BANGKOK

Posted (edited)

I went this morning to Jomtien Imm to show I have maintained 800k baht in my bank account since my 12 month retirement extension renewal in March.

I was asked to copy the last page of my updated bank book and to copy  my latest renewal extension.

I asked when I need to see her again and she said on my next visa extension renewal. Great!! All done in 2 minutes.

When I got home I checked my passport to see if it contained evidence of my visit today. Nothing. So what proof do I have that I turned up at immigration today with my bankbook.

Have any other members had the same experience.

Edited by lelapin

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Did she make a note in the computer or something?

She may have done, but I have no proof of that.

She may have done, but I have no proof of that.
If she doesn't make a note on the computer it seems a waste of a trip, especially as she gave you no receipt.

When you use an agent this money check isn't required. Maybe its a fake check
  • Like 2

i presume you went in to do your 90 day report    and received the updated document meaning that you met the criteria  for the issue of said document   why would you require any further   receipts passport   ??? notification / 

They normally attach a note on my passport , when my next 90 days is due. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

i presume you went in to do your 90 day report    and received the updated document meaning that you met the criteria  for the issue of said document   why would you require any further   receipts passport   ??? notification / 

Why would a 90 day report be associated with a request to return to confirm bank account still has 800K?

And just a thought,I wonder what would have happened if the OP had not bothered to turn up?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Why would a 90 day report be associated with a request to return to confirm bank account still has 800K?

And just a thought,I wonder what would have happened if the OP had not bothered to turn up?

sorry did not know was a request to update financial req just assumed it was a 90 day  as i had not realized  that a visit was required for monetary reasons alone   MY BAD

You went to immigration to prove that you have kept 800,000 baht in the bank for 3 months, which you did.

How do you prove you did it if they want you to do it again ?

They don't need proof of 800,000 baht being in the bank for more than 3 months, just that you now keep 400,000 until 2 months before you renew again when it goes back to 800,000. 

You seem to be worrying for no reason. 

2 hours ago, elliss said:

They normally attach a note on my passport , when my next 90 days is due.

Don't assume they processed the 90 day report, without the receipt they might not have processed it which will mean a fine next time you do one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Got my 90 days reporting done in Hua Hin a couple of days ago - bank balance was never even mentioned.

Can anyone explain to me if they are using an agent how they would get round this problem if asked ? Or how agents are getting round it ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1