How much does it cost to have a part time maid and cook?

Lemonlime

I mean, a lady that cleans and cooks for me once in two days

well, she can clean once in 4 or 5 days but I want her to come in the morning and wash+boil/steam a lot of vegetables... 

say if it is not in Bangkok (going 2 udon thani) and she can speak English how much will she cost per month?? I need someone like this...

I think the difficulty will be finding someone in UT who only wants to work a few hours every 2 days.  Most want a reasonable income which necessitate a full time job so they could perhaps earn 8000 pm.  Unless of course you are prepared to pay her 1000 baht per day when she does work part time for those 2 days per week.

IF you can find someone, it's a least 400B a day for about 5 hours work.....

Once they learn what's expected of them & get the routine down they quickly get done faster so they can go on to the next house & knock out 2 a day.....

Best thing to do is vary the jobs/chores/routine a bit so they don't steam roll right through....

An important part is that you obviously have to trust that person.

I would check with the neighbors, building management, etc. for a known person.

Maybe you would be able to find someone cheaper - with a risk.

Unfortunately there are lots of stories of maids who stole things, even after years...

Hard to find someone just part time or short term, unless it suits them, in which case it probably won't suit you. Easier just to hire someone full time and long term to do everything around the home: cleaning, laundry, cooking, shopping, errands, light gardening, etc.. In Isan, 300 baht per 10 hour day, 2 days off per month, so between 7800 and 8700 per month. Sometimes they won't show up, sometimes they will just sit and look at their phone, sometimes they will argue with you. If they have a baby or small kid, he/she will come with them to work. But to my mind if you are a decent person and treat them as you would like to be treated, it will be worth every penny and more.

We live just outside Udon Thani, we have no maid & no gardener, near impossible to find anyone that wants to work, tried many working part time - with disastrous results, work ethic and the cheap labour that you read about is just fiction in my experience.

Good luck ???? 

36 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I'd say 1,000 a day or 30K  THB a month should get you what you seek.

That would include extras? Social security, 30 days holiday per year, sick leave up to one month and of course some business days.  

Archived