Big Joke will NOT be returning to Royal Thai Police: DPM Prawit

webfact

Big Joke will NOT be returning to Royal Thai Police: DPM Prawit

pol.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon dismissed claims that former Immigration chief Surachate Hakparn was set for a return to the Royal Thai Police.

Last week multiple Thai news outlets reported that Hakparn, aka Big Joke, was set for a sensational return and was about to be appointed to a senior position with the police force.

However, speaking to reporters on Monday, DPM Prawit said that Big Joke will not be returning to the police and that his career in the police force is over.

In April, Big Joke was abruptly removed from his position as immigration chief and transferred to a civilian role as a special adviser within the Prime Minister's Office.

Reasons for his removal from Immigration are still not known.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-24

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

No transparency then, why aren't the public being told why they sacked him?, they have a right to know as they pay for this circus .

I dont know why but I read that as "Ah damn, I'll implode if I don't find out.' ????

I'm not sure whether to attribute this weirdness to spineless journalists, or if there's something being indirectly communicated by K.Prawit.

It's one level of opaque to say to say "Regarding K.Surachate, I'm not taking any questions, and I have no comment."

It's a whole different kettle of opaqueness *to comment on how certain it is that the guy is no longer allowed to continue his career*  yet not be the least bit forthcoming with even ostensible reasons.

It comes off as arrogant in the extreme, but I might be misreading it.

Reckon he was creaming off money and not passing it up,or not passing enough up,would not be the first,also he was getting to big for his boots,and i hear the immigration service loathed him and his no more tips,was in immigation a few months back had to pay two tips,despite the big sign NO TIPS,come on is Thailand the worlds no1 in lies.

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well after that statement, it appears Big Joke has certainly upset Ole Fatty, oh dear.????

That must be more like mission impossible - to upset Old Fatty - his centre of gravity must be very low.

However, speaking to reporters on Monday, DPM Prawit said that he'd bet three Rolex's that Big Joke will not be returning to the police and that his career in the police force is over.

What? No more outlaw wars? We'll truly miss you. Mr. Joke. 

14 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

However, speaking to reporters on Monday, DPM Prawit said that he'd bet three Rolex's that Big Joke will not be returning to the police and that his career in the police force is over.

What? No more outlaw wars? We'll truly miss you. Mr. Joke.    

If Big Joke's gone for good, then there's nowt to stop Old Fatty adapting the old phrase Big Joke liked:

Good guys in, bad guys out - can now become: dead friend's Rolex in, crap copies out

9 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

That must be more like mission impossible - to upset Old Fatty - his centre of gravity must be very low.

Reposition the  wallets worked well for me , in the good ole days.

Now they are almost empty .

BJ. aint convinced he is completely finished, yet..

23 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Reckon he was creaming off money and not passing it up,or not passing enough up,would not be the first,also he was getting to big for his boots,and i hear the immigration service loathed him and his no more tips,was in immigation a few months back had to pay two tips,despite the big sign NO TIPS,come on is Thailand the worlds no1 in lies.

There you are, I knew some very connected poster would be along with the real reasons before long! 

Is that what is called the "small print" or were you just whispering in our ears when you typed it because we're not supposed to tell anyone what you said? 

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

No transparency then, why aren't the public being told why they sacked him?, they have a right to know as they pay for this circus .

What! Rights for the people? They were abolished at the same time Section44 was introduced.

I am thinking because of his devilish and somewhat intuitive style, he will head a new elite Special Investigations unit, to undermine subversive intent towards the Junta.

Watch this space. 

Only joking, but who knows.

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Obviously on a "need to know" basis.....and....you....I....and the rest of the Kingdom obviously don't need to know....lol

He wasn't sacked, moved sideways in PM office as advisor, WATCHING the situation

58 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

What! Rights for the people? They were abolished at the same time Section44 was introduced.

There were never rights for the people. Only rights for the rich.

And section 44 just brought it  to the daylight more clearly.

4 hours ago, davehowden said:

He's upset somebody a damn lot higher than Old Fatty !

Who,s wife/daughter,  would that be ?. 

Could not make that one up, matey. 555

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

He wasn't sacked, moved sideways in PM office as advisor, WATCHING the situation

What government is transparent?   

Is B J off to work as a city boy with that pinstriped suit on .. 

And the portly one looks like he's had a good shake of the Back the Black hairdye bottle again .. someone should tell him he's not sprinkling vinegar on the chips .. 

Archived