Proof of 800k Imm visit

I went this morning to Jomtien Imm to show I have maintained 800k baht in my bank account since my 12 month retirement extension renewal in March.

I was asked to copy the last page of my updated bank book and to copy  my latest renewal extension.

I asked when I need to see her again and she said on my next visa extension renewal. Great!! All done in 2 minutes.

When I got home I checked my passport to see if it contained evidence of my visit today. Nothing. So what proof do I have that I turned up at immigration today with my bankbook.

Have any other members had the same experience.

Edited by lelapin

i presume you went in to do your 90 day report    and received the updated document meaning that you met the criteria  for the issue of said document   why would you require any further   receipts passport   ??? notification / 

2 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

i presume you went in to do your 90 day report    and received the updated document meaning that you met the criteria  for the issue of said document   why would you require any further   receipts passport   ??? notification / 

Why would a 90 day report be associated with a request to return to confirm bank account still has 800K?

And just a thought,I wonder what would have happened if the OP had not bothered to turn up?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Why would a 90 day report be associated with a request to return to confirm bank account still has 800K?

And just a thought,I wonder what would have happened if the OP had not bothered to turn up?

sorry did not know was a request to update financial req just assumed it was a 90 day  as i had not realized  that a visit was required for monetary reasons alone   MY BAD

You went to immigration to prove that you have kept 800,000 baht in the bank for 3 months, which you did.

How do you prove you did it if they want you to do it again ?

They don't need proof of 800,000 baht being in the bank for more than 3 months, just that you now keep 400,000 until 2 months before you renew again when it goes back to 800,000. 

You seem to be worrying for no reason. 

2 hours ago, elliss said:

They normally attach a note on my passport , when my next 90 days is due.

Don't assume they processed the 90 day report, without the receipt they might not have processed it which will mean a fine next time you do one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Can anyone explain to me if they are using an agent how they would get round this problem if asked ? Or how agents are getting round it ? 

It's possible money may be a factor.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

This had nothing to do with my 90 day reporting which is in 3 weeks time.

This is the requirement to show that I have had 800k in my account for the 3 months after my extension renewal last March.

If the requirement of immigration was that all I had to do was to show on next year's renewal (March 2020) that I had maintained the 800k and 400k balances according to their new rules, then why did they give me a note when I last renewed stating that I had to show them on 24th June 2019 that I had maintained 800k in my bank account since March.

Having adhered to their rules, what defence do I have if next Mach they claim that although my book shows the balances being maintained according to their rules I had not reported on 24th June 2019 as instructed to.

1 hour ago, lelapin said:

Having adhered to their rules, what defence do I have if next Mach they claim that although my book shows the balances being maintained according to their rules I had not reported on 24th June 2019 as instructed to.

The defence, as you call it, is that you did report and your can tell them that.

If you so concerned: go back to immigration and request them to give you a written confirmation of your reporting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Can anyone explain to me if they are using an agent how they would get round this problem if asked ? Or how agents are getting round it ? 

Agents , what agents , not have , on open forum..

6 hours ago, lelapin said:

When I got home I checked my passport to see if it contained evidence of my visit today. Nothing. So what proof do I have that I turned up at immigration today with my bankbook.

No proof is required. They kept this as an open issue for people who buy privileges using an agent. 

• Like 1

No proof is required. They kept this as an open issue for people who buy privileges using an agent. 
It's an easy way to sting people at the next extension. IO "show me receipt of 800k proof after 3 months from immigration" falang : "no have" IO: "big fine. Back of the net"
  • Like 2

Seems to be another case of policy making on the hoof. When they told people to bring in their bank books after 90 days they presumably didn't have any system in place to issue a receipt or record this officially (unless there actually is a note on the computer). It's a bit like last year when the police decided to ban darts claiming a dart board licence was required, and only afterwards finding out that such a licence didn't exist. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Seems to be another case of policy making on the hoof. When they told people to bring in their bank books after 90 days they presumably didn't have any system in place to issue a receipt or record this officially (unless there actually is a note on the computer). It's a bit like last year when the police decided to ban darts claiming a dart board licence was required, and only afterwards finding out that such a licence didn't exist. 

I agree. Also note MOST imm office have not required the "show us the money" 3 month post approval. Just rogue imm offices. Follow the new regs and deal with it next extension. The record of your banking will demonstrate you have followed these BS regs

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lelapin said:

I went this morning to Jomtien Imm to show I have maintained 800k baht in my bank account since my 12 month retirement extension renewal in March.

Why did you go ....were you told after doing your ext. in March to come back in three months to show what you showed?

Edited by dotpoom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Why did you go ....were you told after doing your ext. in March to come back in three months to show what you showed?

Yes - there have been a number of threads on this going back to March when it started at Jomtien

7 minutes ago, brianbbb said:

Did the same yesterday they just took my signed photo copies of bankbook and passport as evidence

Exactly - I think some of the posters are getting a little paranoid.