Anyone recently obtained a Thai police check for visa purposes for their spouse?

Hi all,

I’m applying for an Australian partner visa for my Thai wife, one of the requested documents is a Thai police check for my wife. I’ve been shown the Royal Thai Web site but I can’t establish what the procedure is as in what documents they require etc. I’m hoping someone has recently gone through the process and can assist.

Also, living in the Krabi area I’d prefer to avoid travelling to Bangkok if possible.

I see there is a link to an outside agency ( again confusing), has anyone used them and is it worthwhile ?

Also, I assume they check against all names previously held eg. Unmarried and married names, is that all done on the one application ?

thanks for any input 

When we did this a couple of years ago for a US immigrant visa, you had to apply in Bangkok at the Police Clearance Service Center, in the Thai Police HQ in Patumwam, maybe things have changed.

As I recall my wife needed;

Passport + Copy

Thai ID Card + Copy

Blue Book +Copy

Marriage Certificate + Copy

Any Name Change Certificate + Copy

Letter from the US Embassy requesting the document, so something similar from the Australian Embassy. In the case of US visas we used the cover sheet of one of the packets you receive, I'm sure the Aussie process is similar.

I know there was a fee, but I can't remember how much it was. We got it back within 2 weeks.

Its a very simple document you get for your trouble!

THAI_POLICE_Redacted.jpg

Thanks for reply, just a couple of questions 

did your wife have to be fingerprinted ? I ask because if the 

certificate has only one name on it and of course the check would normally include previous names as was the case in Australia.

Do you need to make an appointment and was it posted back to you and or emailed 

Thanks again 

13 minutes ago, Ooladolla said:

Thanks for reply, just a couple of questions 

did your wife have to be fingerprinted ? I ask because if the 

certificate has only one name on it and of course the check would normally include previous names as was the case in Australia.

Do you need to make an appointment and was it posted back to you and or emailed 

Thanks again 

Don't recall any fingerprints.

The certificate only has the current name on it, their Thai ID tracks any name changes along the way, coupled with the marriage cert and any name change certificates she may have.

The certificate itself was mailed back to us, well actually it was mailed to the agent who was handling everything for us.

1 hour ago, Ooladolla said:

Thank you for your help. Just an aside , how difficult was the medical ‘process’ ?

Assuming the process is similar for Australia.

My wife needed to get a couple of vaccinations, a chest x-ray, basically checking for TB,  STD check and that was pretty much it.

The US Embassy requires you get it done at either Bumrungrad or one other facility in BKK with specific Doc's so likely same for you. 

But it wasn't anything too intrusive, I seem to think she was in and out within 45 mins.

Archived