Boris Johnson says he is serious about 'no-deal' Brexit threat

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

The PM has to request the extension. EU puppet Theresa May's decision to request those extensions effectively ended her role as PM. 

The law is in place, all Johnson would need to do is sit on his hands. 

Johnson will be facing defeat in a vote of no confidence in his government ... he's promising an outcome that it's not within his gift to give. Corbyn will decide what Brexit is.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I doubt anybody is hoping the UK will be brought to it’s knees, but there are those doing their level best to vandalize the UK’s economy.

‘A price worth paying’ is how they described it.

Of course it is complete nonsense to suggest the UK would ever get itself into such a mess that it finds itself begging at the doors of the IMF.

Such behaviour is for those tin pot Banana Republics, not good old Blighty.

With imminent climate change affecting Blighty it's a possibility that banana plantations could be grown in Kent to feed the humungus backlog of lorry drivers on the M20 awaiting customs passage into Dover. 

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Nah !!  Boris 160 votes, and Hunt 77 votes who my friend working in UK NHS changes the H for a C.  

That was amongst the Tory MPs.   The real test is amongst the 160,000 Tory members voting next month.  As for your friend in the NHS, understandable comments I guess but maybe he is familiar with Scunthorpe to ?   ????  But that aside it is the Tory party generally who has brought the NHS to its knees, from what was once the flagship of the UK's social policies.

24 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Ol' Stomper keeps banging that drum not realising a legal challenge was very publicly launched yesterday that will turn the result on its head.

That you hope will turn the result on its head.

I take it though the court won’t be finding the 43,000 former Leave voters who went AWOL.

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Of course the "main issue" should be about trade, which is why so many of us are wondering why both the uk and eu govts. are putting this at the bottom of the 'negotiating ????' list.....

Perhaps because dozens of deals are already in place, including over 50 deals with countries outside the EU. I'm wondering why anyone, including the UK Tory government would want to junk that. How is that going to make the UK better off? Until the government spell it out, exactly why, which hasn't happened in the last three years, there is simply no rationale. 

AS I said, it's a Red Herring. It would only be beneficial for emerging market hedge funds. 

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

"If Johnson aims to leave, he'll have to get the WAG past parliament, and if it's not the ideal deal, that's Tough Teety."

You're seriously think and hope that the eu/may surrender treaty will be passed by the uk parliament?

Silly question, of course you do......

Edit - To look on the bright side, even brit. remainers recognise the surrender treaty as the worst possible option!

It's either that or a GE. Take your pick. 

Just now, CNXexpat said:

I have no idea why they don´t leave. No deal, no contract, nothing. Leave and start thinking then what they want. Easy! It´s so annoying. 

I think that's a fair summation of the Brexiters approach. Don't start thinking about what you want until after you've left. And then when you find out you aren't going to get it...

The Brits remind me at a guy who wants to leave the tennis club: "I want to leave, no more club fees, no more regulations about training times and so on. But I still want the discount for members in the bar, I want an invitation for the Christmas and Halloween party, I want to use the pool and the kindergarden. So let´s make a deal. What can you do for me when I am out?"

1 minute ago, CNXexpat said:

The Brits remind me at a guy who wants to leave the tennis club: "I want to leave, no more club fees, no more regulations about training times and so on. But I still want the discount for members in the bar, I want an invitation for the Christmas and Halloween party, I want to use the pool and the kindergarden. So let´s make a deal. What can you do for me when I am out?"

Trust me, we don't want anything to do with the EUs Christmas Parties, we have no-one who can keep up with Jean Claude Juncker for a start, he always starts trouble and needs carrying home.

8 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

I have no idea why they don´t leave. No deal, no contract, nothing. Leave and start thinking then what they want. Easy! It´s so annoying. 

Failure to plan before any action is taken is a recipe for failure. Especially the UK government. That hasn't happened in the last 3 years, and I suspect it never will.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Trust me, we don't want anything to do with the EUs Christmas Parties, we have no-one who can keep up with Jean Claude Juncker for a start, he always starts trouble and needs carrying home.

Then LEAVE! Go away and don´t try to make deals with the EU now. What the hell is the problem? If I want to leave a tennis club, I give them my member card, cancel at my bank the monthly transfer to the club and that´s it. But you want to leave and make deals in the same moment. 

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

Oh so politicians’ personal problems are fair game after all.

Then LEAVE! Go away and don´t try to make deals with the EU now. What the hell is the problem? If I want to leave a tennis club, I give them my member card, cancel at my bank the monthly transfer to the club and that´s it. But you want to leave and make deals in the same moment. 

Eureka, by George I think he's got it. BTW we joined a golf club, the EU changed it to a tennis club.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh so politicians’ personal problems are fair game after all.

What personal problems would those be chomper, maybe Boris has personal problems, it doesn't stop you attacking him now does it. 

1 minute ago, vogie said:

What personal problems would those be chomper, maybe Boris has personal problems, it doesn't stop you attacking him now does it. 

I’ve not once suggested a politicians personal problems and private life should not be open for public scrutiny and criticism.

That argument has been made by Brexiteers on this forum.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Eureka, by George I think he's got it. BTW we joined a golf club, the EU changed it to a tennis club.

You are not happy that the golf club is a tennis club? Then leave. Easy. What would you do in private when your golf club changed to a tennis club? You leave. But you don´t try to start to make deals with your former golf club. Simple. And much more simple if you are also in the club´s parliament and can effect what they are doing. You don´t want to follow the democratic majority? Then leave!

2 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

You are not happy that the golf club is a tennis club? Then leave. Easy. What would you do in private when your golf club changed to a tennis club? You leave. But you don´t try to start to make deals with your former golf club. Simple. And much more simple if you are also in the club´s parliament and can effect what they are doing. You don´t want to follow the democratic majority? Then leave!

Are you following the Brexit debacle, we are leaving. We are following the democratic majority that decided to leave.

Just now, damascase said:

........with your full agreement and cooperation, so don’t complain.

Not with my full agreement, it was all done surreptitiously, when we discovered the deceit and realised that tennis is not what we signed up to play, we decided to find a better club that plays fair and square, and is indeed open and honest.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Are you following the Brexit debacle, we are leaving. We are following the democratic majority that decided to leave.

Point of correction. The democratic majority did not decide to leave.

The Tory government made the decision to leave based on the referendum outcome. Whether that was a democratic decision or not, is debatable. However parliament passed it, and it would be up to parliament to decide what happens next and how it's going to happen. That's democracy at work.

Just now, stephenterry said:

Point of correction. The democratic majority did not decide to leave.

The Tory government made the decision to leave based on the referendum outcome. Whether that was a democratic decision or not, is debatable. However parliament passed it, and it would be up to parliament to decide what happens next and how it's going to happen. That's democracy at work.

Playing games again Stephen, please don't insult my intelligence.

13 minutes ago, vogie said:

You are leaving since how long? 2 years. 

After you left you can make good deals with other nations for sure, by example with Mr. America first or your former colony India which you treated so well. I am sure they all are waiting to make amazing deals with GREAT Britain. Lol.

You are leaving since how long? 2 years. 

After you left you can make good deals with other nations for sure, by example with Mr. America first or your former colony India which you treated so well. I am sure they all are waiting to make amazing deals with GREAT Britain. Lol.

3 years if you want to be precise. You are coming across as a little cross?

I see you emphasised the "GREAT" there was really no need to, the Romans called us Great Britain, so at best your beef is with the Italians.????????

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That you hope will turn the result on its head.

I take it though the court won’t be finding the 43,000 former Leave voters who went AWOL.

They're in the mail.

Archived