BANGKOK 19 July 2019 03:06

5 minutes ago, rodknock said:

caused by back up at windows B1 and B2. only 2 for tm,30.

Unless a change made there are two desks at each making four officers processing at any given time however.  Not everyone has a lease and was not required for owner for my living with Thai wife two weeks ago but likely would be required to do as tenant.  Appeared to be more of backlog at fine payment desk in the 90 day report area.  But indeed if not expecting the TM30 requirement it will not be a pleasant experience.

• Like 1

O well as soon as those people threating to move out the lines will be so short it will be a mircle

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

What are windows B1 and 2?

The area for TM30 reporting.  It used to be windows but is now a desk area between the 90 day report room and exit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The area for TM30 reporting.  It used to be windows but is now a desk area between the 90 day report room and exit.

What is this TM 30 reporting? I've never been aged for one. Is it because I live on my own house? Or have a working visa?

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What is this TM 30 reporting? I've never been aged for one. Is it because I live on my own house? Or have a working visa?

CW was not asking for them prior to this year - foreigners living in hotels or homes/rooms must be reported to immigration within 24 hours of arrival.  You may have observed major hotels copy your passport information for this, but most Thai landlords are not aware of the law and fail to report.  Now if no report foreigners can not obtain immigration services such as extensions.  The owner of house should make the report but they are allowing tenants to do so with lease paperwork although should have copies of owners ID and house register.  Fine for not reporting is only 2,000 baht max (normal fine is 800 baht if making late) so can be an issue getting owners to do.

Edit:  I note in another thread you indicate you may have Thai citizenship so above would not apply - if is reporting for non-Thai living here and has been dusted off for strict enforcement only recently.

Edited by lopburi3

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

CW was not asking for them prior to this year - foreigners living in hotels or homes/rooms must be reported to immigration within 24 hours of arrival.  You may have observed major hotels copy your passport information for this, but most Thai landlords are not aware of the law and fail to report.  Now if no report foreigners can not obtain immigration services such as extensions.  The owner of house should make the report but they are allowing tenants to do so with lease paperwork although should have copies of owners ID and house register.  Fine for not reporting is only 2,000 baht max (normal fine is 800 baht if making late) so can be an issue getting owners to do.

Edit:  I note in another thread you indicate you may have Thai citizenship so above would not apply - if is reporting for non-Thai living here and has been dusted off for strict enforcement only recently.

Thanks, only one more marriage visa to go, hopefully. Does my wife need to fill in one of these forms for me staying on my own house?

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks, only one more marriage visa to go, hopefully. Does my wife need to fill in one of these forms for me staying on my own house?

Yes your wife is required to file a TM30 listing you as you still seem to be a foreigner - no lease is required but she should do the filing and it will need to be on record prior to your marriage extension application.  And she may well be fined 800 baht for late reporting.  You can download the form and fill out on computer with a PDF type program - or just print and write in the information.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

That depends upon the office you will be using. Not all offices will ask for one when applying for an extension.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

You live in your wifes house, not yours.

Wrong. The mortgage is in my name, and everything we invest in after getting married is split, as far as I'm aware.  When I finish paying the mortgage I should be s Thai citizen.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Wrong. The mortgage is in my name, and everything we invest in after getting married is split, as far as I'm aware.  When I finish paying the mortgage I should be s Thai citizen.

Can I ask why this deserves a sad face?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

The owner of house should make the report but they are allowing tenants to do so with lease paperwork although should have copies of owners ID and house register. 

I plan to go to CW later this week with just my lease agreement. Would I also need copies of owners id and Tabien Baan?

thanks. 

Just a heads up regarding the re-entry permit. Book it online. I went today with an appointment between 10:30 and 11:00. Arrived 10:25 went to the desk and was seen straight away and had my passport back by 10:35. I can't believe how quick it was. 

• Like 1