Proof of 800k Imm visit

Well, I have my 90 days and proof of 800K coming up with different dates of course.

The wife called the IO Office in Mukdahan to ask if we could do them both this Friday.

No problem, just bring a copy of the updated bank book AND a letter from the bank

confirming the amount... Guess I need that bank letter every 3 months.

Edited by nongsung

2 minutes ago, nongsung said:

Well, I have my 90 days and proof of 800K coming up with different dates of course.

The wife called the IO Office in Mukdahan to ask if we could do them both this Friday.

No problem, just bring a copy of the updated bank book AND a letter from the bank

confirming the amount... Guess I need that bank letter every 90 days.

Considering the importance of a bank book one would think that practically an update of the balance of the book on the day and show that would suffice.

But now some need to get a bank letter every 3 months and pay an extra 100 to 200 baht fee to the bank to obtain that letter just on some bureaucrats whim.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, berybert said:

You went to immigration to prove that you have kept 800,000 baht in the bank for 3 months, which you did.

How do you prove you did it if they want you to do it again ?

They don't need proof of 800,000 baht being in the bank for more than 3 months, just that you now keep 400,000 until 2 months before you renew again when it goes back to 800,000. 

You seem to be worrying for no reason. 

Yes they do need proof that you have kept 800K in for 3 months after the extension is granted, at least at Jomtien they do.  They even give you a form stating the date that you must provide that proof. Missing that date may prove problematical when you come to get a further extension of stay. 

6 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Considering the importance of a bank book one would think that practically an update of the balance of the book on the day and show that would suffice.

But now some need to get a bank letter every 3 months and pay an extra 100 to 200 baht fee to the bank to obtain that letter just on some bureaucrats whim.

Letter from the bank not required at the Jomtien office 

26 minutes ago, nongsung said:

Guess I need that bank letter every 3 months.

Have they told you will need to do it every 3 months.?

At other offices that want one it is is a one time thing at the 3 months to confirm the 800k baht is still in the bank.

in my office they never mentioned come back in 3 months or gave me a letter asking me to do that either maybe because they know me over the 15 years iv been here and that I have 2 million in my bank book might also help

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have they told you will need to do it every 3 months.?

At other offices that want one it is is a one time thing at the 3 months to confirm the 800k baht is still in the bank.

No, they did not but I find the IO's at Mukdahan extremely difficult to deal with and would not be surprised if it would be a 'requirement' in three months time...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, whiteman said:

in my office they never mentioned come back in 3 months or gave me a letter asking me to do that either maybe because they know me over the 15 years iv been here and that I have 2 million in my bank book might also help

I use this account only for my visa and haven't touched the money for 10 years. They (IO's) know me and my wife and the account shows some 1.3M THB...

Edited by nongsung

1 hour ago, nongsung said:

confirming the amount... Guess I need that bank letter every 3 months.

I didn't need a letter at Jomtien and they are one of the toughest IO

• Confused 1

Different than planned my wife had to go to Mukdahan this morning and decided to do my 90 days reporting (like she had done in the past). Denied... 90 days reporting need to be done in person.

When my wife said that she had done my 90 reporting 5 or 6 times before the IO said that the law had changed...

7 minutes ago, nongsung said:

When my wife said that she had done my 90 reporting 5 or 6 times before the IO said that the law had changed...

There has certainly been no change. Just an excuse for not doing it for some unknown reason.

My wife has done more of my 90 day reports than I have.

• Thanks 1