Is it a thing in Thailand (or China) to tamper with unliked customer's restaurant food?

Jingthing

On 6/24/2019 at 10:27 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

There were strong rumours that spitting, urinating and even masturbating in the food , of course these were all rumours ( along with cats and dogs being found in the freezers of said establishments during a health raid !!

When I lived in Nigeria, there was often the need to 'eat out'. I once found a dog-end in a bowl of soup. I complained and they took the soup away and brought back a fresh one.

In Dagenham there was a fish and chip shop near Becontree station that had been caught hording maggots in their chicken. My sister got a chicken supper one evening only to find live maggots in the meat. She complained to the police that night. Kept the maggots for me to use when I went fishing.

One night I was eating at a very popular jok place in Chiang Mai with my wife.

I could see into the kitchen & was watching two chihuahuas in the corner play & roll about told my wife how cute

those pups are

She said those are not pups...Then I realized they were good sized rats from the moat across the street

I said sheesh if they do that when open imagine when this placed is closed they must be all over the pots etc...

In typical Thai fashion my wife said no need to worry this place never closes ????

If you're open to an alternative , why not try "take out" from that place and have your friend spot you or someone else a half priced meal to order and pick up. 

One door closes, another one opens up.....There's probably a better place a few blocks away anyway.

We had a place that served an authentic Szechuan menu ....take out only . 85 year old Chinese guy and his wife 11:00-11:00  until he retired . A little hole in the wall but you could see right into the kitchen. High turnover always means fresh food.

No guessing needed about those special ingredients in the U.S.. They do it . Some get caught, fired and arrested.   This just happened a month ago

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/workers-fired-arrested-spitting-deputies-food

One guy was recorded by his co-worker who got tired of watching him do it over and over.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pizza-spitting-detroit-ballpark-employee-charged-with-felony-2018-9

Another story where police officers got a confession from a guy who spit in a drink  by using  DNA test results .

https://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-dna-analysis-prove-chilis-waiter-spit-customers/story?id=31495378

On 6/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, Jingthing said:

this was a situation where the restaurant was completely at fault.

Throughout the entire incident? If so, then why would he have need for concern? Even if the restaurant started it, he must have done something for you to be concerned abt them tampering with his food if he came back... people would not likely spit in his food unless provoked. 

8 hours ago, owl sees all said:

When I lived in Nigeria, there was often the need to 'eat out'. I once found a dog-end in a bowl of soup. I complained and they took the soup away and brought back a fresh one.

In Dagenham there was a fish and chip shop near Becontree station that had been caught hording maggots in their chicken. My sister got a chicken supper one evening only to find live maggots in the meat. She complained to the police that night. Kept the maggots for me to use when I went fishing.

I stayed in Nigeria for 30 days a few years ago but we were fortunate that we had a “ cook “ .

For breakfast he would toast a whole loaf , put the leftovers in the fridge o/night and re-toast them again the next morning. After a few days you could break your teeth on them !!

No need to "tamper" with the food in a Restaurant in Thailand. If it looks like a vegetable, it has been "tampered" with on the farm already.
Recent reports: Thai Veggies massively contaminated with Pesticides of all sort. (40% of it).
Bon appetit!
- Rumors of Food-Tampering can easily be spread. Especially if one diden't like the nose of the "chef".
- There also sporadically surface rumors, that a Farang-Hubby has died of "Food-Poisoning" after a heavy fight with Thai-"wifey".

My girlfriend used to work in a "coffee shop" in Aranyaprathet a long time ago. Her brother was the cook. And she confirmed that it's not a good idea to complain and then eat or drink anything else in the same place.

If we go to any place and she does not like the food then she won't eat it but she never complains.

Archived