Big Joke will NOT be returning to Royal Thai Police: DPM Prawit

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

The worst thing he did was rounding up African boys and girls who only a want to better their life and want to participate in Thai prosperity and the work they were engaged in is not classifieds as for "Thai only"

Would that be prostitution ...

7 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

This is very sad news.  I really enjoyed having a big joke who is actually named Big Joke as a high-ranking functionary in the RTP. 

Whereas most of them in the RTP could be considered as dis-functionary.

16 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Reckon he was creaming off money and not passing it up,or not passing enough up,would not be the first,also he was getting to big for his boots,and i hear the immigration service loathed him and his no more tips,was in immigation a few months back had to pay two tips,despite the big sign NO TIPS,come on is Thailand the worlds no1 in lies.

Or..... maybe he wasn't creaming off money (I know, sounds alternative universe sort of concept). It's one thing to take a bit too much of the pie: at least you are in the game and be brought into line if need be. But to not play at all and shut the valve on the pipeline.... gotta go

2 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Or..... maybe he wasn't creaming off money (I know, sounds alternative universe sort of concept). It's one thing to take a bit too much of the pie: at least you are in the game and be brought into line if need be. But to not play at all and shut the valve on the pipeline.... gotta go

People don't get to the top here by being honest and having integrity. 

17 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Guess his "anti-corruption" approach became sensitive??? ????????????????????????????

Exactly, sore toes in the immigration office.

Guess they did not want a pay cut.

BJ was actually doing some good work and wanted to simplify visas for expats.

However the new financing requirements may not have been liked by immigration agents.

4 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I could be wrong, but I still think he is being groomed for a high position, but perhaps in politics?

Right. He was promoted as a hero and then demoted to a zero. 

Fantastic grooming. 

17 hours ago, seminomadic said:

It comes off as arrogant in the extreme, but I might be misreading it.

So what? Isn't everything about this leadership group arrogant?

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well after that statement, it appears Big Joke has certainly upset Ole Fatty, oh dear.????

Well, perhaps he was not 'watching' what was going on under someone's else's 'watch' when someone 'watching' the news noticed he was wearing an expensive 'watch'. That's 'watch', sorry what, upset Ole Fatty!! 5555

15 hours ago, davehowden said:

He's upset somebody a damn lot higher than Old Fatty !

Yes, I have it from a pretty reliable source that the Fickle Finger of Fate was pointed at BJ from the very top of the Thai food chain.

Just now, malt25 said:

Yes, I have it from a pretty reliable source that the Fickle Finger of Fate was pointed at BJ from the very top of the Thai food chain.

If it was from the top of the food chain, wouldn't that be the Fickle Finger of Pâté?

18 hours ago, webfact said:

n April, Big Joke was abruptly removed from his position as immigration chief and transferred to a civilian role as a special adviser within the Prime Minister's Office.

Reasons for his removal from Immigration are still not known.

All this chatter about the Big BJ being honest and fighting corruption is nonsense. You do…not…become a Thai general officer by being honest. Impossible. They are mutually exclusive concepts.  

Anyway…a traditional Thai (they’ve really refined passive/aggressive) way to attack someone is to go after members of their ‘patronage’ group. And the Big BJ was perhaps Prawit’s most loyal lackey and his favorite ‘golden boy’. So to take him out is a very clear strike on the fat man's power structure

Although obscured by an unusual amount of smoke and mirrors…this whole Big BJ drama is most likely some sort of smack down on Prawit.

Maybe one day it will emerge…maybe not.

17 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

No transparency then, why aren't the public being told why they sacked him?, they have a right to know as they pay for this circus .

If they told the public, either :

- He did something bad: the public would then ask why he became a "special advisor".

- He did something good: the public would then ask why he was the one being removed.

Instead they keep the story at "he was transferred"

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If it was from the top of the food chain, wouldn't that be the Fickle Finger of Pâté?

I usually use a knife to put tha pate on my cracker !

I think two names that we occasionally see in the news are going to become mainstream news in the future. One in political news, maybe both.

May I have the envelope please.

1) Big Joke

2) Thanathorn

4 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

{snipped}

Although obscured by an unusual amount of smoke and mirrors…this whole Big BJ drama is most likely some sort of smack down on Prawit.

I'd have thought there's a pretty long queue for that opportunity. After all, he's keen on offering it to female journalists.

1 minute ago, murraynz said:

its all more hillarious, than the ongoing Trump comedy.....same same....

Not necessarily "more hilarious" IMO but both are equally hilarious.

East meets West.

Archived