Israeli who was deported after dismembering wife in Bangkok caught in Thailand again

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ezzra said:

So much for 'life sentence' isn't nice when you murder someone do few years jail and get free again because Thailand don't want to keep foreigner in it's jail systems? Pity this Marine guy who is locked up on some obscure chargers is NOT that lucky...

Not just Thailand- there are MANY western countries where life does not mean 'life'.

As just one example I take it you didn't realise the Norwegian mass killer can actually be paroled at some point under Norwegian law?  77 murders and a sentence that can see him let out if he is no longer deemed a threat to society.

Far easier to make an ill-judged Thai-bashing comment though I suppose.

13 hours ago, pkspeaker said:

instead of deporting him again, they should prosecute him for the illegal entry.. people who come to Thailand with fake passports or visas get 1-2 years in prison when caught.. This case should be considered the same thing

Agreed.  Just deporting again makes it a revolving door with little penalty.

9 hours ago, emptypockets said:

That was only introduced after the failed Hawke/Keating Big Brother proposal to have all Ozzies given an national ID number. We are not obliged to use either number should we choose not too. Sure it can make life difficult inasmuch a higher level of tax may be payable, but that is personal choice. I'm not real keen on this national number identifier used in Thailand and the USA and other places.

7 hours ago, Trouble said:

So when he got back to Israel he was a free man and was able to get a passport under another name.  Nice work. Seems their might be some flaws in the passport department in Israel.

Well did his sentence in Thailand , free once out to Israel not criminal there

7 hours ago, Trouble said:

So when he got back to Israel he was a free man and was able to get a passport under another name.  Nice work. Seems their might be some flaws in the passport department in Israel.

Changed his name legal 

21 hours ago, Basil B said:

Exactly, and can be recalled at any time without reason.

Thais should send him back to prison to serve the rest of his sentence, by the time he gets out again he certainly would not even wish to come back.

Shld go back in, and never come back out. 

This story is ludicrous. 

I guess  his wife wasn’t thai, so they didn’t consider the crime so bad. ?

just weird this fked up world. 

6 minutes ago, DjSiN said:

Shld go back in, and never come back out. 

This story is ludicrous. 

I guess  his wife wasn’t thai, so they didn’t consider the crime so bad. ?

just weird this fked up world. 

As I recall she was Thai.

7 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Should be made to serve out his full sentence in Thai jail before deportation!

How the hell did the Israeli authorities issue a new name and passport to a guy who was convicted of murder?

He had not committed any crime in Israel, so how could they have stopped him?? 

15 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

He had not committed any crime in Israel, so how could they have stopped him?? 

I guess they didn't do any background checks on the guy.

Well, the idiot returned and go caught, hope they throw him in the monkey house for a few years. Some just do not want to learn!

15 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

I guess they didn't do any background checks on the guy.

Well, the idiot returned and go caught, hope they throw him in the monkey house for a few years. Some just do not want to learn!

Even with background checks, considering his name was changed, it would be difficult.

Even Israel could not refuse him a passport as he had no criminal record there

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Even with background checks, considering his name was changed, it would be difficult.

I was thinking background check BEFORE proceeding with name change. THai authorities picked him up anyhow, so I guess name change did not help him.

Anyone who gets deported from a country should be finger printed first for future reference. Then name changes and new passports won't help the 'offender/criminal' element.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:32 PM, Basil B said:

As I recall she was Thai.

She was Israeli.  They had agreed on a divorce and he decided to travel to Australia, stopping off in Bangkok on the way.  He sent her a ticket asking to come over and meet him to try and work things out.  She noticed it was a one way ticket, and her family bought her a return one.  They should have asked why he thought a one way ticket was sufficient.

image.png.8e22c505c603a8b7e24df685be951d80.png

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Comes back to everyone having an ID number that can not be changed.

Archived