immigration all day affair

5 minutes ago, rodknock said:

caused by back up at windows B1 and B2. only 2 for tm,30.

Unless a change made there are two desks at each making four officers processing at any given time however.  Not everyone has a lease and was not required for owner for my living with Thai wife two weeks ago but likely would be required to do as tenant.  Appeared to be more of backlog at fine payment desk in the 90 day report area.  But indeed if not expecting the TM30 requirement it will not be a pleasant experience.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The area for TM30 reporting.  It used to be windows but is now a desk area between the 90 day report room and exit.

What is this TM 30 reporting? I've never been aged for one. Is it because I live on my own house? Or have a working visa?

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What is this TM 30 reporting? I've never been aged for one. Is it because I live on my own house? Or have a working visa?

CW was not asking for them prior to this year - foreigners living in hotels or homes/rooms must be reported to immigration within 24 hours of arrival.  You may have observed major hotels copy your passport information for this, but most Thai landlords are not aware of the law and fail to report.  Now if no report foreigners can not obtain immigration services such as extensions.  The owner of house should make the report but they are allowing tenants to do so with lease paperwork although should have copies of owners ID and house register.  Fine for not reporting is only 2,000 baht max (normal fine is 800 baht if making late) so can be an issue getting owners to do.

Edit:  I note in another thread you indicate you may have Thai citizenship so above would not apply - if is reporting for non-Thai living here and has been dusted off for strict enforcement only recently.

Edited by lopburi3

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

CW was not asking for them prior to this year - foreigners living in hotels or homes/rooms must be reported to immigration within 24 hours of arrival.  You may have observed major hotels copy your passport information for this, but most Thai landlords are not aware of the law and fail to report.  Now if no report foreigners can not obtain immigration services such as extensions.  The owner of house should make the report but they are allowing tenants to do so with lease paperwork although should have copies of owners ID and house register.  Fine for not reporting is only 2,000 baht max (normal fine is 800 baht if making late) so can be an issue getting owners to do.

Edit:  I note in another thread you indicate you may have Thai citizenship so above would not apply - if is reporting for non-Thai living here and has been dusted off for strict enforcement only recently.

Thanks, only one more marriage visa to go, hopefully. Does my wife need to fill in one of these forms for me staying on my own house?

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks, only one more marriage visa to go, hopefully. Does my wife need to fill in one of these forms for me staying on my own house?

Yes your wife is required to file a TM30 listing you as you still seem to be a foreigner - no lease is required but she should do the filing and it will need to be on record prior to your marriage extension application.  And she may well be fined 800 baht for late reporting.  You can download the form and fill out on computer with a PDF type program - or just print and write in the information.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

That depends upon the office you will be using. Not all offices will ask for one when applying for an extension.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

You live in your wifes house, not yours.

Wrong. The mortgage is in my name, and everything we invest in after getting married is split, as far as I'm aware.  When I finish paying the mortgage I should be s Thai citizen.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Wrong. The mortgage is in my name, and everything we invest in after getting married is split, as far as I'm aware.  When I finish paying the mortgage I should be s Thai citizen.

Can I ask why this deserves a sad face?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

The owner of house should make the report but they are allowing tenants to do so with lease paperwork although should have copies of owners ID and house register. 

I plan to go to CW later this week with just my lease agreement. Would I also need copies of owners id and Tabien Baan?

thanks. 

Just a heads up regarding the re-entry permit. Book it online. I went today with an appointment between 10:30 and 11:00. Arrived 10:25 went to the desk and was seen straight away and had my passport back by 10:35. I can't believe how quick it was. 

• Like 1

I live alone in my Thai wife's house. 

She died in 2011. 

Do I file the TM30 as 'possessor'?

The blue house book (Tabien Ban) still has no living housemaster.

My name is on the land deed as administrator of her estate.  

But the house ownership form is still in her name.

What supporting documents would I need to comply with TM30 or TM28?

56 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

What supporting documents would I need to comply with TM30 or TM28?

You might not need to do a TM30 form since it is dependent upon the office where you will be reporting.

You could show the deed to prove you are the possessor and perhaps a copy of the blue house book.

Copies of your passport, TM6 departure card and a completed TM30 form.

• 2 weeks later...

