Boris Johnson says he is serious about 'no-deal' Brexit threat

Jonathan Fairfield

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You miss my point.

I doubt very much Brexit will happen by October 1st. (Actually ever).

I’m looking forward to hearing who Brexiteers will blame, because of course it will have to be somebody else’s fault.

Not that ol' Chestnut again!

If we're not out by 31 October it's a GE + Farage!

I for one will be as happy as a...

image.jpeg.d50814b1ce09d3e661c4e13b0455c4bf.jpeg

either way ????

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

The speculators and manipulators who profited from the initial crash will be looking to make a second killing in a massive post-Brexit Sterling recovery.

To quote Blackadder. 'I am glad i was wearing my corset otherwise my sides would have split'

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I think a No Deal scenario is pretty much built into the value now. It's become increasingly likely and FX markets don't tend to wait until the day the event happens.

There is room for maybe a max of 10% more devaluation in my opinion. UK exports will be fantastically competitive for a few months (it will be a great time to buy the already seriously undervalued pound) and then when everyone realizes that the sky hasn't fallen and that the UK can successfully operate as a sovereign state it will start to regain the losses that Project Fear and a dysfunctional Parliament has so greatly contributed to.

Remember, it's the uncertainty that is causing the weak pound, not Brexit. Brexit has not happened yet.  

While I admire the positivity of the post, its factual content is false. Whilst the uncertainty of a No deal scenario adds to the current decline in sterling, if it is in danger of transpiring our EXISTING sovereign state - our parliament, wouldn't allow it because sterling would crash overnight.

There is no rhyme or reason how the UK government could start to regain real losses incurred by a continual falling GDP - because there's no PLAN in place to do so. I consider that the majority of the populace has no faith in any Tory government being able to achhieve anything that would benefit the country, only their own selfish interests and status. 

As for exports being beneficial to UK traders, the other side of the coin is that imports will be the exact opposite for the populace suffering increased costs, and that would continue when sterling continues to fall.

I would add that uncertainty is a factor but the real villian is the concept of brexit itself.  

20 minutes ago, Loiner said:

...every few days there's a similar post by JF on the same tiring subject and the same usual responses...... And here we have Pot/Kettle at its' finest. Boris will be the new Leader of the Tory Party, not a wishy washy Remainer. There's no guarantee at all that he will not lead the CON party Remainer MPs into toeing the party line, thus avoiding a GE.

There's plenty of doubt about the Project Fear hysterics about possible damage to the UK economy. 

Johnson does not have to get the WAG (Merkel/May Surrender Treaty) past parliament. It's dead and buried now after being shot down three times by parliament. Yes, I'm sure there will be even more Remainer backlash after your plans to thwart Brexit have been scuppered, but by 31st October that will have been done. What will be your next cloud cuckoo plot to try and shackle the UK in your EU ideology?

Fact 1: both Johnson and Hunt voted to pass the WAG's last submission.

Fact 2: the ERG Tory brexiteer hardliners caused the WAG to be defeated by opposing it, not the remainer MPS.

As for the 31st October, either a deal would have been passed or the PM would have been ousted and a GE imposed. A No-deal ain't going to happen, because our sovereign parliament won't let it happen.

That's the reality.

57 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You miss my point.

I doubt very much Brexit will happen by October 1st. (Actually ever).

I’m looking forward to hearing who Brexiteers will blame, because of course it will have to be somebody else’s fault.

The 31st of October is a deadline and by definition cannot be moved, only Mrs May has the power to move deadlines.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

The 31st of October is a deadline and by definition cannot be moved, only Mrs May has the power to move deadlines.

But perhaps only for as long as the Tilbrook case continues to be black-balled by MSM & stalled by the courts ????

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

My monies on Nigel Farage.

Not a scholar of form then.

He’s had seven failed attempts to enter Parliament as an MP, and hid in the toilets at Peterborough when it became clear that 43,000 former Leave voters had gone AWOL.

Friendly advice, don’t bet with money you can’t afford to loose.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He’s had seven failed attempts to enter Parliament as an MP, and hid in the toilets at Peterborough when it became clear that 43,000 former Leave voters had gone AWOL.

Peterborough can be classed as 'Work in Progress' 

What is the matter with the UK politicians ?????

