Jump to content

Liquids, gels, sprays and food banned from Thai airports and airplanes from yesterday


webfact

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Youlike said:

Few weeks ago i departed from Swampy...in the plane i checked my bag again and found a full bottle of water that i had forgotten.

 

I had passed all the checkpoints with it (accidently) and made it into the plane.

Same thing happened to me in Dubai 2 years ago - transiting, put my rucksack with a full bottle of water in the outside, visible pocket through the scanner -  no-one said a word but I was quite shocked when I realised as I'd forgotten about the water being there. So this year I did the same thing "accidentally on purpose" - still went through without a murmur. Make what you like of that!

 

By the way, this whole 100ml per bottle thing is such terribly bad science that if it wasn't so damn inconvenient, I'd laugh every time it was mentioned!!!  Just think it over and anyone with a brain cell can see why its totally ineffective - especially if the "bad guys" travel with friends!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Well if you have to thank somebody ? make it the USA !!! they are the ones that destabilized the Middle east by unnecessary and illegal wars based upon lies !!!

Absolutely, as an American, Pat is 100% correct. Unfortunately, my countrymen seem ready to start a whole new chapter with Iran at the first chance they get. I think I will move to Thailand and not tell anyone I am American.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Time to grow said:

Absolutely, as an American, Pat is 100% correct. Unfortunately, my countrymen seem ready to start a whole new chapter with Iran at the first chance they get. I think I will move to Thailand and not tell anyone I am American.

With all Due respect, I saw Lot's of Americans traveling in SE Asia having a Canadian flag on there backpacks during the Gulf Wars !!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Until you open your mouth - the accent will be a dead give away

Probably only to other Americans - a very good American friend of mine used to tell people he was Canadian (this was at the time of one of the Gulf wars). I'm a Brit who lived in the USA for a while,  and I could hear the difference but many people accepted him at face value.

Oops - cross-posted there with @off road pat

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. I always fly basic. Had to go back to Europe (Dusseldorf) last Thursday. Need to check at hospital in Antwerp this Tuesday.

As I always fly basic (no luggage) I always take my "own" trip food. 2 sandwiches at least, 4 bottled drinks (soft and beer), a take out warm meal and snacks.

I always buy at the king his own store. Same this last Thurday. No issue. Many people do. Maybe they check at security after check-in. After passport check the passengers are under responsibility of the airline company. They not bother. r not even have time to check what you bring in.

 

OhI go back July 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting and, no doubt, confusing. A few days ago, whilst waiting to collect my baggage in the International Arrivals Hall at Khon Kaen Airport, I noticed a large new poster board displaying photos of all the different types of food products that could not be brought into Thailand via "Fly-Thru" from a FOREIGN airport. There was no such poster board in Domestic Arrivals. Many of the banned products were foreign processed meat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Interesting and, no doubt, confusing. A few days ago, whilst waiting to collect my baggage in the International Arrivals Hall at Khon Kaen Airport, I noticed a large new poster board displaying photos of all the different types of food products that could not be brought into Thailand via "Fly-Thru" from a FOREIGN airport. There was no such poster board in Domestic Arrivals. Many of the banned products were foreign processed meat. 

With respect I think that's :offtopic2: though. I know that Australia in particular has very strict rules about importing foodstuffs (meat or plant based) so maybe what you're reporting is the Thai version of THAT.

 

However, this thread appears to simply discuss a new take on the liquid in hand-carry ban that most of the world is already enforcing to a greater or lesser degree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ezzra said:

And we all have to thank the Islamic terrorist for that, who made traveling a pain in the ass with all the security scrutinise time consuming and the billions that it costs the airlines which we the travelers ultimately pay for... 

I have NEVER heard/read about any terrorist who had "Water, drinks, soup, syrup, jam, stew, sauce, nam prik, foods in sauce, creams, lotions, cosmetics, oil, perfume, toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel, spray, foam, mascara, lipstick and lip balm" with him/her to do harm to anyone....
This is clearly dictated from our global 'watchdog' usa, who thrives on the policy of fear!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JulesMad said:

I have NEVER heard/read about any terrorist who had "Water, drinks, soup, syrup, jam, stew, sauce, nam prik, foods in sauce, creams, lotions, cosmetics, oil, perfume, toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel, spray, foam, mascara, lipstick and lip balm" with him/her to do harm to anyone....
This is clearly dictated from our global 'watchdog' usa, who thrives on the policy of fear!

here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_transatlantic_aircraft_plot

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

In other news, there's now a smoking room at London Heathrow T2, whilst Thailand bans smoking in all airports!

You're not seriously suggesting that Heathrow has got it right and Thailand's smoking ban decision is somehow not a good one, are you?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...