Thai embassy in Savanakket

1 minute ago, smilemaker said:

So what is the difference in Non-Imm O visa based on marriage, and 1 year Visa On Arrival, other than being married? They all require 90 day Visa runs..right?

What one year visa on arrival..?

An extension, which is not a visa, does not require boarder runs..

3 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

So what is the difference in Non-Imm O visa based on marriage, and 1 year Visa On Arrival, other than being married? They all require 90 day Visa runs..right?

Multi entry non immigrant O visa allows unlimited travel to Thailand for normal one year validity and stay of up to 90 days.  If based on marriage there is also a 60 day extension of stay available.

Visa on arrival allows a stay of 15 days for selected countries that do not have easy access to Thai Consulates.

i think I got a bit confused here...Going into Los , from Thailand, to get a extension based on marriage for 1 yr. People are going there instead of having to go to BKK.

With A 1 yr Visa on Arrival from Laos, one can still travel back and forth from Thai and Laos. Right?

5 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

i think I got a bit confused here...Going into Los , from Thailand, to get a extension based on marriage for 1 yr. People are going there instead of having to go to BKK.

With A 1 yr Visa on Arrival from Laos, one can still travel back and forth from Thai and Laos. Right?

You don't go to Lao for an extension to a visa, you go for a NEW visa...

Just now, smilemaker said:

right...instead of having to go to BKK. For those of us in the NE...

Why do you keep mentioning BKK.....?

If you are married and your permission to stay visa is coming to an end you can go to Sav and get a new visa OR go to your local immigration office to get an extension to your old visa but you will have to show money there.....

2 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

right...instead of having to go to BKK. For those of us in the NE...

Are you asking about visas and extensions to/in Thailand or visas for Laos?  You get one year Thai extensions from your local immigration office - you do not travel to Bangkok.  If you can not meet the financials or have other reasons you can travel to Savannakhet to obtain one year multi entry visas which allow up to 90 day stays.

21 hours ago, SEtonal said:

For the Non-Imm O visa based on marriage, no proof of funds are required.

For the Non-Imm O visa based on retirement, proof of funds are required plus proof of retirement. 

Proof of funds, no problem.

How does one "prove they are retired"? Someone mentioned a UK pension letter. I have rental properties. How do I "prove I am retired"?

52 minutes ago, geisha said:

Hi, if going on a Friday and picking up Monday, what can you do there on the weekend, or go somewhere else for two nights, come back Sunday ??

Sav is the most boring place, if I could pay for a fast track service I would...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, transam said:

ORIGINAL marriage certificates..A MUST..

Copies of above and below..

Passport photo page.

Wife ID card.

Wife house blue book.

Wifey and you sign your own relevant copies..

Thanks is 2 pages enough in passport so I mean 4 sides ? If not I'll have to make a new passport first

18 minutes ago, sateuk said:

Thanks is 2 pages enough in passport so I mean 4 sides ? If not I'll have to make a new passport first

Four blank pages is enough. Why are you counting 2 pages as one. Count the number of page numbers you can see.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Four blank pages is enough. Why are you counting 2 pages as one. Count the number of page numbers you can see.

I wasn't really I was just wondering what 2 free pages meant as it could be interpreted wrong and I wanted to be sure thanks for the confirmation

9 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Multi entry non immigrant O visa allows unlimited travel to Thailand for normal one year validity and stay of up to 90 days.

Just a quick question please.

Do you know if with that visa, we need a reentry permit every time we go out of Thailand?

Also do you recommend always bringing 20k in cash when arriving by air, even though this is not a tourist visa?

And any stories of people being denied entry when travelling back after few times with this visa?

Thanks

45 minutes ago, peixotorms said:

Do you know if with that visa, we need a reentry permit every time we go out of Thailand?

With an unexpired multiple entry visa, a reentry permit is not required. The only time you might want to use a reentry permit is to protect your final 90-day permission to stay from your last entry into Thailand using the visa (when your subsequent return to Thailand will be when the visa has expired, but the permission to stay will still be worth saving). 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, transam said:

ORIGINAL marriage certificates..A MUST..

Copies of above and below..

Passport photo page.

Wife ID card.

Wife house blue book.

Wifey and you sign your own relevant copies..

I agree.. guard your original marriage cert with your life.  Amphoe here tried to keep our original British one and give us certified copies, I knew that was a bad idea so we went back and demanded the original back.

Showed the original in Savannakhet no problems

9 hours ago, peixotorms said:

Also do you recommend always bringing 20k in cash when arriving by air, even though this is not a tourist visa?

And any stories of people being denied entry when travelling back after few times with this visa?

Always good to have funds when travelling but normally not asked in area - but it is a requirement for visa entry so can be used to prevent/block travel.

Have not seen any reports of denied entry for those with non immigrant O visa.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

With an unexpired multiple entry visa, a reentry permit is not required. The only time you might want to use a reentry permit is to protect your final 90-day permission to stay from your last entry into Thailand using the visa (when your subsequent return to Thailand will be when the visa has expired, but the permission to stay will still be worth saving). 

My non o visa expires on October 11 2019 but I go to UK for 3 weeks in October but I will still have my last 90 entry on my visa ,as I not back till 31st of October I've been told I can't use it as visa now expired is that correct? Thanks

24 minutes ago, sateuk said:

My non o visa expires on October 11 2019 but I go to UK for 3 weeks in October but I will still have my last 90 entry on my visa ,as I not back till 31st of October I've been told I can't use it as visa now expired is that correct? Thanks

That is correct since your visa will be expired. You would not able to use it to enter the country.

You could get a new 90 day entry before the visa expires and a re-entry permit (1000 baht for a single re-entry permit) to keep the remainder of it valid when you return from your trip. Better than getting a 30 day visa exempt entry.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is correct since your visa will be expired. You would not able to use it to enter the country.

You could get a new 90 day entry before the visa expires and a re-entry permit (1000 baht for a single re-entry permit) to keep the remainder of it valid when you return from your trip. Better than getting a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Ok so when I enter again that would give me 90 days , I get the new 90 day entry from immigration or a border run I no I pay the 1000 BAHT extension at immigration thanks sorry for messing you about

If you enter again prior to Oct 12 you will get a new 90 day permitted to stay - then you can buy a re-entry permit prior to your travel to UK and use that on your return to get a new permitted to stay to the same date you had when you obtained the re-entry permit.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

If you enter again prior to Oct 12 you will get a new 90 day permitted to stay - then you can buy a re-entry permit prior to your travel to UK and use that on your return to get a new permitted to stay to the same date you had when you obtained the re-entry permit.

Thanks for that I leave on October 5th ,so a few days before I go do a border run then I go immigration to get a re entry permit , and when I arrive back in Bangkok end of October I get the 90 days back then I can go savannaket to get my non o again that's correct isn't it

1 hour ago, sateuk said:

Ok so when I enter again that would give me 90 days , I get the new 90 day entry from immigration or a border run I no I pay the 1000 BAHT extension at immigration thanks sorry for messing you about

If you left Thailand and returned on October 1, you would get a 90-day permission to stay, ending 29 December. Before leaving Thailand again, you could purchase a reentry permit from immigration at the immigration office or at the airport on the day of your departure. On your return to Thailand, you would be stamped back in with the protected permission to stay, still ending on 29 December.

Edited by BritTim
Originally calculated the 90 days incorrectly