Non-Immigrant B Visa , work permit needed?

Does someone need a work permit when the person is employed by a company which is outside of Thailand (Germany) and is doing "mid-term consultant activites" for (well rather with) a company in Thailand?

e.g.

- I get paid by my current company in Euro, tax etc is done in Germany.

- Thai company pays my company

- I go to thailand for a few months (could do vacations in neighboring countries every 60days) and "work" for my company but the final work result will "end up at the thai company"

- I'm not employed by the thai company nor do I need to pay tax in Thailand

Edited by wasserdicht

So what´s the purpose of the non immigrant business visa then? Apparently everyone who has an non immigrant business visa must have a work permit?! So the visa would only allow entering the country and getting your work permit? nothing else? I'm doing work for my company / on behalf of my company and not for the thai company though.

Edited by wasserdicht

The general rule is that, if you are working in Thailand, you need a work permit. Indeed your situation seems non-standard.

Anyway, if you are sitting in the offices of a Thai company, it should be their worry as well that you get a proper work permit, because they'll be in trouble as much as you in case of an inspection. What's the problem in obtaining a work permit? Not too expensive, and relatively straightforward to obtain if you/Thai company have the proper documents.

About your second post: the visa is only a permit to stay in the country.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wasserdicht said:

So what´s the purpose of the non immigrant business visa then? Apparently everyone who has an non immigrant business visa must have a work permit?! So the visa would only allow entering the country and getting your work permit? nothing else? I'm doing work for my company / on behalf of my company and not for the thai company though.

The purpose is to attend meetings, conferences, explore business and also investments like condos etc.

Not working in an office full time, not sure where exactly they draw the line.

Do you think people here get a business visa to invest in condos? Nope normall not, it's all a clusterfack...

Normally people who attend conferences on a tourist visa...and no one cares.

It allows you to apply for a work permit when you are in thailand, and your company should take care of that if you really have to work from their office.

Comparable confusing as the german "Sebstaendig", "Freiberufler", "Schein-Selbstaendigkeit" bs.

• Thanks 1