Proof of 800k Imm visit

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
25 minutes ago, malibukid said:
they want you to use an agent.  

They should come up with a legal 10,000 baht a year hassle free extension option. Win win for the govt, not so much for the staff but stuff them. Under 50s can still buy the Elite if they must

Actually a great idea. I would do that no problems.

But, I think the non official collecting/recording of agents fees is more advantages financially for them.

Actually a great idea. I would do that no problems.
But, I think the non official collecting/recording of agents fees is more advantages financially for them.
For the immigration office staff yes but not for the government. They could get 10,000 vs 1,900. One way to stop the agents and corrupt staff. Over 50 and 10,000 that's all you need

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If she doesn't make a note on the computer it seems a waste of a trip, especially as she gave you no receipt.

When you use an agent this money check isn't required. Maybe its a fake check

All the more reasons to consider an agent route these days.

300 baht at the 90 day check and all taken care of. 

Not even need to front up.

Ok, one day maybe not today, things will change. 

But it is the only option for many people now. 

With the build in bonuses. 

Jomtien immigration is okay. ????

Edited by dallen52

1 hour ago, topt said:

Yes - there have been a number of threads on this going back to March when it started at Jomtien

Exactly - I think some of the posters are getting a little paranoid.

Hardly surprising taking into consideration TI's reputation.

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Can anyone explain to me if they are using an agent how they would get round this problem if asked ? Or how agents are getting round it ? 

Simple. 

If you use and agent all is explained. 

The first time extension is cumbersome and most of the gravy comes from the extension renewals. 

You are already set up on the computer system..

The response is.

You don't get asked..

Jomtien immigration looks after its clients...

Same 90 day reports. 

300 baht and you don't need to front up.

All done...  

Moral crusaders, fire away...

(this is Thailand)

Edited by dallen52
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brianbbb said:

Did the same yesterday they just took my signed photo copies of bankbook and passport as evidence

Maybe they use the legitimate ones for helping the agent ones ..

(No bank book required, no proof of savings or income)

Just take a copy for future use. 

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Can anyone explain to me if they are using an agent how they would get round this problem if asked ? Or how agents are getting round it ? 

Its nothing to do with your normal 90  day report.we got a form saying we ad to go back in aug after doing yearly with updated bank book. I wondered the same what proof do i av i av done it 

Immig should at least have given an official acknowledgement, if not, there's no need to show after 3 months.

It's a waste of time and money.

Edited by EricTh

23 hours ago, homeseeker said:

The proof is in your bank book and the copy you provided. If your bank book is in order that is all that is required whether or not you go to show the book to immigration or not.

Relax!

the proof is in the letter that is required signed by the bank!!!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, jmacken306 said:

the proof is in the letter that is required signed by the bank!!!

There is no letter used for the after 90 days visit. I turned up with the note they gave me at the renewal visit stating that I had to be there on 24th June with my passport and bank book only.  I gave the girl copies of each. She smiled and said I will see you next March, I have no evidence that I made that visit. No receipt. Maybe she entered it on the system, maybe not. If at my visit in March next year I am asked why didn't I turn up last June with my 800k evidence do you think if I say "Oh I did" they will say fine. No way. I am not paranoid but if you are asked to do something by an official body and you do it but are not given anything to show that you complied, surely that is wrong. The number of people who comment on TV with absolutely no knowledge of the subject is amazing. Fortunately they are balanced by the few that can offer really useful advice. That is why I keep viewing it.

I went to immigration today concerning the 800K for 3 months after extension. I was told that there is no need to for this requirement because it would be checked at the next extension application in 2020. That is, both the 'seasoning' for the next application and the 3 months after for this year extension would be considered together. Noncompliance on either one would result in the penalty similar to not having seasoned the 800K in previous years.

48 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

I went to immigration today concerning the 800K for 3 months after extension. I was told that there is no need to for this requirement because it would be checked at the next extension application in 2020. That is, both the 'seasoning' for the next application and the 3 months after for this year extension would be considered together. Noncompliance on either one would result in the penalty similar to not having seasoned the 800K in previous years.