I went for my extension yesterday at CW, was directed to Section B for TM30, fined 800 baht, asked for and provided copies of my chanote (I am joint owner of condo with my Thai wife), and a drawing of my address location. All went well and armed with the Section B paperwork, returned to Section L and received my Extension stamped into my passport. The grant of an extension is definitely linked to TM 30 requirements.

My wife went to CW to submit a TM30 for me staying in her house. She had the money expecting to pay the 800-2k baht fine but was told no fine payable as a hotel had reported me since I last arrived in the kingdom. Wife said but I never reported him when we got back to our home in Bangkok but fair play the immigration lady still said no fine. Wife then asked if we go on holiday within Thailand and return to Bangkok do we have to redo TM30 - yes was the answer. Then she asked why no username or password issued for online TM30 after successfully registering over a month ago so was directed to the next table. Lady there said there had been too many applications for online registration to cope with but will issue a password and username here while you wait.

Not sure if there’s a pattern but I have 2 friends who went to CW at around the same time - 1 had never stayed in a hotel or submitted a TM30 from his wife’s house since arriving and was fined 800 baht - the other had stayed in a hotel since arriving in the kingdom months ago that reported his TM30 and just like me was not fined 800 baht.

• Thanks 1

So, if in doubt, whether my landlord did the report, should I do it by myself?

Sent from my SM-J415F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/24/2019 at 8:42 PM, rodknock said:

arrived there at 7:45am and did not leave until 3pm.

did extension and tm 30.

Any particular reason you didn't or couldn't have done the TM30 in advance by mail or online?  There have been lots of posts here in recent weeks/months detailing the backups in the TM30 area because of Immigration's sudden and unpublicized enforcement of this. But it's certainly been well discussed here on TVF.

I did my first ever TM30 by mail a while back. And then did my annual extension of stay and re-entry permit at BKK CW about a week back. Arrived at 7:45 am just like you, and was done and out just before the noon hour break.

Not getting stuck in the TM30 mess will go a long way toward getting folks out in more timely fashion.

On 6/25/2019 at 3:50 PM, zumm said:

Just a heads up regarding the re-entry permit. Book it online. I went today with an appointment between 10:30 and 11:00. Arrived 10:25 went to the desk and was seen straight away and had my passport back by 10:35. I can't believe how quick it was. 

Something has definitely changed with the re-entry permits section at BKK CW.... maybe because all their past business is being queued up in the TM-30 lines!

When I was there a week ago, I had no appointment for my re-entry permit... But I got a queue ticket and went to sit down for what i expect would be a long wait. My queue number was about 40 past the number their queue video displays were showing.

But instead, within just a couple minute of my sitting down in the chairs there, one of the officers came out, walked up to me, and actually asked me what I was waiting for. I replied re-entry permit. She said OK, come in with me now. I walked over, submitted my paperwork, paid the fee, and then in no more than 5 minutes later, they had returned my stamped passport to me... Never had that kind of experience at the BKK CW re-entry permit section before.

PS - I was so shocked, I asked one of the officers who spoke a bit of EN there whether I should plan on making an online appointment for next year. And added that I've never been sure about that, because you never know how long it's going to take to escape out of the L extensions section. And the officer's response was no, no appointment needed, just walk right up and hand us your re-entry paperwork and passport.

BTW, the quick turnaround in the re-entry permit section also helped make up for the TWO HOUR wait I had in the L extensions section from the time the supervisor there was done with me after all the processing and signing was finished, until they returned my passport back to me.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

31 minutes ago, guru said:

Then she asked why no username or password issued for online TM30 after successfully registering over a month ago so was directed to the next table. Lady there said there had been too many applications for online registration to cope

Pathetic isnt it, i  hope they get buried under the paperwork, Wife asked 6 weeks  ago , heard  nothing at  all no password.

Pathetic isnt it, i  hope they get buried under the paperwork, Wife asked 6 weeks  ago , heard  nothing at  all no password.

I agree it’s ridiculous. In fact the wife said the immigration lady in charge of the online stuff at CW said she was so swamped she had stopped issuing the usernames and password unless it seems you turned up in person. Hopefully, she’s cleared her to-do list and started up again or it could be a further long wait. There’s a TM30 call centre mobile phone number on the bottom of the log in page for the section 38 (TM30) app you can download for your phone but I’ve never tried calling.