Bank letter for marriage extension

I need to add to my question. I'm using the money in the bank "seasoning" method. I have had over 400000 baht for well over 60 days. I want to know if I get the bank letter on a Friday will it still be good if I apply for the extension the following week? Thanks.

Your best option is to make a letter the same day you are going to apply for your extension. Also do not forget to update your passbook at the same time/day.

By that you will guarantee that you have valid documents regarding all Immigration Offices in Thailand.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Does anybody know if their own branch of Bangkok Bank will do a same day letter for Immigration without refering to Head Office?

You should be able to the letter from the bank while you wait at any branch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CM immigration last month accepted my letter fm Bangkok Bank dated 6 days earlier.  I had asked the bank to date the letter for the following week but they failed to do that and said no problem as it is good for a week.  I went to Immigration about 815AM got number 6 for extension, as I sat down they called #5.  Wife had gone to Big C Maehia which opens at 8:30 to update the bank book which they said had to be on day getting extension.  I was called before wife returned, the IO did all the checking/stamping etc and said just sit down and wait for wife, when she arrives bring the updated bankbook to me.  She got there about 10 minutes later, went to the IO who checked the bankbook, handed it back to me and said take a seat until

the Passport is signed off by the boss.  Waited 10 minutes for the return of PP.  All total about half an hour with no lines.  A positive experience for my extension (14th year) was quickest I think.