May had the same option + she had a deal deal as well as leave without a deal.

The House of Commons (chicken farm ) need to wake up the themselves or Britain 

will become a second world country (please note I did not use the word "Great)

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

No, he doesn't really think they will blink. He's offering an olive branch which he knows full well will be refused. Then when we leave on No Deal he can say "it wasn't my preferred option but what can you do when you're dealing with people who won't even negotiate in good faith?"

What else is he going to say? "They can stick their pathetic withdrawal surrender treaty up their jacksie, I'm not interested in paying 39 Billion for Bo Diddley"? That's probably what he's thinking, but maybe he has a tad more diplomacy than you give him credit for.

"What else is he going to say? "They can stick their pathetic withdrawal surrender treaty up their jacksie, I'm not interested in paying 39 Billion for Bo Diddley"?"

Personally, I'd have been happier if he'd said precisely that!

Let me tell you, there are abundant, abundant technical fixes that can be introduced to make sure that you don't have to have checks at the border," Johnson said.

Trade experts have expressed scepticism that technology can solve the border problem, at least in the near term.

Last week, Irish foreign minister Simon Coveney said the contenders to become Britain's prime minister had offered solutions "simply not based on reality.

Wishful thinking and fantasy formations.

The loss of reality of some UK politicians is frightening. The development and implementation of such technology takes many years. Just the discussion about the cost distribution would take some years. And next week, the UK is building its first trading post on Mars.

Guest Jerry787

he is very serious to bring UK to its knees 

sometime i really wish he may achieve it, so britons will enjoy a NO DEAL exit 

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I agree, with s bit of preparation for next time someone can lock the toilet door while the pound shop Enoch is in hiding.

Incidentally, Nigel Farage has been meeting with Boris backers and DUP MP Ian Paisley, it could suggest they are working on some sort of a pact if there was a General Election.

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He probably had to go and throw up once it was clear that Labour had cheated (again).

1 minute ago, Jerry787 said:

he is very serious to bring UK to its knees 

sometime i really wish he may achieve it, so britons will enjoy a NO DEAL exit 

Some people are hoping that the UK will be brought to it's knees, those people don't know the UK.

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I thought there was a law about leaving on 31 March 2019? What happened to that? You must have missed that too?

Agree.

How on earth did this happen?

But to look on the bright side there is a court case arguing that this is the case.

Weirdly, it's not reported on MSM .....

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Incidentally, Nigel Farage has been meeting with Boris backers and DUP MP Ian Paisley, it could suggest they are working on some sort of a pact if there was a General Election.

It could mean lots of things.

But pact in a GE?

I recommend Mrs Beeton’s jugged hare.

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Let me tell you, there are abundant, abundant technical fixes that can be introduced to make sure that you don't have to have checks at the border," Johnson said.

funny he didn't mention them when asked for options details..... as usual BS waste of saliva and time

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But pact in a GE?

Would think that Boris Becker with his history of business failings and bankruptcy is either giving advice to Farage as how to bankrupt the UK and still get fan letters from Brexiteers or else giving him lessons in a back hand returns in case him and Boris J wants a doubles match with their respective partners ????????????

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But pact in a GE?

Are you suggesting they are planning on opening a polo club in Islington, why else would they be having these meetings?

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Some people are hoping that the UK will be brought to it's knees, those people don't know the UK.

I doubt anybody is hoping the UK will be brought to it’s knees, but there are those doing their level best to vandalize the UK’s economy.

‘A price worth paying’ is how they described it.

Of course it is complete nonsense to suggest the UK would ever get itself into such a mess that it finds itself begging at the doors of the IMF.

Such behaviour is for those tin pot Banana Republics, not good old Blighty.

4 hours ago, petemoss said:

With Trump as his mentor what else do you expect. An open border with no customs union is Boris's Mexican wall.

I wonder who Boris will get to pay for all this technology? The EU no doubt!

A weak position, devoid of substance, is used one who brings in the President of another country to the topic. Please present facts that President Trump has "mentored" this man. Your claim and free use of the word is questionable.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why are you asking me?

Farage has a history of unexplained meetings.

The same reason you made a sarcastic reply to my last post.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But pact in a GE?

Archived