Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 July 2019 07:12
KarlosInBKK

What time to arrive at Chaengwattana Immigration EARLY in the morning? (Non-Imm Ed extension)

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I was there last Friday and got a ticket at 9.25am for a Non-Imm Ed extension and it was already at 280 with 248 people in front of me. I gave up in the end. My bad for going on Friday. I will go very early tomorrow (Tuesday 25 June). My questions:

 

1. What time should I arrive to make sure that I get my extension before midday? 6am? 6.30am? 7am? I have all supporting documents from my school, in case anyone is wondering.

2. I read that there is an early morning ticket system now in place. Is that still the case? Where or who do I get the ticket from?

 

Thank you in advance for any replies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you can get, very early in the morning (6am?) is a queu number that gets you into the office earlier than those without the number. You still have to get another queue number for the second you are going to. I is still a lot of hours because you are arriving hours before the office opens. But if you absolutely have to be out by mid day then that is what I would do.

 

I normally arrive at 8:30 without a number. A 90-day report may take less than an hour. A 1 year extension before noon or shortly after.

 

bring something to do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As has been said there are two number systems. 

 

1 to get your spot in the queue from the lobby into Immigration proper. This number is issued by a person standing by the door from the lobby into the main office. (Make sure you have the forms all completed)

 

So the key question is: What time does he/she start giving out those numbers.  

I'd say 6.30-6.45. Downside is that if too early you still have to wait to get the first number.

As once you have one you can go downstairs for breakfast.

 

There will then be a person at about 30 minutes before the doors open who organises the first conga-line queue based on your number.

 

2 to get your spot in the queue at your designated visa issue Ie. M counters I think for Non Immigrant based on work permit . This number you get at the counter once inside and show them all the stuff. Just tell them Non-Imm Ed extension

Then you walk to the designated area where there is an automated queue system, like a bank.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Martyp said:

What you can get, very early in the morning (6am?) is a queu number that gets you into the office earlier than those without the number. You still have to get another queue number for the second you are going to. I is still a lot of hours because you are arriving hours before the office opens. But if you absolutely have to be out by mid day then that is what I would do.

 

I normally arrive at 8:30 without a number. A 90-day report may take less than an hour. A 1 year extension before noon or shortly after.

 

bring something to do. 

Thank you for your reply, Martyp. Much appreciated 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

As has been said there are two number systems. 

 

1 to get your spot in the queue from the lobby into Immigration proper. This number is issued by a person standing by the door from the lobby into the main office. (Make sure you have the forms all completed)

 

So the key question is: What time does he/she start giving out those numbers. As once you have one you can go downstairs for breakfast.

 

There will then be a person at about 30 minutes before the doors open who organises the first conga-line queue based on your number.

 

2 to get your spot in the queue at your designated visa issue Ie. M I think for business visas.. This number you get at the counter once inside and show them all the stuff. 

Then you walk to the designated area where there is an automated queue system, like a bank.

Thank you for your detailed reply, VocalNeal. Very helpful 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I added 6.30-6.45 but I don't know for sure. 

 

Make sure the forms are filled in otherwise they will not give you a second number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

^ I added 6.30-6.45 but I don't know for sure. 

 

Make sure the forms are filled in otherwise they will not give you a second number.

Thanks again, VocalNeal. All forms filled in, even the Information Form for Foreign National. Not sure if it's needed, but better to have it just in case.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at CW this morn....

 

Arrived about 745 am and got the initial outside queue # of 265 out of 300.

 

I happened to be standing near the farang guy who was #1 in queue today.  Asked him what time he arrived. Answer - 430 am!!! (long before they start actually giving out queue tickets.

 

Heck if I'm gonna do that!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 10:46 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I was at CW this morn....

 

Arrived about 745 am and got the initial outside queue # of 265 out of 300.

 

I happened to be standing near the farang guy who was #1 in queue today.  Asked him what time he arrived. Answer - 430 am!!! (long before they start actually giving out queue tickets.

 

Heck if I'm gonna do that!!!

 

Yeah. My guess is you spend as much or more time at Immigration doing it this way. However, if it is really really important that you finish before noon then it what you probably have to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...