Rainy season

Danil Ishimov

Do not worry, the season is 2 months late now so may as well head for the snow fields   Global warming is here right nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwVince

In an Isaan village, I notice no difference between what people do during the rainy season and any other time of the year. Everyone wakes up about 6, some people go to work, some people doze on the bamboo jobbie outside the house, I play on World of Tanks. Only difference is that I am forced to turn off my mobile phone once a day in the rainy season.

Edited by SteveK

The rainy season is my favourite time of year in Thailand. We live in the country and I love to see things grow and thrive.

It usually only rains a few hours or less. My Thai friends won't go outside if it looks like rain, but I don't care. The rain is warm and you dry our soon enough.

The only thing is it hasn't rained where we live for 4 weeks now and things are getting a bit desperate.

17 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

The rainy season is my favourite time of year in Thailand. We live in the country and I love to see things grow and thrive.

It usually only rains a few hours or less. My Thai friends won't go outside if it looks like rain, but I don't care. The rain is warm and you dry our soon enough.

The only thing is it hasn't rained where we live for 4 weeks now and things are getting a bit desperate.

Like you I enjoy the rainy season. Anyway what rainy season?? It's peeping down as I tap but that's the first lot we have had for over a two weeks. I'm sure it'll be over in about 20 min:

Today we went out and had a nice alfresco lunch, calling in for a bit of ice cream on the way home. Delish with not a cloud in the sky. Ok it's raining now but I'm tucked up in my house tapping, with BBC news on my TV plugging away in the background so don't care.

Edited by fredob43

On 6/25/2019 at 5:19 PM, NightSky said:

Get the candles ready and wait for the electricity to fizzle out..

I really don't understand why the electricity supply is cut off everytime there is heavy rain. 

Anybody knows?

We usually produce a baby in the rainy season. 

On 6/25/2019 at 2:38 PM, Formaleins said:

I'm thinking of sending the family on an all expenses paid visit to some popular caves up near Chiang Rai.

Could my wife and bankalogical son join in, mate?-????

If yes, i will tell them that they'll have a fantastic experience with dive equipment and so on. 

14 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Because electricity and water ( heavy rainfall) doesn't fit well. 

More likely due to lightning strikes and fallen trees taking down power lines.  I must add, though, that there has only been one power cut in our village this year - due to lightning hitting a transformer, despite the frequent spectacular thunder storms which would have almost guaranteed one previously.  In the past, whenever there was heavy wind and rain at night, the candles were got out ready to go.  This year, after a few false alarms, they stay in the cupboard.  They do seem to have improved their game immensely.