Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 July 2019 09:11
riclag

Marriage visa 1 year extension

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

When must I apply for a marriage visa extension at the IO,two weeks before my 60 days TV is up or two weeks before my 30 day TV extension is up ? 

I'm choosing to come in with a single entry TV. 

Edited by riclag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming with a Non Imm O would be better.

You'll have to convert your TV to a Non O first at Immigration, then apply for the extension based on marriage within the last 30 days of that 90.

Process for conversion is here; https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can apply 1-30 days before the end of your last permission to stay in the Kingdom. You will then recieve an under consideration stamp for 30 days, which will allow you to remain in the country during the process time for granting your extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You can apply 1-30 days before the end of your last permission to stay in the Kingdom. You will then recieve an under consideration stamp for 30 days, which will allow you to remain in the country during the process time for granting your extension.

I believe there should be 2 weeks left on his permission to stay to do the conversion to a Non-Imm-O Entry. It could be on the original 60 day TV Entry, or a 30 day extension.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I believe there should be 2 weeks left on his permission to stay to do the conversion to a Non-Imm-O Entry. It could be on the original 60 day TV Entry, or a 30 day extension.

At least 15 days left if he's doing a conversion.

He could also get a 60 day extension based on visiting Thai wife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll get the embassy paper work and have a friend take it over to get translated and stamped in BK.  She said no need for me to wait around ,I'll go back up north and wait for her to send it by post! The day I arrive up north, I'll report to IO that I'm here.

 

Once the paper work comes I'll head over to the Amphor and get hitched! Two weeks before my 60 days is up I'll head over to the  IO.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I believe there should be 2 weeks left on his permission to stay to do the conversion to a Non-Imm-O Entry. It could be on the original 60 day TV Entry, or a 30 day extension.

Might be 2 week. Regarding the 60 day or 90 day, I just geve recommendation after the extension because it sounded like the OP would make one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, riclag said:

Two weeks before my 60 days is up I'll head over to the  IO.

You need to start the conversion process sooner than two weeks before.

You must have at least 15 days left of your permission to stay left.

 

Read the link I posted in #2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You need to start the conversion process sooner than two weeks before.

You must have at least 15 days left of your permission to stay left.

 

Read the link I posted in #2.

 I  looked at the info from the link .I'll go after my first 30 days

Sound good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, riclag said:

 I  looked at the info from the link .I'll go after my first 30 days

Sound good

What proof of financials are you using?

400K in the bank, or 40K monthly transfers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

What proof of financials are you using?

400K in the bank, or 40K monthly transfers.

It's already(400k) in Bkk Bank! It will be seasoned for 2 months by the time I get there

 

Edited by riclag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, riclag said:

It's already(400k) in Bkk Bank

No problem then.  :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

No problem then.  :thumbsup:

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

He could also get a 60 day extension based on visiting Thai wife.

Do you know how bizarre that sounds to anyone? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aqua4 said:

Do you know how bizarre that sounds to anyone? 

Not unless you are not aware that is what immigration calls it in the police order.

"2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...