Prayut’s failure to set up Cabinet questioned

snoop1130

Prayut’s failure to set up Cabinet questioned

By The Nation

6a9a218dc79df3b24af1b4abe996ad5c.jpeg

file photo

In a Facebook post on Monday, anti-junta politician Chaturon Chaisang asked if General Prayut Chan-o-cha was purposely dragging his feet in terms of setting up the new Cabinet because he enjoyed the status quo. 

Without a new government officially taking office, Prayut can declare himself an “elected” prime minister and at the same time, leader of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) with sweeping powers. 

Chaturon pointed out that Monday marked the third month since the March 24 elections, and if the Cabinet is set up next month like some Phalang Pracharat politicians have suggested, then it will be four months – the longest time it has ever taken to form a Cabinet. 

“He has an upper hand over everybody. Why is he not finishing it up? What is he waiting for?” the veteran politician asked. “Or is Prayut enjoying his time both as PM and head of NCPO, who cannot be held accountable? Is he waiting to finish off some business while people cannot hold him in check?”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30371643

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-24

2 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

I always had him down as a Black Sabbath devotee .. 

IMG_20180814_134925.jpg

I think you're spot on there:

"Black Sabbath is a name that refers to a meeting of those who practice witchcraft, or Witches Sabbath, or other occult or superstitious rites."

With the PM kissing frogs and the like, as well as praying to the gods for rain, I can follow your reasoning.

It's all deliberate of course: he is dragging things out so that he can retain his god-like powers for as long as possible.

And in addition it is always possible that a sad event could occur which would prolong his omnipotent status even longer (much longer) ...

7 minutes ago, Eligius said:

It's all deliberate of course: he is dragging things out so that he can retain his god-like powers for as long as possible.

And in addition it is always possible that a sad event could occur which would prolong his omnipotent status even longer (much longer) ...

What ever the immediate outcome, it's doubtful there will be much change in the short term - however once the opposition/s get their act together and after a few dummy spits and teddy bear throwing episodes there could be some interesting times ahead 

32 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I think you're spot on there:

"Black Sabbath is a name that refers to a meeting of those who practice witchcraft, or Witches Sabbath, or other occult or superstitious rites."

With the PM kissing frogs and the like, as well as praying to the gods for rain, I can follow your reasoning.

I seem to also recall a S Q song called " Break the Rules " .. How apt .. 

As for kissing amphibians .. Could've been worse for froggy imagine Toad giving a him one .. 

One possibility is that he knows that when the cabinet is announced and he can't meet his promises to all parties, his coalition will implode and he won't be able to govern... a big loss of face of this happens during the ASEAN side-show.

12 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

In the Army now.

Oh, oh you're in the army, now.

I often have that song crossing my mind when I'm teaching here, particularly at morning assemblies...

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Or is Prayut enjoying his time both as PM and head of NCPO, who cannot be held accountable? Is he waiting to finish off some business while people cannot hold him in check?”

Genius, if not very opaque in the first place.

"The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace." - Mahatma Gandhi

Until Prayut is without power, who in Thailand will know peace?

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

General Prayut Chan-o-cha was purposely dragging his feet in terms of setting up the new Cabinet.....

He doesn't want anybody raining on his parade, does he!

17 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

It is simple, once he nominates a new cabinet and they gain royal assent, the old junta government is no more along with Article 44 powers, and he then has face the reality of being a politician.

When he can be held accountable for what he does or doesn't do !

On 6/24/2019 at 7:25 AM, snoop1130 said:

“He has an upper hand over everybody. Why is he not finishing it up? What is he waiting for?” the veteran politician asked. “Or is Prayut enjoying his time both as PM and head of NCPO, who cannot be held accountable? Is he waiting to finish off some business while people cannot hold him in check?”

Sounds correct. Prayut has had time to accomplish the set up of a cabinet if he felt that having one in place was a priority.

12 hours ago, zyphodb said:

I often have that song crossing my mind when I'm teaching here, particularly at morning assemblies...

Well i watched the rehearsals for the big Scout/Guide parade today. I was in hysterics to be honest. "The School will ramble past in rag order, taking their time from the NAAFI clock!" My daughter - carrying the flag out front - kept losing step, the melodian band from Primary 4, bless them, spent the whole time marking time in a giant puddle. The salute was taken bizarrely by the school principal - a diminutive Nun in a white habit, and the school registrar, who doubles up as the head boy scout, (and has the most amazing bandy legs) had a wonderful sense of humour failure with some of the younger female teachers who were in fits of giggles! Primary 1 wandered around looking cute in their cub scout caps and neckerchiefs, totally oblivious to what was going on. I can't see much future in this militarisation lark personally - thank goodness!

Five years of military rule hasn't penetrated far into the lives of the young - maybe a cabinet review of how to mark time in puddles is needed?

Archived