Does this mean they will stop issuing notes on extension renewals that you must report back to them in 90 days with your bank book. It seems strange that they were issuing notes in March advising you to return in 90 days and yet when you comply with their instruction they tell you that you did not need to bother.

[quote post="14285011" timestamp="1561557472" name="TKDfella" userid="247031 I was told that there is no need to for this requirement because it would be checked at the next extension

Common sense at last, It's taken them months to realise this is the best way to check

10 hours ago, lelapin said:

Does this mean they will stop issuing notes on extension renewals that you must report back to them in 90 days with your bank book. It seems strange that they were issuing notes in March advising you to return in 90 days and yet when you comply with their instruction they tell you that you did not need to bother.

Quite. After handing my bank books to the IMO, fully expecting another form to sign, but he just said 'You have a problem?' After explaining I was there to comply with the new 800K ruling he shook his head and said 'No, we check at the next extension.' and then drew a diagram on a piece of paper [this year being the first, just 800k seasoning]-----{next year check for 800K 3 for month after last extension + 800K seasoning}my words from IMO's drawing. So from now on when applying for extension I will have to comply with two financial constraints and not one, as will others using this method.

11 hours ago, lelapin said:

That was probably at the immigration office in Jomtien. Other offices are not doing it.

No check is mentioned in the police order.

Yesterday afternoon at Jomtein while applying for extension based on retirement, I was given an appointment and instruction to go back on Sept 23 to show 800k is still in the bank after 3 months.

Please do not confuse this "90 days bank checking" with "TM47 ,  staying longer than 90 days" reporting.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thailand J said:

Yesterday afternoon at Jomtein while applying for extension based on retirement, I was given an appointment and instruction to go back on Sept 23 to show 800k is still in the bank after 3 months.

Please do not confuse this "90 days bank checking" with "TM47 ,  staying longer than 90 days" reporting.

1.jpg

2.jpg

That is the same as I received in March at Jomtien but when you go back in September do not expect any receipt or written recognition that you have reported as requested.

3 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

I will have the letter indicating the return date. I plan to ask them to stamp it or initial it and give it back to me. Doesn't hurt to ask.

They kept my letter with the rules and return date but as you say it doesn't hurt to ask. I wish I had.

16 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Noncompliance on either one would result in the penalty similar to not having seasoned the 800K in previous years.

Which would only be that another extension based on money in the bank will not be issued. I also expect they will look that the 400k was maintained for months 4-10. 

Just now, marcusarelus said:

Got retirement extension at Rayong this morning 800,000.  No mention of coming back to report about anything.  No mention about 800,000 or 400,000.   

Still not a good idea to spend it I guess.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That was probably at the immigration office in Jomtien. Other offices are not doing it.

No check is mentioned in the police order.

ubonjoe, forgot to mention location...was Udorn.

Did my extenstion based on retirement on the 21st June they checked to see if I had 800k and bank letter saying it was in 3 months before due date they then stamped me for another year.

Easy but no mention of keeping it in for another 3 months or keeping 400k for the rest of the year. When then is this new rule suppose to take place?

10 hours ago, whiteman said:

Easy but no mention of keeping it in for another 3 months or keeping 400k for the rest of the year. When then is this new rule suppose to take place?

It came into effect in March this year, hence applies to you. As they are requiring 3 months seasoning they have demonstrated they are not up-to-date. 

You can't be sure when they will start requiring the money to be held for the rest of the year, 800k/3m, 400k/7 months, or indeed if they already do, but are not notifying anyone yet of the requirement. It is your choice but personally I would be complying. (If you expect to be applying for a retirement extension in June 2020). 

Edited by jacko45k

On 6/24/2019 at 6:15 PM, mistral53 said:

Got my 90 days reporting done in Hua Hin a couple of days ago - bank balance was never even mentioned.

Im beginning to love HH immigration as they never ask me for tm 30 either