sauce, nam prik, foods in sauce, creams, lotions, cosmetics, oil, perfume, toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel, spray, foam, mascara, lipstick and lip balm" with him/her to do harm to anyone....
This is clearly dictated from our global 'watchdog' usa, who thrives on the policy of fear!

3 minutes ago, JulesMad said:

I have NEVER heard/read about any terrorist who had "Water, drinks, soup, syrup, jam, stew, sauce, nam prik, foods in sauce, creams, lotions, cosmetics, oil, perfume, toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel, spray, foam, mascara, lipstick and lip balm" with him/her to do harm to anyone....
This is clearly dictated from our global 'watchdog' usa, who thrives on the policy of fear!

here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_transatlantic_aircraft_plot

6 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

In other news, there's now a smoking room at London Heathrow T2, whilst Thailand bans smoking in all airports!

You're not seriously suggesting that Heathrow has got it right and Thailand's smoking ban decision is somehow not a good one, are you?

6 hours ago, thedemon said:

Yes right, for all international flights and at some domestic airports it has been the case for years.

This story is just saying that now it will be enforced at all airports.

That's not just the story, additional items have been added to the list.

"All items must be under 100 milliliters or they cannot come into passenger areas or be carried on planes."

Huh? I've been organizing my carry-on stuff like that since many years already. There have also been signs saying this at Thai airports since many years. How on Earth is this news?

6 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

It ain't actually flying that I don't like, it's that they seem to do everything they can to make passing through airports as miserable an experience as possible!☹️

"Passengers will be able to carry liquids and laptops through security at Heathrow inside their hand luggage after new security scanners are installed".

In other news, there's now a smoking room at London Heathrow T2, whilst Thailand bans smoking in all airports!

One day Thailand will catch up with the rest of the world. I can't place a date, but I very much doubt I will be around.

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

"All items must be under 100 milliliters or they cannot come into passenger areas or be carried on planes."

Huh? I've been organizing my carry-on stuff like that since many years already. There have also been signs saying this at Thai airports since many years. How on Earth is this news?

The news in my opinion is that this is now extended to checked in baggage as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Simply crazy!

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Nobody has been treated fairer than the so called Palestinians. They were offered 80% of the land and the Jews 20%, by the Brits in the 30's-they turned it down. They were offered 50% of the land by the UN when the creation of Israel was carried out- they refused again. Instead 5 Arab armies attacked Israel but of course were beaten just as they were in 1967. Since then two more offers of a two state solution to the Palestinians and the return by Israel of Sinai and Gaza, yet only more attacks from the Palestinians. Their idea of fairness is the elimination of Israel, that is not going to happen, in all fairness.

If I took your wallet and offered to return 80% of the cash in it whilst I kept 20%, would you accept?

There is an overwhelming global consensus as to who is in the wrong in regards to the Israel / Palestine conflict.

The current situation is so grossly unfair and unjust, it is the leading recruitment driver for Islamic terrorist groups.

Resolving the situation between Israel and Palestine is the most significant thing that can be done to reduce Islamic terrorism and thus return our "carrying liquids on planes" privelages.

Without unquestioned US support, both financial and military aid, Israel won't win too many wars.

The century of US unilateralism is coming to an end. 

It is in Israel's own best interest to seek a long term resolution.

(If you ever want to carry your toothpaste on a plane again, it's in your best interest too.)

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Poor translation is absolutely no excuse for ambiguity in aviation. The language of aviation world wide is English, both written and spoken.  if they can't get someone to do it correctly, then they should be black marked as a risk country.  Pathetic really.  

The languages of notices posted at airports directed to passengers is not mandated to be English worldwide.  Enforcement of English as the international language of aviation applies to flight crews and air traffic controllers.

5 hours ago, The Stranger said:

Sanook is not a reliable source, I took a look to the official aot website...and everything is more or less like before: one can board liquids, but they must not exceed the limit of 100ml, and anyway not exceeding the total allowance of 1000ml

"Sanook is not a reliable source"

Really?  Strange, because that's exactly what the OP said and that was from 'Sanook'

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

And we all have to thank the Islamic terrorist for that, who made traveling a pain in the ass with all the security scrutinise time consuming and the billions that it costs the airlines which we the travelers ultimately pay for... 

No. We can thank the US and all those countries that follow their lead. All countries are on a US leash now. They created this enviornment of fear. It's a money making scheme keeping the populous under pressure and in fear. Dangerous products like jam and water banned??? Makes absolute sense. 9/11 was proved to be a false flag event to create this enviornment. We are living in the world of George Orwell' 1984. Sheep! Mere sheep!

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Your wrong - it was not the Islamic terrorists it was the Christian and Jewish terrorists my friend along with the intelligence agencies and banksters - wake up and read. Turn off your idiot box and use newspapers only for the appropriate cleaning purposes.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

"Islamic Terrorists"...Israel and Secret Societies are not islamic.

Thank them for  these Rules ' to enforce control over the world, and help build their NWO.

Take a step back and look at the big picture...World Control.

2 minutes ago, M71 said:

Your wrong - it was not the Islamic terrorists it was the Christian and Jewish terrorists my friend along with the intelligence agencies and banksters - wake up and read. Turn off your idiot box and use newspapers only for the appropriate cleaning purposes.

Not Christians..Christian Zionists. Big difference.

Archived