Future Forward determined to end junta’s legacy

webfact

49 minutes ago, baboon said:

But YOU forget that it is 2019.

Don't like the facts or don't know what they are? Simple, make up your own and scream them from the rooftops. When caught out, double down and double down again if need be. As long as you shout loudly enough, it seems to work...

Big diversion...

The constant stupidity of that Forward Forward party is astounding. They actually think they will make a difference and that the voters will forget that they are nothing more than a mouthpiece for Thaksin. Just because their leader has a family who are mega rich that is going is going to be enough to sway voters? Aligning themselves with the Pheu Thai party had to be one one of the dumbest moves any new political party could have made given the amomosity against anything Thaksin.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well, like it our not, his party has won ALL general elections it participated in, the last one they won, even if no single voter could actually vote for them in 100 constituencies! It seems the Thai electorate actually like the bloke.

I do not think they are just a mouthpiece for Thaksin, and their choice to align themselves with PTP to be a perfectly logical choice, as their main aim is to rid Thailand of the highly unpopular Junta. Hardly rocket science...

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Well, like it our not, his party has won ALL general elections it participated in, the last one they won, even if no single voter could actually vote for them in 100 constituencies! It seems the Thai electorate actually like the bloke.

I do not think they are just a mouthpiece for Thaksin, and their choice to align themselves with PTP to be a perfectly logical choice, as their main aim is to rid Thailand of the highly unpopular Junta. Hardly rocket science...

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

I would have much more respect for people if they honestly said (and I have Thai friends who take this line): 'I like dictatorship. I think it gets things done more efficiently. It may smash general human rights - but it can take decisions and actions more quickly than going down the democratic route.' I would profoundly and wholly disagree with this political stance - but at least the proponents of it would be displaying some kind of intellectual honesty.

What I cannot abide is the utter mendacity (or even self-delusion) of persons who think that what we have endured over the last 5 years has been pretty honest, well-intentioned and non-corrupt governance.

I simply don't know how to begin to argue with such people. It is like all of us looking at an ugly toad right before our eyes, and one person among us insisting that it really is a beautiful, gorgeous, shimmering, scintillating bird of Paradise. What can one say? We will either conclude that that person is wholly deluded, afflicted with psychiatric levels of cognitive dissonance - or else is a self-interested, shameless liar!

Just now, Eligius said:

I would have much more respect for people if they honestly said (and I have Thai friends who take this line): 'I like dictatorship. I think it gets things done more efficiently. It may smash general human rights - but it can take decisions and actions more quickly than going down the democratic route.' I would profoundly and wholly disagree with this political stance - but at least the proponents of it would be displaying some kind of intellectual honesty.

What I cannot abide is the utter mendacity (or even self-delusion) of persons who think that what we have endured over the last 5 years has been pretty honest, well-intentioned and non-corrupt governance.

I simply don't know how to begin to argue with such people. It is like all of us looking at an ugly toad right before our eyes, and one person among us insisting that it really is a beautiful, gorgeous, shimmering, scintillating bird of Paradise. What can one say? We will either conclude that that person is wholly deluded, afflicted with psychiatric levels of cognitive dissonance - or else is a self-interested, shameless liar!

To be honest with you, even the argument that things get done more quickly has been profoundly debunked. There isn't a single advantage. 

20 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

To be honest with you, even the argument that things get done more quickly has been profoundly debunked. There isn't a single advantage. 

Of course I agree with you, my friend. But I would at least have a modicum of respect for people who openly called themselves what they are: advocates of d.....

It is all the convoluted twisting of facts and flagrant distortions of blatant reality, as well as the moral cowardice not to admit to what they are and support, that really gets my goat!

Archived