Thai embassy in Savanakket

I applied for a Thai visa from the consulate in Savanakkhet today.It was so crowded maybe more than 400 people.And embassy officers were getting applications very slowly,15-20 min for a person.I was lucky to arrive the embassy early in the morning at 7.00 am,however it still got so long and I am still extremely tired.Even I thought to go back home leaving embassy because of extreme hot and very slow process,I was likely to vomit... Very bad experience...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You chose the wrong day to it. Mondays and Thursdays are the days the visa run vans are there.

Tuesday and Wednesdays are the best days now. Not crowded at all on those days.

Maybe a stupid question, but fridays???? Is the consulate closed that day you mean???

glegolo

• Like 1

I was there today as well. I got there at 630am i was one of the first 10 in line. I left at about 9:15 I didnt think it was that bad.

I am a little worried about tomorrow figuring everybody is going to be picking up visas. Any idea what time the visa run groups go to pick up there visas? Really dont want to be stuck behind 400 people picking up a visa.

Edited by lovesthespicy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

I was there today as well. I got there at 630am i was one of the first 10 in line. I left at about 9:15 I didnt think it was that bad.

I am a little worried about tomorrow figuring everybody is going to be picking up visas. Any idea what time the visa run groups go to pick up there visas? Really dont want to be stuck behind 400 people picking up a visa.

Collections are 2pm for all I would have thought which is pretty quick unless they are still dealing with the mornings applications..

Currently believe it is best to arrive/apply for visa on Tuesday and pickup/depart following day (which slow for application and pickup).  That way you avoid all the visa run groups application Monday and Thursday (which often run into afternoon pickup times) and long lines at border crossing.  Friday will mean Monday visa run crunch often running into pickup time and extra time in Savannakhet.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

Hi friend,did you apply for tourist visa

6 minutes ago, Lincoln88 said:

Hi friend,did you apply for tourist visa

Yup i did a tv. The guy right behind me wad saying how the tvs are really fast but the others take awhile. It did seem like the majority of people in line were there for other visas rather then tvs. 

45 minutes ago, Baldrik said:

Does Savanahket ask from proof of funds for Non-Immi O-A? or whatever the class for retirement is, asking for a friend.

For the Non-Imm O visa based on marriage, no proof of funds are required.

For the Non-Imm O visa based on retirement, proof of funds are required plus proof of retirement. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Toosetinmyways said:

Friend went on Friday said it was quiet. Means 3 nights in town. Maybe that is the best day if you have the time.

Friday will be quiet, since it's a 72 hour turnaround rather than 24. Might be worth it if interested in a little local travel. Otherwise Tuesdays and Wednesdays are currently the best days to show up. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lincoln88 said:

I applied for a Thai visa from the consulate in Savanakkhet today.It was so crowded maybe more than 400 people.And embassy officers were getting applications very slowly,15-20 min for a person.I was lucky to arrive the embassy early in the morning at 7.00 am,however it still got so long and I am still extremely tired.Even I thought to go back home leaving embassy because of extreme hot and very slow process,I was likely to vomit... Very bad experience...

As already stated it was the wrong choice of day to go, and I´ve been true that too. However, this forum is very good, and that is based on that most of the information in the visa section is correct. I can not for my life understand why you choose to say its minimum 400 people there and that it took 15-20 min per person. That is not possible. That would mean 100 hours to process in one day.

13 hours ago, glegolo said:

Maybe a stupid question, but fridays???? Is the consulate closed that day you mean???

glegolo

No, it´s not closed fridays. It only means that you will have to wait until monday to get your passport and visa back. Not an effective choice, and that´s why nobody want to recommend or talk about it. If you not mind a longer trip/holliday, then it will be a good day too.

Edited by Matzzon

15 hours ago, Baldrik said:

Does Savanahket ask from proof of funds for Non-Immi O-A? or whatever the class for retirement is, asking for a friend.

When I applied for my non-Imm 0 multiple entry visa based on retirement back in December , I was asked for my U.K. State Pension Letter and also provided my Thai bank statement , but can’t remember if that was asked for or not.

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

As already stated it was the wrong choice of day to go, and I´ve been true that too. However, this forum is very good, and that is based on that most of the information in the visa section is correct. I can not for my life understand why you choose to say its minimum 400 people there and that it took 15-20 min per person. That is not possible. That would mean 100 hours to process in one day.

I have never been to any visa run but may be there are many officers doing the job in parallel hence could still be 15 min/person - if there are 10 officers = 10 hrs

we, as one of the visa run companies, tried to organise trips on Monday and Tuesday nights. No success. BTW, also most individuals travel on Sunday or Monday nights, really never understood this. 

Edited by visarunner
spelling mistake

2 minutes ago, visarunner said:

also most individuals travel on Sunday or Monday nights, really never understood this. 

Sunday travel means one less day of work lost for those in that category.  Monday night travel gets you there Tuesday and avoids the Monday/visa trips crowd.  

1 hour ago, NicoBKK said:

I have never been to any visa run but may be there are many officers doing the job in parallel hence could still be 15 min/person - if there are 10 officers = 10 hrs

Exactly! You have never been to a visa run. There is only one open window, were you leave the application. Only one que and one person receiving them. There, now your fantasy totally went out the window.

1 hour ago, transam said:

At Sav they take about 2 mins to skate through my paperwork, always the same because it's perfect presentation...

Right, that´s what it takes for me too, the few times I´ve been there. Just take long time with all the people they have to explain whats missing for. if you come prepared, there is never a problem anywhere.

2 minutes ago, sateuk said:

For the non o visa through marriage what documents do I need to take thanks 

Original Thai marriage certificate and copy (original returned); copy of blue book and entry for spouse and signed by them; copy of spouse ID card signed.  Have supply of photos for visa and entry to Laos.  Have 5,000 baht if multi entry non O visa. 

HCMC (besides payment in USD) also requires short letter from spouse requesting visa be issued so would have in reserve in case Savannakhet adopts that in future - but do not present unless asked.

5 minutes ago, sateuk said:

For the non o visa through marriage what documents do I need to take thanks 

ORIGINAL marriage certificates..A MUST..

Copies of above and below..

Passport photo page.

Wife ID card.

Wife house blue book.

Wifey and you sign your own relevant copies..

detonated,

Thank you for your post.

can you please tell me how much money and how proof is required for the Non O Immigrant Visa based on retirement?

Also what proof is required to prove retirement?

I already have extension based on retirement. 

Due for renewal against August 27th.

Tossing up whether to stay with retirement or change to marriage.

4 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

detonated,

Thank you for your post.

can you please tell me how much money and how proof is required for the Non O Immigrant Visa based on retirement?

Also what proof is required to prove retirement?

I already have extension based on retirement. 

Due for renewal against August 27th.

Tossing up whether to stay with retirement or change to marriage.

I think 400k THB in account for Non O visa

12 minutes ago, Lincoln88 said:

I think 400k THB in account for Non O visa

I think he writing about changing to an extension of stay based upon marriage instead of one based upon retirement not a visa 

For the extension based upon marriage it is 400k baht in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

For a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet no financial proof is needed.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SEtonal said:

For the Non-Imm O visa based on marriage, no proof of funds are required.

For the Non-Imm O visa based on retirement, proof of funds are required plus proof of retirement. 

How to proof retirement?