Two Patong Tuk Tuk drivers surrender after a shooting in Patong

webfact

Two Patong Tuk Tuk drivers surrender after a shooting in Patong

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__6357062.jpg

Two Tuk Tuk drivers have surrendered after a Patong entertainment staff member was shot and killed early yesterday. Patong police were notified of the incident at 4am Sunday morning in Soi Patong Tower off Taweewong Road (the beach road).

Police and emergency responders arrived to find the body of a man who was identified as 45 year old Panya Kingjampa, a staff member at an entertainment venue. Blood was found on the ground where his body was laying. His body was taken to Patong Hospital. Doctors found bullets in his stomach during the examination.

Last evening two suspects surrendered themselves at the Patong Police Station handing in a handgun at the time. They are facing charges of assault eventuating in death.

The suspects have allegedly told police that they tried to stop Mr Panya from trying to steal property from a tourist. More information when it comes to hand.

S__6357061-300x225.jpg

S__30810212-300x225.jpg

S__30810213-300x225.jpg

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/patong/two-patong-tuk-tuk-drivers-surrender-after-a-shooting-in-patong

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-24

49 minutes ago, webfact said:

They are facing charges of assault eventuating in death.

I really admire the fancy names and titles they have for everything here. For me it´s a plain murder, but that would probably be to simplistic to these overlords of phrases.

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I really admire the fancy names and titles they have for everything here. For me it´s a plain murder, but that would probably be to simplistic to these overlords of phrases.

I believe the difference is primarily intent: murder requires the intent to kill whereas assault eventuating death implies that death was an unintended consequence of the assault.

Of course, hard to imagine that shooting someone twice in the stomach was intended to produce anything other than death.

9 minutes ago, KamnanT said:

I believe the difference is primarily intent: murder requires the intent to kill whereas assault eventuating death implies that death was an unintended consequence of the assault.

Of course, hard to imagine that shooting someone twice in the stomach was intended to produce anything other than death.

Sorry for laughing, but your last sentence was worth paying for.

‘I only shot him to stop the attack’, says Patong tuk-tuk driver

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1561373863_1-org.jpg

Patong Police Chief Col Anotai Jindamanee holds up the gun used to shoot 45-year-old motorbike taxi tout Panya Kingjumpa early yesterday morning (June 23). Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET:-- Patong Police Chief Col Anotai Jindamanee has clarified the series of events that led to the fatal shooting of a man near the Patong beach road early yesterday morning (June 23), giving the confessed shooter’s version of events.

At Patong Police Station, with Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Col Arayapan Pukbuakhao present, along with Sub Lt Wattanachai Klongpradit of the Royal Thai Army 25th Military Circle, based in Phuket, Col Anotai explained that the fight started between Patong tuk-tuk driver Narong “Tum” Dernchuaykit and motorbike taxi tout Panya Kingjumpa, who was shot dead in the fight.

Narong called fellow tuk-tuk driver Chartchai Dumchua to help him as he was being beaten by Panya, and Chartchai brought his gun, Col Anotai said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/i-only-shot-him-to-stop-the-attack-says-patong-tuk-tuk-driver-71902.php#P1pHBRtFJmG0WL8G.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-06-24

6 hours ago, SammyT said:

How reassuring to know random taxi drivers are packing heat for their own protection. Makes me feel way more comfortable

It should be reassuring! You know, Taxi drivers are some of the most dangerous jobs out there... If I ever drive for a taxi company I'll be packing too..

2 hours ago, SanookTeufel said:

It should be reassuring! You know, Taxi drivers are some of the most dangerous jobs out there... If I ever drive for a taxi company I'll be packing too..

Yeah, sure! Why not? Do like everyone else, and break the law.

The suspects have allegedly told police that they tried to stop Mr Panya from trying to steal property from a tourist.

They sorted that one out before they handed themselves in, I suppose that make everything alright 

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The suspects have allegedly told police that they tried to stop Mr Panya from trying to steal property from a tourist.

They sorted that one out before they handed themselves in, I suppose that make everything alright 

Killing someone to prevent a theft from another? You are right. They may have chatted, and in their mind shooting the victim was a logical thing to do.

A lack of education, the understanding of law, small regard for taking of a life, karma stupidity, comic book religion, alcohol, drugs; the combination and possibility of contributing factors are many. 

22 hours ago, Soupdragon said:

Tuk Tuk driver leaving the house to go to work -  "wallet, check, keys, check, 9mm, check."

Yep, spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch + handgun and extra ammo incase I see a kamoy. Only fired a couple of warning shots - into the suspect.

22 hours ago, Matzzon said:

And murder will require an appropriate sentence, these thugs have not surrendered to be locked up for 20 years.

They are the do gooders the defenders of tourists, they can go now.

Archived