Jump to content
BANGKOK 18 July 2019 10:22

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

My non-immigrant O obtained from KL a few months ago expires tomorrrow. I was due to fly out to Ho Chi Minh Ciy tomorrow to get another non-O (multi), but unfortunately I seem to have come down with the flu or simlar bug, so travelling is going to be difficult. Will my immigration office extend my visa due to illness? I'm guessing that they would need a letter from the Doctors if this is an option?

 

I know that most immigration offices will give a 60 day extension for a non-O visa, but unfortunately this is not the case with my office (I have tried before).  They (Si Racha) have their very own interpretation of the regulations!

 

Thank for your help.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can apply for the 60 days in any case and they will provide 7 extra days if not approved (you have to pay the 1,900 baht).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You can apply for the 60 days in any case and they will provide 7 extra days if not approved (you have to pay the 1,900 baht).  

OK. Thanks Lopburi3. And do they need to see a Docs letter confirming the illness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of Dengue fever going around at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JonoM said:

OK. Thanks Lopburi3. And do they need to see a Docs letter confirming the illness?

Not for 60 day or normal extension (even if not allowed).  Do not believe they will accept flu type symptoms letter as reason to extend but you can try if doctor will provide letter you are not fit to travel - you must have made reservations already so would be inclined to try to make the trip and obtain new visa myself - believe HCMC is still quite low key and easy process if you have the paperwork (and USD for fee).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not for 60 day or normal extension (even if not allowed).  Do not believe they will accept flu type symptoms letter as reason to extend but you can try if doctor will provide letter you are not fit to travel - you must have made reservations already so would be inclined to try to make the trip and obtain new visa myself - believe HCMC is still quite low key and easy process if you have the paperwork (and USD for fee).

Flying with a cold especially he should say his ears are blocked. That can easy lead to burst eardrums due to pressure changes ,any doctor will write a no fly letter.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can an extension for medical treatment if you can get a letter from a doctor stating you are unable to travel.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you try to play a game that would be accepted in Western countries, I guess replies above could help. 
What is too ill? Just feeling sick and having a fever does not qualify.

Other than that, man up and get your extension done. Otherwise you will be the one losing anyway (overstay, fines, more papers needed).
What you state about your local immigration sounds weird to me, you can also just go to another office near by.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Lots of Dengue fever going around at the moment

😞 Hope its not that!

34 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not for 60 day or normal extension (even if not allowed).  Do not believe they will accept flu type symptoms letter as reason to extend but you can try if doctor will provide letter you are not fit to travel - you must have made reservations already so would be inclined to try to make the trip and obtain new visa myself - believe HCMC is still quite low key and easy process if you have the paperwork (and USD for fee).

Yep, all booked and paid. Problem is I seem to be getting worse, so dont want to get stuck there!

20 minutes ago, madmen said:

Flying with a cold especially he should say his ears are blocked. That can easy lead to burst eardrums due to pressure changes ,any doctor will write a no fly letter.

Thanks, good point.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can an extension for medical treatment if you can get a letter from a doctor stating you are unable to travel.

OK, might visit the docs tomorrow then.

3 minutes ago, tabarin said:

If you try to play a game that would be accepted in Western countries, I guess replies above could help. 
What is too ill? Just feeling sick and having a fever does not qualify.

Other than that, man up and get your extension done. Otherwise you will be the one losing anyway (overstay, fines, more papers needed).
What you state about your local immigration sounds weird to me, you can also just go to another office near by.

Game! Why would I want to play any games with Thai immigration. I know the consequences, that's why I'm asing for the options available. As far as I know, you can only use your local immigration office, otherwise I'd be more than happy to go elswhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JonoM said:

I seem to have come down with the flu or simlar bug, so travelling is going to be difficult. Will my immigration office extend my visa due to illness? I'm guessing that they would need a letter from the Doctors if this is an option?

I'm guessing that if you're fit enough to travel to Immigration with a cold you're probably fit enough to endure the 1½ flight to HCM!  

 

If you have real influenza, not just "the flu or similar bug", you'd know about it.  Influenza is debilitating, it is not just a cold. 

Edited by Just Weird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tabarin said:

If you try to play a game that would be accepted in Western countries, I guess replies above could help. 
What is too ill? Just feeling sick and having a fever does not qualify.

Other than that, man up and get your extension done. Otherwise you will be the one losing anyway (overstay, fines, more papers needed).
What you state about your local immigration sounds weird to me, you can also just go to another office near by.

Yeah newsflash Ibuprofen and Paracetamol are still availible... No probs...

 

glegolo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Yeah newsflash Ibuprofen and Paracetamol are still availible... No probs...

 

glegolo

Yeah and make everyone else sick on the plane, if you look sick af they won't let you board...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yeah and make everyone else sick on the plane, if you look sick af they won't let you board...

Have you never been anywhere in public when you've had a cold so as never to make anyone else sick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tabarin said:

you can also just go to another office near by.

Incorrect

 

6 hours ago, JonoM said:

you can only use your local immigration office

Correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...