"Airport mafia" set to be hit as Fast Track scheme stopped at Bangkok's main airport

webfact

the VFS Global Group    just  needs  to  get  their fellow  capitalists  to make it legal, 

no need to mingle with the non-double special VIP gold   riff-raffs .......

VFS Global Group      say no more  nudge nudge

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came in on Qatar today. Despite my silver status the Qatar lady told me I wasn’t entitled to fast track. I thought it was down to the airline who they gave passes to? Both immigrations halls were jammed. Walked to fast track, showed old gold card to lady on the door who then waved me thru. Love the system.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 6/24/2019 at 5:25 AM, ganegon said:

I have been speaking with people of https://www.limousine.in.th/ because of this news and they told me that this service is still available to economy passengers. They say that they don’t use the kind of coupons that appear on the news. I don’t know what to believe

I tried to use them in April and they sent me an email saying that their services had been suspended (temporarily).  I have used them in the past and was happy to pay 1000 baht to avoid standing in line (with my bad back and bad knees) behind 1000 rude, pushy Chinese citizens.

Are they back up and running now for sure?  Anybody used them recently?

34 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Came in on Qatar today. Despite my silver status the Qatar lady told me I wasn’t entitled to fast track. I thought it was down to the airline who they gave passes to? Both immigrations halls were jammed. Walked to fast track, showed old gold card to lady on the door who then waved me thru. Love the system.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Just leaving on gulf. The business checkin lady said it's a new rules now. They dont hand out priority passes anymore instead at the priority door they check boarding passes for travel class.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:02 PM, mercman24 said:

agree on the iarport taxi mafia, did not one have to buy a *queue* ticket, at BKK, probably all airports, those of us in the know went to the top floor and caught a taxi going back empty, they even put a turnstile gate to stop this, (easy overcome)

There is no buying a queue ticket. It is at a number of machines. hit the screen, wait and your taxi rank  number comes out. No mafia involved. Done it dozens of times and never been ripped off yet. Always used the meter - I pay for the motorway charges as an extra, but that's all up front and clearly explained in the taxi. Never, ever had a problem.

If you want to jump the gate on floor 4, departures, then go for it - I can guarantee you will be paying more than the legal rate.

3 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

There is no buying a queue ticket. It is at a number of machines. hit the screen, wait and your taxi rank  number comes out. No mafia involved. Done it dozens of times and never been ripped off yet. Always used the meter - I pay for the motorway charges as an extra, but that's all up front and clearly explained in the taxi. Never, ever had a problem.

If you want to jump the gate on floor 4, departures, then go for it - I can guarantee you will be paying more than the legal rate.

But the Ticket costs you money. They charge extra, that's why all thais and many others just go out on the top floor and get a cab, also way faster...

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:08 PM, ThaiBunny said:

I look forward to an update after 1 July

I can tell you for a fact that Bangkok Airways are most apologetic that they can no longer give their Premium members fast track service as the use to be able to do unless travelling business class since March or so this year. I used to get it when travelling economy (no business class seats on my particular flights) - all stopped since then. Can still get into their premium lounge at gate D7...when the plane usually leaves at C1A....so I'm buggered both ways really? I'm not into the 800m run.

18 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

But the Ticket costs you money. They charge extra, that's why all thais and many others just go out on the top floor and get a cab, also way faster...

Absolute unmitigated nonsense. the tickets cost zero, zilch, nothing. Its a machine for gods sake. Push the screen and you get a ticket....the same as DMK except at DMK they often have a lady giving you a FREE ticket from the machine.

Very rare to see anyone go to floor 4, least of all Thais to get a cab.

Gee I guess I'll have to take some photos in a few weeks after I leave and return at Swampy.

Anybody? Photos of the non existent ATMs before arrivals? Re-entry permit desk on the right as you come down the elevator after security check? Closed smoking rooms? Finger print scanners coming in and out?

10 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I humbly suggest you have not been to Suvarnabhumi airport for a number of years

26 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Oh and while we are at it, DMK also has 50 THB surcharge.

Oh shit man you get so much free stuff here and we don't 

Yes Thomas, that is exactly correct. It is an airport surcharge. Not uncommon in many places.

It is not the price of the ticket- tickets are free MAN. I can sort of see your point. But as a regular international traveller I have three options at Suvarnabhumi.(only two at DMK -no Airport link there yet)

1 Taxi to lower Sukhumvit. All up on a bad day 400 baht, usually 300 plus a tip. Maybe 1 or up to 2.5 hours on a really bad day

2 Limo service in a Toyota Camry 1200 baht with travel time similar to a taxi dpending on traffic

3 Airport Link and BTS to very close to my hotel for less than 100baht - 45-50 minute usually.

Depending on the time of day, and my mood I have used all three. I prefer the certainty of the Airport link if the flights arrive at a suitable time.

You may choose to pay 500-600 baht to a rip off taxi driver after running across the road on the 4th floor dragging/carrying your bags, jumping the barriers and dodging the security guys to save 50 baht- I'll pass on that thanks.

One other thing Thomas - if 50 baht means so much to you on a very irregular basis then perhaps you need to reassess your financial capacity to live away from your home country in the longer term.

How many times a year/month do you travel through DMK or BKK airports?

Been there - done that.

Nah i don't pay for my airport taxis, Thai Elite uses the BMWs from AOT, thanks for worrying tho.

I merely corrected the wrong information you gave out while doing snarky comments.

Your lame excuses that the paper is free is hilarious, we had a good laugh tho.

“It takes guts and humility to admit mistakes. Admitting we're wrong is courage, not weakness.”

Roy T. Bennett

How many times a year/month do you travel through DMK or BKK airports?

1-4 times a month. Thanks for asking.

3 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Nah i don't pay for my airport taxis, Thai Elite uses the BMWs from AOT, thanks for worrying tho.

I merely corrected the wrong information you gave out while doing snarky comments.

Trust me Thomas....you have paid. Nothing is free in this life.

You have corrected nothing.

27 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I think we all took for a troll.

Archived