Team,

I have a non-immigrant visa with multi entry stamp. One year that expires on 9th of July. I have over 800,000Bt

in the bank and it will have been in for 60 days on July 18. 9 days after my July 9th visa expire date. I went to the Kanchanaburi Immigration office. I told them I was going to the Philippines to work for 40 days. The Immigration lady said to go to the Thai Embassy and get a 60 day Non- Immigrant extension on my current visa and then come back in and on July 18 reapply for my Non-Immigrant visa that I have had for past 4 years. Always used an agent out of Chonburi before. No prior overstays or any violations. Today when I went to the Thai Embassy in Manila I was told no Non-Immigrant extensions granted. When I ask for a possibility for tourist visa she said I needed a Medicial Certificate also. I had all the required paperwork but was 9 days short on my 800,000Bt requirement. What should I do? Will immigration let me back in country with say 10-12 days left?

Im so frustrated.

No embassy or consulate can do an extension. Only a immigration office can do one.

I am sure immigration meant for you to get a single entry tourist visa that allows a 60 day entry and then apply for a new non immigrant visa (category O).

Not sure why the Manila embassy is wanting a medical certificate to apply for a tourist visa.

If you have a re-entry permit they will stamp you in up to the date it expires.No problem with 10 to 12 days left. One option might be to get a 30 day visa exempt entry and then apply for the non immigrant visa as soon as you get back.

If you were married to or the parent of a Thai you could apply for 60 day extension to visit them.

12 minutes ago, Conwayspringsstar said:

Could I have a return ticket and ask for tourist visa on entry? USA passport.

Just another idea.

Visas are issued at consulates. The exception is the "visa on arrival" that allows a 15-day stay and does not apply to you.  On arrival in Thailand, you should be given the option of a 30-day visa exempt entry (as @ubonjoe suggested). Since you will not have time to season the 800,000 baht you need for a further extension of your current permission to stay, the visa exempt entry, followed by the palava involved in converting this to a non immigrant entry, and then the one-year extension is probably your least bad option.

16 hours ago, Conwayspringsstar said:

I have a non-immigrant visa with multi entry stamp. One year that expires on 9th of July. I have over 800,000Bt

Is that a Non Imm O ME Visa obtained from a Thai Emb/Con, OR

An extension with a ME re-entry permit obtained from local Immigration.

Two options, two very different answers.

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

Since you will not have time to season the 800,000 baht you need for a further extension of your current permission to stay, the visa exempt entry, followed by the palava involved in converting this to a non immigrant entry, and then the one-year extension is probably your least bad option.

The 800k baht only has to be in the bank on the date of application for a non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration.

• Like 1