Evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Special forces descend on popular Soi 6 bar

Jonathan Fairfield

Evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Special forces descend on popular Soi 6 bar

i5a.jpg

Image: ข่าวพัทยา Pattayanews

The special administrative department of the Pattaya authorities finally showed the police how to find evidence of prostitution in Pattaya. 

Just a few members of the squad uncovered what hundreds of police and top brass had failed to do in Walking Street the other week.

They busted the Coming Bar in Soi 6 last night. They even found evidence of underage sex.

The raid came after the Ronnasit Foundation went to the government watchdog Damrongtham with their suspicions and tips. 

It was found that sex was for sale at the bar that has 18 hostesses. 

Bar fines could be paid and the customers could take the women for sex upstairs to special rooms or away from the bar. 

One of the girls was found to be underage - aged just 17. 

i5.jpg

Image: INN 

INN reported that the bar is owned by a consortium comprising Taiwanese, Chinese and Thai nationals. 

Charges relating to human trafficking, prostitution and procurement of women for underage sex have been made. 

INN said the 18 staff were interviewed separately to gather further evidence with which to prosecute the owners. 

The police were pictured taking credit for the bust at a press conference. 

64862803_2226885884047182_7916213433400295424_n.jpg

A room at the Coming Bar

A couple of weeks ago some 200 officials including top policemen went on a tour of bars in Walking Street looking for prostitution and drugs. 

Thaivisa reported that they found precisely nothing - a story that was then reported on more fully by the Thai press and widely shared amid much ridicule by the Thai and expatriate public. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Got to love the irony they found one and only 1 bar in the entire Soi 6😂

They wouldn't have found any more as the rest were fleeing up Beach Rd 🤣

Absolutely farcical. Soi 6 is arguably the naughtiest bar street in the world, and these plastic cops shutting down only 1 bar on the soi and then patting themselves on the back 😂

I do hope that other bars close by are unaffected as a lot of the staff will be less able to make the money they need in a safe environment 

On a different note though, good to get the underage girl out though, even though the method was more than a little O.T.T

This is either fake news or else the super slueths stacked out the local 7/11 and, noting the high level of extra large condom sales, which would only have meant " a fit for a Farang", sniffed some money to be had and followed the purchasers to their place of employment. 😂

But noting that the article said;   " INN reported that the bar is owned by a consortium comprising Taiwanese, Chinese and Thai nationals."  it is heartwarming to know that no Farangs were involved in the running of this establishment.

sorry to hear about the 17 year old girl. that is not good.

but if I were to be in a coma for a year and then wake up my first question would be "Is Soi 6 still open?"  :cheesy:

3 minutes ago, dcsw53 said:

Breaking News
BIB amazed to find bears doing it in the woods !! What next ??

I thought that was the pope in the woods, and that bears were catholic?

11 minutes ago, BestB said:

Got to love the irony they found one and only 1 bar in the entire Soi 6😂

In other news, local stationary stores have run out of brown envelopes..

3 minutes ago, steve73 said:

In other news, local stationary stores have run out of brown envelopes..

Customers are recommended to buy white envelopes and colour them in the bathroom.

Archived