BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Special forces descend on popular Soi 6 bar

Errr, I'm new here, can anyone please tell me what does it mean 'Police finds prostitution in soi 6'... is it ture to have prostitution in Pattaya?...

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well another point to consider is that perhaps the Thais were disgruntled that this business stream was not solely owned by a Thai, rather a Chinese and Taiwanese was also involved

The majority of bars on Soi 6 are owned by Brits.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The special administrative department of the Pattaya authorities finally showed the police how to find evidence of prostitution in Pattaya. 

Just a few members of the squad uncovered what hundreds of police and top brass had failed to do in Walking Street the other week

Assuming this jibe is understandable the same way in the original Thai news report:

How to make the police lose face in one easy press release. Could be the start of a war between the two groups?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A couple of weeks ago some 200 officials including top policemen went on a tour of bars in Walking Street looking for prostitution and drugs.

I think the objective was to secure "safety" for tourists (read: harassment) to show them "force"... (read: intimidate)

• Like 1

Prostitution in Pattaya? Well I never. They'll be finding sand in the Sahara next.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, petemoss said:

The majority of bars on Soi 6 are owned by Brits.

By a group , headed by a Brit😉

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

By a group , headed by a Brit😉

Someone started a thread on it, on his website. It was quickly shut down with no explanation. Strange.

• Like 1

It would be more difficult to find a bar in Pattaya that does not promote selling their girls to customers than it is to get the PM to attend a meeting with the newly elected government MPs.

• Like 1