Proof of funds tv Savannakhet

I will be going to Savannakhet apply for a multi entry o marriage. A friend will be joining me to apply for a tv. Does the 20k need to be shown in cash at the consulate or in a bank book? (he has a Thai bank account). How about balance dates for the money? If the application is made on the 30th June will a bank balance printed in the bank book dated 14th June 2019 be ok or does the date need to be closer to the 30th?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

I will be going to Savannakhet apply for a multi entry o marriage. A friend will be joining me to apply for a tv. Does the 20k need to be shown in cash at the consulate or in a bank book? (he has a Thai bank account). How about balance dates for the money? If the application is made on the 30th June will a bank balance printed in the bank book dated 14th June 2019 be ok or does the date need to be closer to the 30th?

As of now you will not need to show any funds at the consulate when applying for a Non-O ME based on marriage in Savannakhet.

As for the 20K baht or same amount in another currency you are mentioning, is what they have the right to ask for at the border checkpoint. However, even if it regards all visas, there are mostly check and questions to show money for tourist visas at airports. Are you going be land border, it will be extremely small chance they will ask for any show of money on a Non-O visa. Better safe than sorry. Have it at hand if needed. It´s just 20K baht.

8 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Does the 20k need to be shown in cash at the consulate or in a bank book?

At the Consulate, proof of 20k needs to be shown on a printed bank statement.  The statement can be printed from an online bank on a home printer and the bank can be anywhere in the world.  Ideally, the statement shouldn't be much more than two or three days old -- two weeks is too long.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Does the 20k need to be shown in cash at the consulate or in a bank book? (he has a Thai bank account).

He will need a copy of his updated bank book and the original to show if asked. He should update his bank book just before starting the trip to Savannakhet.

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

As of now you will not need to show any funds at the consulate when applying for a Non-O ME based on marriage in Savannakhet.

As for the 20K baht or same amount in another currency you are mentioning, is what they have the right to ask for at the border checkpoint. However, even if it regards all visas, there are mostly check and questions to show money for tourist visas at airports. Are you going be land border, it will be extremely small chance they will ask for any show of money on a Non-O visa. Better safe than sorry. Have it at hand if needed. It´s just 20K baht.

Submitted my docs this morning for a non o based on marriage. No proof of funds required.

Filipino lady in front of me was turned away for not having her bank statements. She was applying for a tourist visa.

14 minutes ago, Damaz6052 said:

Submitted my docs this morning for a non o based on marriage. No proof of funds required.

Filipino lady in front of me was turned away for not having her bank statements. She was applying for a tourist visa.

Yes, for Tourist Visa it´s 20K for single entry and 50K for multiple if I remember right.

57 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, for Tourist Visa it´s 20K for single entry and 50K for multiple if I remember right.

Correct for a single entry to tourist visa application.

For a multiple entry tourist visa that you can apply for in your home country or country of legal residence you need to show 200k baht in a bank for 6 months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Correct for a single entry to tourist visa application.

For a multiple entry tourist visa that you can apply for in your home country or country of legal residence you need to show 200k baht in a bank for 6 months.

Ok, thanks for the correction. Is there nothing that is 50K then? I got such a feeling that I read that somewhere?

29 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Is there nothing that is 50K then? I got such a feeling that I read that somewhere?

I am not aware of anything that requires 50k baht. It could be some odd embassy or consulate that want it for something.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Satcommlee said:

Genuine tourists do not have Thai Bank accounts... think about it?

Local bank accounts can be useful for genuine tourists. Depends on a number of factors. That said, that the bank account is with a Thai bank isn't part of the requirements in any case. I've always shown a statement from a bank in Europe - not a problem at all.

On 6/25/2019 at 10:56 AM, Matzzon said:

Ok, thanks for the correction. Is there nothing that is 50K then? I got such a feeling that I read that somewhere?

You're probably thinking of the salary requirement for someone working in Thailand.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

You're probably thinking of the salary requirement for someone working in Thailand.

Nope! but as I said, i don´t remember where, and just mixed it up with money for show.

Edited by Matzzon