Evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Special forces descend on popular Soi 6 bar

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well another point to consider is that perhaps the Thais were disgruntled that this business stream was not solely owned by a Thai, rather a Chinese and Taiwanese was also involved

The majority of bars on Soi 6 are owned by Brits.

34 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The special administrative department of the Pattaya authorities finally showed the police how to find evidence of prostitution in Pattaya. 

Just a few members of the squad uncovered what hundreds of police and top brass had failed to do in Walking Street the other week

Assuming this jibe is understandable the same way in the original Thai news report:

How to make the police lose face in one easy press release. Could be the start of a war between the two groups?

40 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A couple of weeks ago some 200 officials including top policemen went on a tour of bars in Walking Street looking for prostitution and drugs.

I think the objective was to secure "safety" for tourists (read: harassment) to show them "force"... (read: intimidate)

It is a good thing they found only one bar. That means they are not really looking. That is good for the entire nation. Restricting sex, between consenting adults is about the biggest waste of time and resources possible, by the authorities of any city or nation. Even New York is attempting to legalize prostitution at this moment. Get over yourselves. False puritanism is not an attractive quality, on any level. 

Just now, petemoss said:

Someone started a thread on it, on his website. It was quickly shut down with no explanation. Strange.

Bit  like “his” gentleman’s  club which was packed to the roof prior to being sold and all over sudden it was not a place to be, new owner also member banned and club closed within a month ????

amd that’s only the tip of the iceberg 

Just now, BestB said:

Bit  like “his” gentleman’s  club which was packed to the roof prior to being sold and all over sudden it was not a place to be, new owner also member banned and club closed within a month ????

amd that’s only the tip of the iceberg 

lettuce hope it all works out OK.

58 minutes ago, z42 said:

Absolutely farcical. Soi 6 is arguably the naughtiest bar street in the world, and these plastic cops shutting down only 1 bar on the soi and then patting themselves on the back ????

I do hope that other bars close by are unaffected as a lot of the staff will be less able to make the money they need in a safe environment 

On a different note though, good to get the underage girl out though, even though the method was more than a little O.T.T

Hmmmm. Underage is less than 17 in many/ most countries.

She was illegally working in a bar though as the legal age for that is 18, if I remember correctly.

I believe that sex with a 15 year old is legal in Thailand as long as the parents agree, though that may have changed.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya

:cheesy: x the number of prostitutes in Pattaya

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

sorry to hear about the 17 year old girl. that is not good.

but if I were to be in a coma for a year and then wake up my first question would be "Is Soi 6 still open?"  :cheesy:

It's OK, she'd be 18 by then ! LOL

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

It's OK, she'd be 18 by then ! LOL

I just need to ask about you signature file: "Love and Mercy to you and your friends tonight."

Just which holy order do these two nuns belong to, and do you have a contact number for them?

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

I just need to ask about you signature file: "Love and Mercy to you and your friends tonight."

Just which holy order do these two nuns belong to, and do you have a contact number for them?

That is a line from a song by Brian Wilson on his 1988 solo album.

The Holy Order of the Wannebee Virgins

3 minutes ago, aqua4 said:

I would hate to be the DNA team collecting evidence in Soi 6. 

An overdose situation within five minutes I'd think.

edit: Although in only one bar, it must narrow it down to perhaps half a million suspects from over the years.

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

An overdose situation within five minutes I'd think.

edit: Although in only one bar, it must narrow it down to perhaps half a million suspects from over the years.

Just did a quick calc. I don't know how many bars there are in soi 6 but assumed 50. 10 ladies in each bar only averaging 1 patron per day for say 350 days per year ( allow 15 days for closures) then over a 20 year period that equates to 3,500,000 potential patrons who have left deposits.

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Just did a quick calc. I don't know how many bars there are in soi 6 but assumed 50. 10 ladies in each bar only averaging 1 patron per day for say 350 days per year ( allow 15 days for closures) then over a 20 year period that equates to 3,500,000 potential patrons who have left deposits.

I wonder how many will be back to collect their deposits? Or have they probably lost interest by now?

Archived