Liquids, gels, sprays and food banned from Thai airports and airplanes from yesterday

webfact

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

And we all have to thank the Islamic terrorist for that, who made traveling a pain in the ass with all the security scrutinise time consuming and the billions that it costs the airlines which we the travelers ultimately pay for... 

Not true... There have been 44 cases of bombs being planted on Airliners in the history of flying, the first 33 did not involve Palestinians, Al Qaeda or ISIS. Most attacks were by Americans, Russians and assasination attempts by non-muslims. One bombing was attributed to a CIA assasination. The worst loss of life of 331 pasengers was carried out by a Sikh. The use of Liquid explosives as a bomb was started by the North Koreans who successfully brought down Korean Air Flight 858, killing 115 people. For that reason tighter security was introduced looking for liquids and other methods to conceal bombs. In the UK, since the 1972 Aldershot bombing by the U.S. funded IRA terrorists, passengers were already subject to ever increasing checks. The Lockerbie bombing of a TWA flight was carried out by the Libyans who were supplying the IRA with weapons and bomb making materials, financed by the U.S. The few attempts by Al Qaeda to get liquid bombs on planes have been thwarted outside of Russia, who need to increase their screening. 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/24/2019 at 10:33 AM, canopus1969 said:

I have carried frozen food e.g. cheese, curries etc on domestic flights many times - now seems even that is stopped  ????

Surely one can put it in checked baggage to be put in the hold.

2 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Surely one can put it in checked baggage to be put in the hold.

I think so... 240+ responses because a handful take poorly edited translations of the news al little too literally....

I don't think there are no real changes to what we are used to flying internationally. It's just that that Thai FAA have agreed to enforce these regulations on domestic flights (all public flights).

So this doesn't really impact anyone. The Check In Luggage regulations remain the same and if you want to carry 500ml shampoo etc, its ok in your check in luggage, but in your hand luggage it has to be less than 100ml (for Gels and liquids).

If the airlines are realle worried about security they should have an oversized Boris after the security check to check if you know martial arts. Only those beaten to pulp would be allowed in plane, 

Not much more inconvenient than the current systems. I prefer trains.

On 6/24/2019 at 12:07 PM, NanLaew said:

Hopefully it will make the already way overrated Changi as reviled as any other bus stop for aeroplanes.

Queue the "if you don't like it here..." posts.

????

On 6/24/2019 at 10:29 AM, spidermike007 said:

Presumably this only applies to outgoing, and not incoming flights. Since specialties are so overpriced here, more than likely most of us would be bringing in special cheeses, chocolates, and other delicacies that only the Shinawatras and other billionaires here can afford.

So, maybe this is just a big nothing. 

Not so sure about that... Arrived at Swampy yesterday, New large poster before customs = NO meats, etc., etc. allowed into TH...

On 6/24/2019 at 10:24 AM, ezzra said:

And we all have to thank the Islamic terrorist for that, who made traveling a pain in the ass with all the security scrutinise time consuming and the billions that it costs the airlines which we the travelers ultimately pay for... 

I think you mean we have the American government to thank for difficulties when traveling by air. 

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

<snip<

The Check In Luggage regulations remain the same and if you want to carry 500ml shampoo etc, its ok in your check in luggage, but in your hand luggage it has to be less than 100ml (for Gels and liquids).

To clarify, if rather pedantically ...you could take your 500 ml of shampoo but in 5 separate bottles of 100ml each - and still be allowed to take 5 more of the same or different liquid/gel. (IE....total allowed is 1000ml, single item limit is 100 ml)

On 6/24/2019 at 8:22 AM, Bipolar said:

Soon, u have to strip down and be in the nude to travel to the airport and take a flight....getting more and more stupid day by day

Hey I am very well endowed and I mean very well but if they think I am going to strip down and risk all those freaking ladyboys queuing up to try it out they can think again, now ladies we’ll that is a different matter. 555, 555

wishful thinking

I have been taking a lot of chocolate in my hand luggage 4 or 5 time each year for about 8 years now with no problem on Thai International or Thaismile and EVA, so does this mean I can not do it now?

On 6/24/2019 at 12:56 PM, NanLaew said:

AFAIK, apart from when United used to service BKK-NRT with their own aircraft, along with flights to Australia, these were the only ones that had a 'top-of-the-stairs' hand-carry bag check where water bottles had to be dumped. Buying bottled water on departures to take on the plane is generally permitted, no? I usually grab one from the fridge in the lounge before heading to the gate.

If you mean that it has slipped by the initial per-immigration security checks, then yes, someone wasn't paying attention.

I dislike AMS where they restrict the water that can be taken onboard; even if it has been purchased air-side. Since KLM like many others, hand out those pathetic, tear-off top plastic cups of drinking water, I always liked to bring my own. Last time they allowed me a maximum of 3 x 300 ml water bottles bought in departures.

Carry one or more empty water bottles and fill them from water fountains. Avoid all the frustration against this pointless paranoia.

This is crazy .. or ... late.

Thai government official are NUTs as always.

They will make it easy for themselves and passengers have to do more work.

OK ... they are lacking behind international rules for years.

Those liquids are banned for years on international flights.

But many Thais are flying more to others provinces and ....

... they'll bring many foods with them for eating on the plane.

The big reason is ... Food Price at both Bangkok Airports are very expensive indeed.

Compare to others Asian Airports BKK is more expensive than everybody.

Much higher than every US Airports if calculate with income will be 200 - 300% higher.

When the Japanese Reporter complaint and wrote the article on Newspaper.

Thai PM goes nuts and order to fix it right away ... BUT the price still HIGH ...!!!

If food price at BKK Airports 25% - 50%  as Thai PM said its should be.

The passengers would not carry foods inside the gates.

.... Another thing ... BKK Airport merchants are goofy to refuse Credit Card payment.

Some want charge for 500 b + .... what a stupid idea.

The travelers don't want to run to currency exchange hectic.

So pay with credit card is the best way for buyer and seller.

But goofy Thai merchants are too stupid too understand the benefit of credit card.

Thailand want to be a center of Asian Tourist but have goofy people run the Airport.

Thai Government must force every stores in every airport accept credit card

with NO exceptions ... period ......!!! 

On 6/24/2019 at 5:24 AM, ezzra said:

It is the US goverment who is a terrorist organisation. They want to check everything. Or do you believe real terrorist have no other targets then to blow up an airoplain?? It is a made up story about Islamic terrorists.

7 hours ago, Thungrat said:

It is the US goverment who is a terrorist organisation. They want to check everything. Or do you believe real terrorist have no other targets then to blow up an airoplain?? It is a made up story about Islamic terrorists.

So the 9/11 hijackings and the UK-born Islamic shoe bomber and the various others are all just made-up stories the government has forced the news media to falsely report?? :wacko:

Archived