Can my Thai child sponsor me for a Retirement visa?

Morning All.

I'm currently living in Thailand with my Thai wife of 33 years. I'm here on a 'Thai Wife' 1 year renewable visa. I would like to know if my daughter who is working at the U.N in Bangkok, can sponsor me in my next visa application. She was born in Thailand and holds Thai citizenship, as well as British.

If indeed it is possible, would I STILL need to go through the 400k bank account seasoning process, as I currently no do with my current 'Thai Wife' visa.

Thanks in advance for any sound information.

It would not be for retirement it would be for being her parent.

There is a line in clause 2.18 of the police order issued in 2014 that states this.

"In case the father or mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over."

I have never seen a post from anybody trying to get one and certainly none that were accepted.

I think it would be denied due to you being married to her mother.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There is a line in clause 2.18 of the police order issued in 2014 that states this.

"In case the father or mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over."

I have never seen a post from anybody trying to get one and certainly none that were accepted.

Wouldn't it also be that the kid has to live with the parent? I have thought about this and asked you about it before as is interesting and one option I will leave open to try in my older age.

4 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Wouldn't it also be that the kid has to live with the parent?

I don't know since I am not aware of anybody doing it. But I think it would be the parent living with their child if it was required.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That would make sense, me being married to her mother. I guess this option of Thai children sponsoring their parent for a visa applies in cases of death or divorce of the Thai mother? Thanks for the info!